Anyone planning a home birth?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
I know it's only early but Iv got my heart set on a home birth! I wanted one with ds2 but couldn't as I haemorrhaged with ds1, needless to say the labour and delivery went perfect.

Had him with just gas and air 3 hours after getting to the hospital!

Now my friend is 11 weeks further on than me and all her appointments are later because the hospital is so busy. It had to close for the full weekend a few times turning people away!

I would much rather do it at home but wouldn't know where to start!

I've been thinking about it but I have no idea how to go about it, either.

I know it's only early but Iv got my heart set on a home birth! I wanted one with ds2 but couldn't as I haemorrhaged with ds1, needless to say the labour and delivery went perfect.

Had him with just gas and air 3 hours after getting to the hospital!

Now my friend is 11 weeks further on than me and all her appointments are later because the hospital is so busy. It had to close for the full weekend a few times turning people away!

I would much rather do it at home but wouldn't know where to start!

Hiya Hun,

Yes I am definitely considering it after a very smooth and swift arrival of my daughter :) How many weeks along are you? When you see your community midwife at you GP surgery, speak to her about it then and if you are 100% certain she will add you to the 'homebirth' list. They will tend to then do all your antenatal appointments at home, and will need to do an 'assessment' to make sure there will be enough space etc, and a place to put a pool if you'd like one at home. If you then decide to go ahead with it, it will generally be one of the team of midwives who cover your area who will deliver you, so chances are you will have seen her before.

You did mention you haemorrhaged with your first though so this may class you as a higher risk...however you didn't with your second so don't know how they'd view it. You have to obviously be low risk to deliver at home, and full term between 37-42 weeks x

Em x

Also, if you're in Liverpool, you could have one to one midwives. They have a great home birth rate. Xx

I am :) I had an unplanned home birth with my second son and it was amazing :) I had planned one with my son but unfortunately during labour the midwife had to call an ambulance as he was distressed ! .... although traumatic that hasn't put me off so I'm hoping to have this little one at home :) xxxxx

Im not "planning" a homebirth, mainly because I cant get anyone to take me on as I had a csection with our first.

That being said, I had an extremely fast labor with baby #2, and if it goes faster this time around, we could have a baby less than an hour after labor starts. So realistically we could be having this baby at home whether we want to or not.

Yes I'm planning my second home birth. I had ds2 at home in the pool. There is a Link to his birth story in my signature. While it didn't go quite as I'd envisioned I still can't wait do to do it again, I just want midwifes this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->