Anyone starting IVF cycle in April/May?

YearningHeart

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have started my IVF cycle and was wondering if anyone has started IVF cycle or is going to start soon? Its nice to share the stories and experiences.

xx

Hi I havent started yet but should have my first ivf appointment in the next 4 week's, are you in theuk?

Oh thats great. Good luck with your appointment. Yeah I am in the UK. Let me know how your appointment goes. By the way is you first round of IVF free?

My first one is free but will have to pay for anymore afterwards,hoping there wont be anymore needed!
How many funded cycles do you have? Have you started yet?

Hi ladies, I have my first appointment at the IVF clinic tomorrow so will hopefully know more after that but hope to be cycling soon.

Good lick lizzie, let us know how it goes, I cant wait to start! Is it your first ivf cycle?

Hi yes it's our first cycle. DH has a child from a previous marriage so we have to self fund. It's taken us 8 years to get to the point where we have tried everything else, saved the money and I've quit smoking and lost the weight I needed to. I'm trying not to go into self sabotage mode at the moment which sounds crazy I know! I'm excited and terrified after so long thinking about getting to this point in equal measure lol. Will let you know how we get on today;)

lizzie78 - Hi, how did your appointment go? Hope it went good. I hope it works out for you. Aww it is exciting indeed!

Star25 - Yeah I hope this IVF cycle works out for you and you do nott need another, wishing you the best. I have 3 IVF cycles funded, this one is my 2nd one and I am praying it works.
I have started my IVF, I was on long protocol which means I was on pills for like a month. Well actually I have been on 2 types of pills for like 7 weeks. I have my first scan on Friday and from Friday I will start my stims hopefully. Im very excited and nervous at the same time.

xx

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well. Hope u don't mind me jumping in! I started my stims yesterday for my 3rd cycle of IVF with ICSI. So far so good, just feeling quite nauseous this time and have a bit of a headache.
Good luck to everyone! Xo

Hi Ladies,

I think I'm going to just have to stalk you as I'm not going to be starting just yet.

Appointment was good I think. Our issue is MFI after vasectomy reversal so the consultant confirmed that ICSI is our only way ahead. She seemed quite positive and said that there is no reason why we shouldn't have the same chance of success as everyone else and estimated 40-50% chance. So now I have to wait a little bit more as I'm going to be on Long Protocol. My cycles are around 36 days so I won't be getting my baseline scan until around the end of may and will finally start DR 21 days later. So I'm on the final straight now, think I'll feel better once I start my next cycle and can actually start doing something that will make a difference :happydance:

Yearningheart - good luck for tomorrow

Star25 - maybe we will still end up cycling together

Twinklemama - hope the nausea is not too bad and will keep my fingers crossed that this is your cycle

Hi everyone,

I did my first stims injection yesterday which wasn't as bad as i thought, i didn't think i would be able to inject myself but hubby left me in peace & i just sat & did it. I was very pleased with myself i just hope i can keep doing it with no problems.
This is our first IVF cycle so we are not getting too excited just yet incase it doesn't work, i know that might sound defeatest but it's the only way i think we will be able to cope.

Fingers crossed for everyone else :thumbup::thumbup:

hi all

yearningheart - good luck this cycle , how did you find the whole process the first time? for some reason I think its going to be easier than I'm expecting but I'm probably In for a shock, just hope it works for us all
I have long cycles 35-75 days and DH is ok its just not happening for us

Lizzie - yes we could be starting together, that would be exciting, I can't wait for ym first appointment, sounds like yours went well, wishing you lots of luck

Twinkle - hope all goes well for you, keep us updated on your progress, wishing you lots of luck

emz - good luck, you don't sound defeatist, I keep worrying about how I will cope if this doesn't work as I think I'm pinning too many hopes on it, so exciting but scary at the same time!

twinklemama - :hi: Hi and welcome! Oh thats great you started stims, we will be at similar times then :happydance: I start my stims tomorrow (Hopefully). Is it one injection you taking daily or two if you dont mind me asking? Hope the nausea goes away, those thing can be a real bugger.

lizzie78 - :happydance: Thats brilliant! Trust me I am telling me, the long protocol seems forever but somehow time just flies. I can not believe I have had like 7 weeks of pills, seriously time went super fast. Happy to hear the appointment went well and looking for updates from you after.

emz1200 - Hi and welcome!! Wow you did the injection yourself?! :thumbup: Excellent, you brave lady!
I cant imagine doing it myself, my husband does it for me. I do agree with you in terms of not getting hopes up. This is my 2nd round of IVF and though I am so excited I keep saying to myself not to get hopes up. Bigger the hope, bigger the sadness but I hope it doesnt come to that for anyone of us.

