• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone overdue?

Just had a midwife appointment, she attempted a sweep but couldn't even reach my cervix it's still so high :(
Been booked in for induction next week which I think I'm going to refuse for a extra few days as reeeeeeally don't want to be induced again. Feeling down and hormonal today. Sending all you lovely overdue ladies hugs xx

Thanks :) think everyone deserves a hug too! It's so hard being overdue. I have just started having a few contractions again but doubt they will turn into anything! Good luck to everyone else xxx

Thank you Saz:) had some terrible lightning pains tonight almost unbearable but eased off after a couple of hours. Will ask mw again why these are so bad. I was dreading going into labour but I think it will actually be a relief now as definitely suffering now! Let's hope our babies make an appearance v soon:)Xx.

Had my appointment today and I am being induced on Sat. I'm really pleased as they have said I'm just not progressing on my own and as he is a very big baby really he needs to come out now. I'm not really that big a person and my bump is huge so they do have some concerns about a natural birth. But we're giving it a go with induction, if that fails it'll be a c section. But I'm really not bothered. Just want my little (or should I say big!) guy here safe and sound.

1day overdue :(. Feel like crying all the time as I know im going to be induced again.

I'm 6 days over now and feeling down:( worrying how big he will get as ds 4 was 12 days over and 9lb 1 and got stuck. I think ill end up being induced again and I really don't want to be:( xxx

I feel so despondent...4 days overdue today and nothing.. not even BH.. :-(:-(:-(

I'm 6 days over now and feeling down:( worrying how big he will get as ds 4 was 12 days over and 9lb 1 and got stuck. I think ill end up being induced again and I really don't want to be:( xxx

This is how i feel - I reeeeeeally dont want to be induced again. Im booked in for next week but think i might put it off for a few days. But at the same time im worried about size! :cry:

Me too Saz! I'm so aware that the longer he stays in the bigger he will get! My dh is 6 5 so we're not expecting him to be any less than 9lb or more as dh was 9lb 6 when he was born and our son nearly 5 now was 9lb 1. I know what you mean about avoiding induction I really don't want to be induced again either:( come on babies lol xxx.

I'm now 41+4! :/
I had a sweep yesterday and though I had some slightly stronger contractions for a couple hours nothing happened :( I'm 2 centimeters (1/2 centimeter more than on Monday) and the cervix is soft but my midwife said it's still pretty high and baby isn't very well engaged. I've been trying everything (walking, dancing, bd, bouncing on the ball, epo, raspberry leaf tea, even running up and down stairs!) and nothing. They checked him on monitors yesterday and he's doing great, still very active but just super content where he is!

I really don't want to be induced but DH and I decided it would be best not to go past 42 weeks since the midwives don't attend births after that and it would be with a doctor and I wouldn't be able to do a water birth and would be less likely to have a natural birth. So right now we're scheduled for induction on Monday. I go back and forth from being really bummed and dreading being induced to being relieved that at least we have an end date.

Any encouraging induction stories? I'm still hoping he'll come on his own still in the next couple of days!

Well I have to ring the hospital in an hour to see if I can go in for my induction today. I'm nervous about it but so ready to meet my daughter.

Emu, I will update when I can, hopefully I will have a positive induction story for u!

How is everyone doing?

Sazaroo, your daughter is beautiful! I love that photo

Gutted but will have to cancel my sweep today:( dh had been v v ill overnight and would not be well enough to attend the birth. Never seen him be so sick. V nasty case of Gastroenteritis I think. Worried about catching it myself now. Good luck Jess xxx

Oh no bless him. I'm sure they can reschedule you for Monday. I really hope you don't get ill xx

Do you know where they have to put the pessary to start induction? It has been so uncomfortable when they have tried to move my cervix both times I am hoping they don't have to do that to get it in the right place.

hey I'm now a week overdue. slightly frustrated but I was expecting to go over. my 1st was born at +10and 2nd at +9. can't be much longer!

Thanks Jess:) I really hope I don't get ill too. But am thinking I might as if it's gastroenteritis it's v catching:( I had to have my cervix pulled forward to put the pessery in to induce me with ds 4 and the mw said after oh I probably should have given you gas and air for that! Not much good after! Xxxxxxx

Thanks, I thought it would be similar but was just being hopeful it wouldn't! I think I will have to warn them I struggled with the first two sweep attempts as I had to stop her the second time. Think I was still sore from the first attempt but it will be three days since my last one this time so hoping I will be a bit better.

Make sure you wash your hands carefully and try to stay away from him as much as you can! I know it's not easy. Not fair, he should be looking after you but these things can't be helped. I hope he gets better soon xxx

I know it's rotten timing it really is! We're both gutted but the sweeps rebooked for Monday at 11 and I'm going to be induced Thursday 17th if not gone into labour before that. I thought I would be left 14 days but my mw told me it's only 12 so I've only got til Thursday left now! Xxxxx

I know exactly how you all feel.

My son was two weeks overdue!!! I am never late for anything but he had other plans. Even labour was slow and ended up with an emcs. As soon as he was here we discovered that it said a lot about him. He was the most laid back, content little baby. Nothing phased him. Even now as a toddler he is pretty chilled ad doesn't make a lot of fuss.

I am expecting this one to be late and hoping he or she will have the same personality as his/her brother.

You will all be cuddling babies very soon :)

I was supposed to be induced yesterday but they couldmt fit me in. Gott to ring today to see if they can do it today but no guarantee. Could just sit and cry all day, hate this waiting around

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"