Anyone planning to avoid any birthday months?

we are actually wtt until december because DF works longs days and weeks at his seasonal job and will be home more starting fall into winter. our DD was born in june and that was extremely difficult for me as he was working 7 days a week from dawn til dusk. he owns a tree service and a tornado hit our area the week our dd was born 3 years ago. this is the main reason it is so important to plan our next one at a time where he can be there. i would however still avoid december due to the holidays.

I planned with DS to avoid Jan-April because I'm a CPA. We started trying for a May due date, which we got. Then DS was born 6.5 weeks early, right in the middle of my company's audit (me being the main accountant). It was a disaster. They just put it on hold until I got back from maternity leave, with a preemie at home, trying to catch up on 12 weeks of HORRIBLE accounting mistakes and wrap up the audit.

The best planning in the world can't prepare you for stuff like that. This baby we just said screw it, waited until 18 months past section, and we'll take whatever due date we get. It's May again, actually...

I'm hoping to avoid December/January just because they're expensive months already! I doubt I'll intentionally avoid though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one giving it this much thought. The main month I want to avoid is December as my birthday is close to Christmas and I have always felt it gets lost in the excitement of the holidays. Aside from that it's selfish things like not wanting to be hugely pregnant and uncomfortable in summer heat or having to buy a bigger winter coat but honestly I know the baby will come when the time is right and that's good enough.

I'm not planning on any month just wait and see what happens and definitely not stopping when we start trying

I am also planning on avoiding a December due date! Don't like birthdays so close to Christmas. Other than that I don't care!

I'm definitely avoiding December! Both DH and DD2 are December birthdays and I don't think I can handle another December celebration!! February onwards would be good. DD1 will have finished a term in reception and DD2 starts nursery Jan '16 so spring '16 works well for us. We'll probably start trying in may.

If we have a 3rd we will likely start trying in July which would give us an April due date if we conceive 1st month; we did the same with DD. If we don't fall pregnant by November we might stop for a month so that we don't have an August baby. I'd prefer to avoid August for school reasons mainly. We'd definitely try to avoid a late December due date as I wouldn't want LO's birthday to get overshadowed by Christmas.

I'm currently debating this, both my hubby and daughter are December babies, so really would like to avoid my third arriving during this time if possible!! My son is July and I'm feb so in an ideal world I'd love a march or april baby! I doubt we will be strict enough to plan for this though!xx

We've been 'told' by my partners family, not to have a june or july baby because our 5 nieces/nephews are born in that month...but i shan't be listening to anyone other than my partners opinion to be quite honest!
Between March and November would be nice and avoiding december and january would be great because they are such expensive months, but i wouldn't actively avoid those months because once we start trying, i wont be stopping, lol!

My daughters birthday is Xmas Eve, so there isn't any time that could be more inconvenient than that! My son in May and it's a lovely time and we're planning on TTC from May when he will be 3, so the 3rd and final will be sometime in Spring/Summer if all goes to plan.

My daughters birthday is fantastic though, and she loves it so much - probably cos we make such a huge fuss for her!

I'm "avoiding" (read, not really stop TTC, just hope I get pregnant before that) november, december and january because of our harsh winters and my tendancy to get depressed during that time.
And right now I want to avoid conceiving in october, so that leaves me from november to february, crossing fingers!

I was thinking the same, to avoid birth November-January. Not just cause of the harsh winter. But also cause of Christmas. And during those months its like theres no other celebration.

My birthdays at the end of January, and I've always felt like people just give me there unwanted Christmas presents as gifts :nope:

I would like a baby born in September/October. They'd be the oldest in their school year. And summer babies miss out on a term of schooling.

Hoping for a September/October/November baby, but time will tell!

I'd like to avoid July and December. July is mine, DD's, and our angel baby's birthdays. December is DS's and Christmas. I would love a spring baby.

I'd probably avoid getting pregnant this month because baby would be born in August and August born children are the youngest in the school year. But....... if it happens it happens, and we'll both still celebrate having a baby (I'm now off the pill so we're just letting things happen if they want to happen! )

I'm not planning on avoiding any months. Once I start TTC, I won't be stopping until I'm pregnant :haha:

Ideally, I'd love to have a fall baby (October or November). DS is a spring baby (April), DD1 is a summer baby (August), and DD2 is a winter baby (December). So I'd like to have a fall baby just to have one in all four season. :winkwink: But I won't be doing anything special to make that happen.

We were hoping for a summer baby this time as our first two are January and February. Our third is due in June.

I'm not planning on avoiding any months. Once I start TTC, I won't be stopping until I'm pregnant :haha:

Ideally, I'd love to have a fall baby (October or November). DS is a spring baby (April), DD1 is a summer baby (August), and DD2 is a winter baby (December). So I'd like to have a fall baby just to have one in all four season. :winkwink: But I won't be doing anything special to make that happen.

That would be so cool if you had a child in each season!! And a good way of spreading out the costs when it comes to birthdays, of course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->