Star - Hi, Yeah I really do hope we all get a BFP and party :happydance:
Well my first IVF did pass very quick, it was an exciting journey but at the same time an emotional one too. I found the meds a lot to take in because normally I dont have any medications unless an absolute need so that was a tough. My body did not react too good with some meds so i was in hospitial few times, those days sucked! It was horrible but to know that maybe I can have a baby kept me going and that all died when I found out my IVF failed. Iv moved on past those days of tears and ready and confident for the second round. You just have to be strong and always positive no matter comes your way. (I know super easy to say) I am wishing this IVF cycle works for you.

Thankyou yearningheart, I always try and stay positive and hopeful and love reading success stories on here to help that
I hope this will be a lucky thread for us all :)

Hi all. Mind if I join? I'm supposed to start IVF in May, but right now I'm so confused! It starts to make sense at some point, right?

Hi Mowat,

Welcome :flower: I'm unlikely to be able to help much on the confusion front since this will be my first cycle. It might help one of the more knowledgeable ladies though if you could say whether there is anything in particular that you are confused about or is it just that you are finding the whole thing a bit overwhelming? :hugs:

Yearningheart - thank you, I'm sure you are right :winkwink: I'll be following you all and picking up tips.

In the meantime I have got back in touch with a fertility acupuncturist that I used to see and am arranging to set up some appointments which will at least make me feel like I'm doing something practical.

Hi mowat, I'm hoping to start in may too, or at least have my first appointment, what is it your confused about, the whole process in general? It's definitely going to be a confusing time but there are lots of knowledgeable ladies on here who an help ;) not saying thats me atthr moment as ive been reading as much as I can but it's all so new and bigger compared to my simple clomid cycles!

Thanks for the welcome guys! I guess I'm just confused because I'm a 2 hour flight away from my clinic so everything is coming by mail, or, rarely, I talk to them on the phone. I got a package with prescriptions and, to confuse me more, they sent one that had someone else's name on it! Imagine!

I guess I'm most confused about when I need to be down at my clinic. Because I need to find somewhere to stay I'm finding this very stressful.

Star - Yeah hopefully it is a lucky tread for us! :) Is there any updates on your appointment? Looking forward for you to start!

Mowat - :hi: Welcome!!! How are you? Oh no they had someone elses name on your prescription??!!! Did you tell them that, make sure you do. Yeah I guess it does not help to fly for 2 hours to get to the clinic, is there no clinic closer just out of curiosity?
My advice for you would be to speak to them and tell them your situation and you need to know roughly how often you may need to go in. To be honest sometimes its not known because it all depends on how your body reacts to the meds nevertheless do have a word with them. As for the IVF process, dont worry it does seem confusing, when I did my first IVF, everything I was reading was so confusing I think that is because everyone's treatment varies slightly. Only when I was actually doing the IVF it made sense. So dont worry it will all make sense. It is said that when you experience something you understand it better. I hope you can find a solution to your problem. Keep us posted.

Lizzie - Ohh thats good good! I know what you mean, when you do something even a little it feels like something is better done. I have heard that acupuncture is good. I myself did do it, but let us know when you have your appointment

Oh I forgot a little update -
Ok so yesterday was my first scan after 7 weeks of 2 kinds of pills. Everything was fine :) so I started the stims last night. It was a horrible injection, it didnt feel anything when put it but then when the liquid was pushed.. ouch that hurt. I am dreading todays injection :nope: I have a scan on Wednesday to see how everything is.

All the other ladies who have started the stims, how are you finding it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->