Anyone planning to avoid any birthday months?

SpringCrane

Reaction score
My husband mentioned wanting to avoid having a new baby arrive during his busy time at work so he can be home for a few weeks again. If we do so, we'd try during my cycle March 2015 (for a Christmas baby) and then not again until fall (for a summer 2016 baby). I haven't agreed to the plan yet... anyone else considering something similar?

I'm not trying to avoid any birthdays, necessarily, but I am hoping to have a baby with a birthday in the schoolyear, just because mine is in the summer and I never got to see my school friends for it because they were always busy. But we're not trying very hard for a certain month, right now we're just trying for a baby at all!

Best of luck.

I've always loved my summer birthday! Funny!

Yeah, I think once we start trying for #2, I'm not going to go along with, "Let's not try for a few months to avoid a particular birthday." It probably isn't going to fly ;-)

my bday is december, dd1 jan, hubby and dd2 feb. i'd like a summer baby!

i thought i would like a summer baby, but as were getting married May and going to start TTC straight away i would LOVE a feb/march/april baby! (any month really, just hoping it happens sooner rather than later!)

DD's birthday is in May, DS's birthday is in September, whenever we have #3 I'd like to avoid those months as I don't think I have it in me to celebrate 2 brithday's and plan 2 parties in one month

No, we aren't worried about that. Once we are ready to start trying we will just try till we get pregnant. There's no way in stopping for a few months so that the birth month is more convenient.

We really want a June or July baby. June would be preferable! As a teacher I will have my summers off, so it would be nice not to have to take maternity leave.

I am going to avoid a December/January baby. Outside of that I don't care.

We never thought about it. When I found out I was pregnant my due date turned out to be August 4th - 3 days before my partners birthday. We joked about Thomas being born on his birthday and the little tinker that he is did exactly that. It was wonderful and my partner loves sharing his birthday with Thomas.

I would definitely love another summer baby! I wouldn't like December as it's too close to Christmas. My little cousin's birthday is December 27th her mum says it can be a nightmare.

We are starting late enough to avoid June as we have an annual commitment then but once we start I'm not stopping!!

I'm "avoiding" (read, not really stop TTC, just hope I get pregnant before that) november, december and january because of our harsh winters and my tendancy to get depressed during that time.
And right now I want to avoid conceiving in october, so that leaves me from november to february, crossing fingers!

If I can I'd like to avoid a September-January birthday. The reason being that DS's birthday is in September, my birthday is in October, DF's birthday is in November, I don't want to be due around the holidays, and January gets so cold here that it would be rough to have a newborn out in that at all.

It's interestinrg to read your replies, there were some things mentioned that I never considered about birth months. My OH and I aren't avoiding any particular months, however it has crossed my mind that the winters here are horribly dreary and already affect my mood as is. I worry that being stuck inside, and possibly overwhmed with a newborn as well as a stir-crazy puppy...I might lose my mind!

Im too desperate to avoid months but would prefer to have one that isnt close to Christmas or January- too many birthdays!! I always liked having a summer birthday but Im not fussed really :D I JUST WANT A BABY!!! Lol.

I'm not overly bothered. If I was to plan purely to avoid having a baby born in the same month as other family member's birthdays or anniversaries I'd be limited to June! I would prefer not to have a December/January or July/August baby but that's only because it gets super hectic at that time of year and money is already somewhat depleted. That being said, when it happens, it happens. I'll just be happy!

We are starting late enough to avoid June as we have an annual commitment then but once we start I'm not stopping!!

Youve just made me realise I can count down the months to when LO would be due if we were to conceive right away! We start TTC in May which would mean we would just miss Dec/Jan wooo!

Don't get me wrong, once we start trying we're not stopping, I just really hope that I get pregnant either in the first few cycles or that I can at least miss December and January. The only reason that I'm hoping not to have another fall baby is that all of our birthdays are already in fall and I don't want to bunch all of our birthdays into one season if I can help it. It would also be nice to experience a cooler third trimester, which is why a spring baby would be great. Fall babies are wonderful though, I wouldn't mind in the end if we had another. :D

Wow! I'm really surprised so many people have thought about this! It didn't cross my mind with my first (expect for us waiting to start TTC until a due date would be after I finished my masters). I definitely wouldn't mind a winter baby over a summer baby, as winters are mild here and summer days are often 100F+. My son was a July baby, so I remember the hot final trimester and hot newborn days well...

Yeah, I could see where a summer baby could be just as bad weatherwise as a winter baby would (I live in the Midwestern US so we get all four seasons here with the most bipolar weather possible). A spring or summer baby would actually work out great for us though because if we had a spring baby I could take up to 12 weeks maternity leave and then DF would be home all summer to either help me out or to stay home with the baby while I'm at work. If we had a fall baby then the kids would have to go to daycare sooner than I would want, or I would have to quit my job for a while. Basically a March-June birthday would be the most ideal, but I suppose I'll get pregnant when I'm meant to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->