Anyone pregnant after a m/c?

RobenR

Mum to miracle girl & boy
Reaction score
Just two months ago, my husband and I lost our little girl at 18w5d due to a chromosomal abnormality (Turners Syndrome). The odds of it happening again are 1/2500 but that isn't reassuring.

Blessedly we are pregnant again, but now both absolutely terrified we'll have another m/c. Right now, I'm worried I'll have a chemical, or when we go for our first ultrasound that there won't be a heartbeat, or that I'll lose the baby in the first few months.

Am I being overly irrational over the fear of losing another baby? Are these fears normal? Is there anyone who is pregnant after a loss who can shed some light or ease my mind? I don't want to go through another pregnancy scared out my wits (the doctors gave us nothing but bad news through the entire last pregnancy).

I'm still not fully believing that we are pregnant again either...

Advice?

Take it one day at a time and celebrate each day that you have with your new bean. I'm sorry about the last m/c I lost my last early about 2 months ago but i'm pregnant again, and holding on to each day that I get! :hugs:

I too am pregnant after a recent m/c about 6 weeks ago and too am scared out off my wits but like bklove says im taking it one day at a time and am not getting my hopes up until i have had my scan in 4 weeks time.Im trying not to think about me being pregnant and just pass the days at the mo and pray that i make it to the scan :)

Hi i had a missed miscarriage at 14 weeks march 2008. My baby had died at around 11 weeks but i didnt know until i was what i thought was 14 wks. I wasn't given a reason as to why it happened - jjust "one of those things". Im 22wks 1 day pregnant now. Everyday is scary and i still can't believe iam pregnant now. I think everyone worries but obviously when you've had a loss before its hard to enjoy it and your constantly thinking it will happen again.

This will be my first born child so i dont think ill stop worrying until she is actually here and in my arms. I have positive days though where i think well ive made it this far ! As your pregnancy progresses things will get slowly easier and better.Probably more so when you;ve had your check ups and i find great comfort in feeling my baby move. Anyways good luck xxxxxxx

Hey hun. I lost my baby August 2008. The baby died at 6 weeks and we didn't know until 9 weeks when an ultrasound showed no growth or hearbeat. I know how it feels to be scared. It was my first pregnancy and I kept telling myself that maybe I'm not able to have kids.

I am also pregnant again and due in August of this year on the same day as augustbaby09 actually. So far everything has been good. I pray every day for this baby to be safe though. I am still scared that something will happen even though I can feel kicks and movement now.

All I can say is take it one day at a time and try to relax as much as possible. Don't let the fear consume you to the point that you don't enjoy your pregnancy. In my situation, I bought a doppler when I was far enough along to be able to hear it, so I could reassure myself when I felt down. It has been a lifesaver for me. :hugs::hugs:Good luck with everything.

hiya hun , well here iam preg at 10wks+2 after 3 losses :cry: , 1st in 2000 baby died within weeks , 2nd in 2001 a mmc at 6weeks didnt know till 11weeks and 3rd was eptopic in 2005, all i can say is take 1 day at a time , sure ive been a total wreck most of the last 10weeks :dohh: cried loads panicked tons and stressed my fella out lol im sure u will be fine xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh hun :hugs: Yes, i too am pregnant after an early miscarriage in February this year and i am an absolute nervous wreck. I have good days and bad days, today is one of the bad ones.

I don't think anything anyone can say will help you to relax, i think it is just something that us ladies have to go through, and it can be heartbreaking. I feel as though the chance to truly enjoy any pregnancy has been taken from me which feels really unfair, but i try to focus on the amazing fact i am pregnant again so soon.

Really big :hug: to you, i hope you'll have a very healthy and happy 9 months, i hope we all will :hugs:

Isn't it scary how many of us have m/c and repeat m/cs.

I had a mmc at 12 weeks and a m/c at 6 weeks.

I am still a nervous wreck. I have had two reassurance scans, one at 8 weeks and one at 10 weeks, but am still not convinced everything will be ok.
I don't think I will be until baby comes out.

It's just a horrible side effect of having a m/c.
No pregnancy will ever be worry free now.
With my first I had no worries at all. Just took it for granted everything would be ok, and it was.
Was SO shocked with my first m/c, 'didn't think it would happen to me'!!
With the second one, wasn't quite as surprised.
Now I think I will be more surprised if everything is ok, as I am just expecting a m/c now.
(Even though I have had no m/c signs, only strong pg symptoms!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->