Anyone pregnant & still breastfeeding?!

jenmcn1

Expecting baby #4:)
Reaction score
So my DH & I are currently TTC baby #4. I'm still nursing my 16 month old. So I'm wondering if any of you other moms have had experience with this?! I nurse my son 3-4 times a day but slowly trying to wean him in the next month or so.
Any advice incase I am pregnant this month? Thank you

I nurse my almost 16 month dd at night , I don't plan to wean any time soon though. Are you looking for advice on weaning? If so, I'd just cut one feeding out every week or two until they are gone. I did that with dd until I was down to nap and bed and then she refused nap feeding and only does bed time feeding. Good luck :)

I don't have any experience but I read it is safe to breastfeed during pregnancy. But you have to eat well, then your unborn baby will not be deprived of nutrients.

I'm still breastfeeding my 18 month old on demand which is often as she is very demanding!! I plan on cutting down and stopping by the end of the year but I've no idea how to stop!! She's very persistant and loves her booboo!!

I'm still breastfeeding and she is very demanding for it, day and night! I've tried to cut her down slightly but it's not worked much. It's quite uncomfortable as I have sore nipples. I think I will probably be tandem feeding when baby arrives!

I'm still breastfeeding my 2yo before bed. I really don't think there's anything in there now though... it seems to have dried up in the last few weeks. My nipples are also very sore. She seems to be losing interest though! She laughs when I say the bubba stole all the milk! x

I have always planned on doing child led weaning. My son is now 4, breastfeeding about 2-4 times a day (though I have little milk by now) and I am 11 weeks pregnant.
My nipples are super sore but aside from that I feel there is no added strain. I am trying to keep him from nursing at night but if he is not sleeping well it can help me get my sleep so I still do that sometimes.
I went through a fairly symptom free first trimester. Idk if the breastfeeding helped but with my son I was miserable and looked miserable :lol:.
I am usually someone who loses weight when I don't stuff my face to the point of vomiting but surprisingly in pregnancy my weight goes up slowly and steady. It is nice because I can eat like a normal person when I'm actually hungry.:shrug:
I eat a nutrient dense diet. I avoid empty calorie foods like bread, pasta, rice, potato. Started doing this for health reasons. I once had many chronic health issues, but I think it really helps getting a lot of nutrients in pregnancy. I eat a diet high in saturated fat which has always helped me keep my milk supply up.

I'm still bfeeding my little girl at 21 months but only her bedtime feed as that's all she wants now. I was told supply might change halfway through and it might not taste the same for the child but we'll see :) xx

Thanks everyone:) yes I eat a very clean nutrient dense diet already. No processed food or sugars for this mama! I was just wanting to make sure that nursing wouldn't alter my hormones to carry a pregnancy. If that makes sense?

Sometimes it can affect your cycle, luteal phase and such, but I've gotten pregnant twice while nursing and not had any problems with it. If you don't have a problem with your cycle length, particularly your lp, I'd say you're probably fine !!!

Thanks everyone:) yes I eat a very clean nutrient dense diet already. No processed food or sugars for this mama! I was just wanting to make sure that nursing wouldn't alter my hormones to carry a pregnancy. If that makes sense?

Breastfeeding does not affect your hormones. It was a common misconception that the suckling could stimulate uterine contractions which was found to be untrue. It only does so at the end of pregnancy, when you are supposed to go in labor. Prior to that your body does not have the needed receptors.
There were all kinds of other myths that I don't remember right now but I think this article describes it well: https://kellymom.com/tandem-faq/01safety/
I'm a la leche league member and they have lots of experience with breastfeeding pregnant mothers and they do have healthy pregnancies.
My cycle was unaffected by breastfeeding btw. Once my period was back I was as regular and fertile as ever. Conceived angel baby and rainbow baby right away.
Sadly many doctors still advise you to stop nursing in pregnancy. Mine did too.

I'm still nursing my almost 1 year old. She is only nursing at night as she prefers food food during the day. The only thing I've noticed and that my Dr said to watch out for is that I might experience more fatigue than if I wasn't nursing. And I really do! I try to take a nap when I get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->