Anyone pregnant before their first postpartum period?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Long story short... I just had a baby in August. I went to see my midwife around 4 weeks postpartum for a UTI and I asked if I could get on birth control while I was there since DH and I wanted to be intimate again. She denied it, saying that it was unlikely that I'd ovulate within the 6 weeks postpartum and would give it to me at my postpartum checkup. Well DH had an accident one night shortly after we started DTD again but I remembered what my midwife said so I blew it off at the time.

Yesterday I began having menstrual type cramps and a tiny bit of spotting so I thought AF was coming on. It isn't uncommon for me to spot the day before AF comes therefore I expected to wake up with a full blown period. Well the spotting went away and the cramping has been touch and go all day. Now I'm getting nervous. With my other children, I had a period around 6-7 weeks pp but here I am going to be 6 weeks on Wednesday and I still have yet to have a period. Please no judgements... I'm just looking for some support and wondering if there is anyone else who has become pregnant again before their first postpartum period?

Have you taken a test? Sometime i find if im anxious my periods can be late x

Nobody has any right to judge you. I'd start with a test, then go from there. I've never fallen pregnant that quickly after birth, but to be honest I was too sore at that point anyway. I do think some women are pretty fertile after birth, so it's not unheard of. Big hugs and I'm sure you'll cope just fine whatever the outcome xxxxx

You can get pregnant as soon as you ovulate. I would guess it's not common to O that soon right after birth, so maybe your midwife didn't think it was possible. I know breastfeeding is supposed to provide some protection, have you been?

Girrrl...

I really don't know how common it is. But..before I started my first period I was cramping a little off and on for almost two weeks. I didn't notice any spotting. I'm sure you are fine. If you don't start in two weeks I'd start testing!

Thanks ladies. I'm not EBF but I am BF with formula supplementation, the same as I did with my other two children. Since I haven't had a period and have no idea where at in my cycle I would be, I've been checking my cervix. It is really the only indicator I have to get some idea. The day after we dtd I felt it and it was indeed open but I thought it may have still been slightly open from the birth or postpartum bleeding. However I checked it last night and it was high and tightly closed. I think I will wait another week to test. I will be 7 weeks postpartum by then so AF should definitely show by then if she is going to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->