Anyone refused the downs test

Hmmm difficult one. My Aunt has Downs syndrome and she has just

celebrated her 50th birthday (old for DS) my granny spent her whole life

looking afer her as she needed 24 hour care due to developing blindness and

being unable to talk, feed herself or toilet. we love her dearly but you must

be aware of the level of commitment involved. Some cases are more disabling

than others. In our case it is very severe. i will be having the tests.

I am refusing the test. My doctor told me it frequently causes false positives which require further, more invasive testing for confirmation. I love my baby regardless, so for me it just isn't worth it.

i didnt have it with Jesse and always said i wouldnt, ive changed my mind this time though for the simple fact the midwife told me i wont get a 12 weeks scan if they can date my pregnancy at the 7week one next week, only way ill geta 12 weeks scan is if i have the test and it saves me £100 from going private,im really not bothered though just wanna see my baby at 12 weeks that all! xx

I will be testing this time around. When I had my son I was 32 and healthy. While I am still healthy I am now 35, and I have my son to consider. I don't know that I could bring a child in to the world that eventually couldn't take care of themselves. It really scares the shit out of me to be honest, both the test and the consequences.

I will be testing this time around. When I had my son I was 32 and healthy. While I am still healthy I am now 35, and I have my son to consider. I don't know that I could bring a child in to the world that eventually couldn't take care of themselves. It really scares the shit out of me to be honest, both the test and the consequences.

I am 35 as well, and while I'm not going to have the test done, I fully agree that it is nerve wracking to consider what could go wrong.

I am 36 but I still got no pressure from my midwife to have the tests at all, she said the chances are still good that all will be fine.

I am just aiming for the 12 week mark at the moment to be honest :wacko:

I chose not to test as it wouldn't affect my choices if Olivia was a high risk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"