Anyone out there with only one tube...a little help please!

JessicaMarie

Pregnant!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I lost a fallopian tube 3 year ago. Since then, my cycles go from being 28 days to 35 days. Never really in between. Do you think it is an indicator of which side I am ovulating on? I feel such bad O cramps some months, and none at all others. I always assume I am ovulating on the "wrong" side and that it is my scar tissue causing the pain, but that's just my own idea- nothing to base it on.

I guess I wouldnt do anything differently, I will still try each month, but I wish there was a more definite way to know which side I was ovulating on, so that I knew how much hope I had month to month. It is so discouraging!

Hey hun,

I lost a tube to an ectopic pregnancy last year and can tell you it is frustrating to want to know if the "good side" ovulated each month. I was seeing a reproductive endocrinologist and charting, using opks and whatnot and if you are able to see a doctor they can scan to see where you ovulated. The one thing I can tell you that was true in my case at least was that I tended to get pains on both sides when I ovulated on my "good side" vs painful niggles one the bad side when it was just that ovary. The good news that a lot of women don't realize is that you can ovulate from your tubeless ovary and the other tube can pick that egg up still. Sounds crazy and although not as likely it can happen:thumbup:

I did find charting helped me to see patterns that helped identify which side I o'd from as well. I wasn't ust logging temps everyday but specific pains, cm, and other symptoms. When looking month to month I could see patterns that correlated with the good ovary like better cm and stronger O cramping. Worth doing imo and when your ttc with one tube any edge can help.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks for your help. So you have more pain when you ovulated on the good side, am I reading that right? But no difference in amount of days? That's my big thing- my cycle going from 28 to 35 days.
I think you might be right about charting though. It seems so intimidating, but I have been using OPKs. We concieved my second daughter immediatly after the ectopic, not even two months later. Because of nursing, it took 21 months to start my cycle again this time. It just seems to be taking foooorever!

But thank you for your information!

Thanks for your help. So you have more pain when you ovulated on the good side, am I reading that right? But no difference in amount of days? That's my big thing- my cycle going from 28 to 35 days.
I think you might be right about charting though. It seems so intimidating, but I have been using OPKs. We concieved my second daughter immediatly after the ectopic, not even two months later. Because of nursing, it took 21 months to start my cycle again this time. It just seems to be taking foooorever!

But thank you for your information!

It wasn't that I had "more" pain but both ovaries hurt when I ovulated from the good side. I guess the side without a tube was effected by the hormones my good ovary produced? As far as cycle differences yes they were erratic at first but I started vitex and that regulated them fairly quickly as far as length so I can't speak for long term ovary-cycle comparisons.

My sister used vitex to get her cycles back after nursing so you may want to read up on it and see if it's for you :thumbup:

I would think the loss of a tube wouldn't have a personal affect on anything. That being said apparently ive had one blocked tube forever and ever and both tubes became blocked eventually. At one point i started noticing ovulation pain on the right side, when using clomid. Eventually when one tube was opened it was in fact the right tube, and it didn't matter how many follicles i had on the left side, only the right side was when i could feel it.

I'd try to get some ultrasounds for say 3 months in a row to check ovulation. It's possible that you're still ovulating on both sides OR it's possible to only ovulate on the side with the tube, sometimes the body compensates, sometimes it doesnt

At the very least even if you're ovulating back and forth you'd know which side is which. In theory it will make conception take twice as long since your chances have been cut in half from the get go, but it's certainly possible to get pregnant with no other issues with one tube. I should mention that i had 4 kids with only one open tube, although my husband and i were not trying nor protecting it took us appx 3 years between babies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->