Anyone petrified of 12 week scan?

mamarix16

Pregnant with baby #3!
Reaction score
Hi girls, this is my third pregnancy and so far it has been really tough, all day sickness, so tired I can barely function which of course has kept me feeling like maybe things are going ok but I am absolutely petrified of the 12 week scan picking up something terrible :( I have had a few friends who have gone to their appointments only to be told they have a missed miscarriage - I was going to take my 2 and a half year old with us but the more I think about it the more I think I best not incase there is something wrong - scan is on the 24th and of course I cant wait for it but I just wish there was something I could do to know its all ok so badly want this baby, even though he/she was not planned I am so atatched and in love already, I wish the worry would go away but it never does - anyone else feel the same or am I the only nutty one?!

I am exactly the same I wish I could have a scan now I have also had a bad experience with a scan a few years ago I went to be told of a mmc I have had a healthy baby between but am really really worried about it this time !! Still got at least 5 weeks till I get a scan

You're not alone!
My first pregnancy I found out at my 12 week scan I had a mmc and since then the naviety of scans has left me. I have a gorgeous nearly 3 yr old dd then had an ectopic 5 months ago.
This time I had a scan at 6 weeks but I was still terrified for my 12 week one. Luckily I only found out about my appointment 2 hours before it, it was amazing to see my LO on the screen :)
Wishing you lots of luck and a speedy time til your scan x

I'm scared for my 12wk scan. I want to get a private one done at 10wks just so I know what to expect & it's sooner than 12wks! I am so worried about losing one of my twins :hugs: ladies, we'll get there!

I felt exactly the same this time (its my 3rd also), I was convinced it would be a mmc. I almost couldn't believe it when we saw LO! I wish I'd paid for an early scan so I'd have felt more confident going into the 12 weeks scan as I think that was a big part of the problem (I've always had early scans with my others). Might that be an option for you?

I felt exactly the same this time (its my 3rd also), I was convinced it would be a mmc. I almost couldn't believe it when we saw LO! I wish I'd paid for an early scan so I'd have felt more confident going into the 12 weeks scan as I think that was a big part of the problem (I've always had early scans with my others). Might that be an option for you?

The early scan saved my sanity to be honest, there was a 50% off deal at a place across town so I jumped at the chance as really felt £50 was a small price to stop worrying. Is there any way you could do that?

Me too. This is my 2nd and my scan is the 23rd. I was fine last time but this baby was so planned and wanted I'm worried. Also my sil had a mmc last month when she went for her scan it's just ramped up my fear. I too was wanting to take my lo but dh really doesn't want to.

Thank God I am not alone in my madness! I had a scan at 6 weeks and 8 +1 and everything seemed ok on those but it seems so long ago that it almost feels like since then anything could happen! My scan is next tues so only 8 days to go so until then I am going to worry, stress and every other thing under the sun!

I'm not really even considering myself as pregnant until I have a good scan on April 1 at 13.5 weeks. With my last pregnancy, my NT scan showed a baby that had stopped growing long ago, and I had no signs :(

This is my third and I'm terrified , had a few bleeds and past 2 weeks I've not felt pregnant at all , fingers crossed for my scan on Tuesday,

Hi, my scan is on the 24th too and this is also my third baby :wave: we can wait it out together!!
I've had a mmc too so waiting for the scan is always worrying!!

I don't think I will breathe until my scan on Tuesday. I am sooo terrified something will have happened to our twins.

Finally had my 12 week scan today and all was well, it's twins! Very shocked but very excited Xx

Congrats and welcome to the twins club! Did you find out what type you are having?

:) Congrats! Scans are very scary, I wish it was easier. Think it must be really lovely and amazing for those who go in and dont have a bad experience. My first pregnancy I went for an early scan at what I thought was 8 weeks only to be told development was 5 weeks....they tried to make it out that it would be fine but I knew that I was 8 weeks and MC very soon after. Once you have a bad experience its hard to remain positive. Just gotta try keep positive and hope for the best! xx

I am going to be terrified when it comes time for me to have a scan... this is my first ever pregnancy so it is all new to me. It's so magical to think our bodies can do this it is sometimes hard to believe what is happening inside me!

I am also terrified for the scan. Mine is on the 23rd and I'm praying everything is ok. Me and OH would be heartbroken if anything was wrong. I haven't had any real symptoms for weeks now and it's making me doubt things now. Hoping everything goes ok for all of us at our scans xx

I'm really looking forward to my scan on the 31st for reassurance. I have no reason to fear and yet I wont relax a bit till that day

I'm terrified - have my scan in an hour!!! Feel even sicker than usual, ha ha. Sure we'll all be fine (FX!) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->