Anyone Plan to Breastfeed?

Seraphim

Amazing Baby Girl
Reaction score
Hey,

I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts about breastfeeding at this early stage?

(when we get through the pregnancy bit, maybe we'll have this previous knowledge of our aspirations to coach eachother through the highs and lows of it all ;) )

I was a bit ambivilant about it to begin with, mostly because I knew it sometimes doesnt work/happen for people, so I guess I didn't want to get my hopes up. And I know it's a real commitment.

My other concern was hubby being able to feed. But now I've seen the MW and done some reading, it does seem like once you've both got the hang of it, hubby can feed expressed milk later on, and it needn't upset things.

Anyone who's thinking about it should check out the breastfeeding forum on here... there's loads of info, and really helped me get a sense of what to expect. Some times just knowing it's not all plain sailing helps prevent the worry that it's just you getting it 'wrong' ;)

I've been talking to hubby about it (who's a musician) and he says it's ok "I've got earplugs" :rofl:

i want to breastfeed I think i will look at the forum thank you!
x

I'm definatly planning to breast feed! Xx

Yes i plan to breast feed.
I will have a look at the breast feeding forum, as id like to know a bit more.

im definately breast feeding for the first 6 months, will express now and again so hubby can feed too

I want to BF too, I can understand the convenience side of formula, but for me the health benefits and bonding to my LO far outweigh any other consideration. :)

Im so breastfeeding! I absolutely love it, never figured how to express tho and thats after 3 years collective breastfeeding:rofl:

without a doubt i feel all woman should attempt to breast feed, but saying that it is not for everyone. With my first child i managed to give her a few feeds from the breast along with cup feeding. But i became unwell and had to be taking back into hospital the same day i came out i was put into the surgical ward at our local hospital and was told i could have my baby with me but refused to have my new born in a hospital especially with people who had all sorts of illness and possible infections. The cup feedin couldnt last and i gave up and started her on formula.

Hopefully with this wee one i will be well enough to give the whole breast feeding thing a shot! Not only is it best for baby and mum but the cost of formula in Scotland is almost gone up 2 quid since my last baby!! xxx

Planning on it but still buying bottles etc. just incase.

I'm planning to try! But will be expressing so OH can join in with feeding too.

I plan on breast feeding and expressing so OH can feed it too

I am most determined to breastfeed, I was reading through that forum area earlier!

One thing I cannot find answered is .... how long does it actually take? Just roughly, per feed? I know the bubs will only have a small stomach, how long to fill? :rofl:

Marleysgirl, I don't really know - but from what I can gather, it sounds like you have to be prepared to sit with it for hour(s) at a time while you both figure out how to get the hang of it. (Apparently 6 weeks and you should have it sorted)

I'm going to get one of the medela swing electric breast pumps for expressing. I figure if I have any initial probs and have to fill the gap with expressing, its better than formula... although even expressing can be difficult/impossible for some people.

There's a bottle which is meant to be as close to BF as poss, and they're giving away a free one to UK residents: https://www.breastflow.co.uk/

Although the master BF'ers over in that forum suggest sticking it out and staying away from any bottle as much as you can in order to get to a better place quicker. (if possible)

So although I will buy bottles, I'm going to get those ones, because even if it's not til later, hubby will be able to use them for expressed milk (i hope)

I'm hoping to breastfeed. I couldnt with my last one as my boobies were waaaay too sore, but looking back on it, I realise I should have tried to stick it out! I really regret not breastfeeding her. I plan on expressing too so OH can feed the bubba. I'm gonna be getting those bottles that Serephim mentioned as they seem to be good at combatting the nipple confusion issue.

Yes, i'll be breastfeeding. I breastfed my little girl, and loved it, i was a milk machine! :rofl: I used to express and freeze my bm so that when i was too knackered to feed her, dh could do it. I managed to stock up a whole months supply in the freezer!! You can buy sterile bags for your bm which can be kept in the fridge/freezer, so it shouldn't be a problem for daddy/granny/grandad/siblings to help out with the feeding too! Also, another bonus is that you don't have to worry about sterilising all the time! My favourite time feeding my little girl, was at night, i used the feed her lying on my side with her in bed with me, it was lovely.... Ah, getting all nostaglic now!:rofl:

I definitely want to give BF my best shot. I'm also quite interested in expressing so that DH can have feeding time later on as well.

Great thread x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"