Anyone really want another baby but dreading pregnancy?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
We are getting very close to TTC our second, and I can't wait to have another child... But I admit it, I hated being pregnant.

I hated the awful sickness that plagued me until 16 weeks and forced me to take time off work as I threw up over 10 times a day (not practical working with vulnerable children!), I hated the smell of everything, I didn't feel myself, I got very very fat and it's taken me so long to lose weight and feel comfortable again, I felt scared all the time that something would go wrong... Endless reasons really. And I know it sounds so ungrateful as so many women are longing to be pregnant, but to be honest I'm dreading it. I keep thinking of postponing TTC, but I want a sibling for our son asap, I know really it's the pregnancy or especially the terrible sickness which I'm putting off.

Is anyone in the same boat?

I had a similar experience to you with my 1st pregnancy. I was really sick until 16 weeks and then every few weeks until I gave birth, I got SPD really bad, swelled up and put on loads of weight and hated every minute of being pregnant. I had a horrible labour and birth, resulting in a 3rd degree tear and i struggled emotionally after my son was born.

Second time round my pregnancy was the complete opposite. I had no sickness, my SPD was no where near as bad, I didn't swell at all and I'm back in my pre pregnancy jeans 4 weeks after giving birth. My labour still ended in a 3rd degree tear but I feel great and everything is much better this time round.

Sorry, not sure if that helps but just wanted to show how different pregnancies can be as I had the same concerns as you before we started trying for our second.

Hope everything goes better for you and have a lovely wedding day! :flower:

I know the feeling. I'm scared about a lot of things though- the birth, caring for a newborn again ect. It's strange because I'm ten times more scared this time round when I've been through it all before! I was quite lucky with my pregnancy and had quite a good baby but I'm worried this time round things will be the complete opposite. I'm also so much more aware that things can go wrong and I'm frightened by miscarriage ect. But I am also longing for my son to have a sibling (or 2) and can't wait to start TTC. Hopefully you'll be lucky and have a smoother pregnancy next time round, if not I suppose you know how to prepare and cope, and know it won't last forever :flower: X

Yep. Me!!! Difficult pregnancy, harder birth and difficult baby (n still is as a toddler)
I just try and remind myself that no two pregnancies or births are the same and really hope its not as bad this time as I will be running round after ds :dohh:
Will be worth it for a sibling for ds though :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->