Anyone starting to set up the process of EGG SHARING? If so come join me 8 BFP's

scerena

Cautiously Expecting #1
Reaction score
:hi: ladies...

I am currently in the process of setting up egg sharing. I have been ttc for years- tried clomid, had a lap/ovarian drilling and hysteroscopy done in jan' 12. Now I am on my final round of injectables in my tww, egg sharing is my last option.

I have always wanted to egg share since my mums neighbour did (she has twin girls) and she said it was the nicest most precious gift she could ever give to someone and to me that is exactly how I feel- there is nothing more precious that a lady could give to another lady...

My clinic's policy is two HIV tests 3 months apart so this is my only hold up- wish I knew this before as I would be doing egg share much sooner if I knew... Anyhow the next HIV test will be at the end of Jan 2013- they are going to find me a match in the meantime so hopefully we can get started ASAP!

I am hoping to find some ladies who are just beginning the process aswell to share my journey with :flower:

kazza- :bfp::happydance:
wann- :bfp::happydance:
betty- :bfp: :happydance:
plex
4magpies- :bfp: :happydance:
scerena- :bfp::happydance:
misszoie- :bfp::happydance:
lamara
Nlk- :bfp: :happydance:
charlie- :bfp::happydance:

Hi

Looks like we could be cycling together!

I'm just waiting for my cystic fibrosis result and chromosome checks, then we will be matched up and then we will start in jan/feb time!

:hi: kazzab25 :)
Oooooh really would be great if we do end up cycling together :happydance:

Did you have to do 2 HIV tests? That's what my hold up is...

I went to counselling and it went really well- she kept saying I've been on quite a journey and it made me realise that I have!!

I go back on the 14th nov to hand in all the signed forms and get the rest of the tests done...

I'm still hopeful to be one of them ladies who get pregnant just before Ivf!!

So have you been to many appointments etc??

Hiya

No we only needed one HIV test, did you have wait long for your other blood results?

This is our first egg sharing ivf the others were NHS funded full cycles but at a different clinic. We had one tree hr appt, for scan, bloods, oh sample and meet with dr to discuss history. Once the lat bloods are in we will be matched and get going!

My clinic is so annoying they need 2 which have to be three months apart :grr: that's my whole hold up otherwise we would be starting sooner!

My amh come back in 5 days and the cmv or something not sure how long that took I done it a while ago...
Have you done your amh??

Sounds like you will be starting maybe even December? I heard they match you real quick :) hopefully I won't be too far behind you :)

I'm nt Eligable for nhs funding :( was there reasons why they were unsuccessful or was it just one of them things???
So you're all prepared for Ivf then :) you know the whole process etc :)
Ill be pestering you for info :haha:

NHS funding system is so unfair!!

You can pester as much as you like, I'm always happy to help, just be prepared for lots of scans and blood tests throughout especially with pcos as us pcos ladies are more susceptible to OHSS.

My first amh came in at 45 which is high that was a year ago , this one was 18 came back in a few days.

Know one has a reason for our failed cycles at the moment!

Two HIV tests, I've nt heard that before!!

Thank you :) I am on my last inject cycle with loads of scans but I prepared for them to be more on Ivf oh and the bloods I never had to have blood tests so that will all be new to me :)

The the two HIV tests were policy at a couple of clinics I phoned but I hear mainly of one! Sucks my clinic has to be two :grr:

WOW 48 is HIGH! I don't know my number until my appointment all I know is its fine to egg share! How come AMH fluctuates soooo much???

Now you are doing egg share hopefully you will be given your precious bundle of joy- good things happen to good people and what you're doing is an amazing thing for another lady :hugs:
I really hope this is your last ever Ivf cycle!

Hoping your match will turn up real quick for you so you can get started :hugs:

Thanks Hun, I hope this is the one for you too! I take a lot of pleasure knowing I will be helping someone else too!

Not ure why the amh fluctuates so much, apparently 18 is normal

Yh my clinic said anything over 15 so it's good you are still normal :)

I had my counselling appointment yesterday and it went really well :) I now have an appointment on the 14th to hand in the pack I was given an set it all up...
God there are soooo many consent forms aren't there lol!!

Hope you're doing fine Hun?

I've not looked at the millions of consent forms! I'm going to tackle that at the weekend!

We had our counselling too and it really made us think of things from a different angle! Weird but good as I've never had counselling !

One week down out of 3 to 6 for the cystic fibrosis results!!!

Yh I'm going to try and do mine over the weekend too! There's sooooo much to sign :dohh:

I hope the tests come back real quickly on 3 weeks for you :hugs:

I think I had cmv- not sure what it was? Have you had that one???
Ill get the rest of my bloods done after my appointment next week...

Counselling is amazing isn't it :hugs: :hugs: a good chance to open up with everything and let your emotions out :)

So do you have anymore appointments coming up???

Are you on any meds to help you o in the meantime???

I'll dig the paperwork out for that one, I'm not sure there is a massive list of what they screen you for, I'll find it and pop it on over the weekend.

Counselling was good! Never thought I'd say that!!

No more appts until all bloods are back I think! You?

I'm on metformin, meant to help with egg quality amonst other things for pcos sufferers acne excess hair and weight, only done a week so far though!

That's okay then a little break from appointments :)

I hand in my consent forms on weds then not sure if I have anymore appointments after that...

I know it is weird that we feel counselling is good! But it does show that we are ready for egg sharing :)

I was going to ask my fs for metformin next week as I won't be on injections anymore- I hope he gives it to me! How are you finding the side effects??

For me I have had slight nausea but nothing too bad the worst side affect for me is the gas! It's horrendous!! Today is the first day that I felt its eased off!! Hope it lasts! Ive heard lots of good things about metformin so I'm sticking with it!

Let me know how your appt goes

I can't wait to get going now!

hi ladies do you mind if i join you?
iv just started my second round of egg sharing but with a new clinic so i had to have all my bloods again and sounds like im just ahead of you.
a little about me im 26 and have 2 children from a previous relationship
been ttc with my dh now for 3 years sinse he had a vasectomy reversal that left him with a low sperm count.
i did an egg share cycle back in july which was a total nightmare due to my old clinic! my amh is only 13.59 lower than what is usually acceptable to egg share but they accepted me anyway, to cut the story short i only had 7 eggs 4 for my recipient and 3 for myself only one good enough for transfer i got my bfp but then sadly misscaried!
my new clinic are fab and suggested i give all my eggs away first cycle then they will give me one cycle to myself to give myself and the recipient the best possible chance! so im currently on bcp start injecting on decenber 23rd and egg collection around 21st january! unless i respond better this time and get a tidy number of eggs then i can go ahead and share then!!
only problem we are having now is dh latest sa showed no motile sperm :( so he now has to have another in a few weeks to see if theres any change!!
hope you are well ladies :flower:

:hi: af arrive tonight 3 days early :shrug: so I'm officially not ttc anymore as having no meds etc now...
So egg sharing is the only option left literally now :(

kazza I will definitely keep you updated with how it all goes Wednesday :)

I am so glad that the metformin is starting to ease up on the side effects and glad you're sticking with it- I have herd good things also about met :)
I want to ask for some but are the bowel movements real bad like try said- just don't want to get them at work :haha:

g3mz :hi: welcome to the thread :) so how did you find the first egg sharing cycle???
Sorry about your loss :hugs: :hugs:
Your new clinic sounds like they have a very good plan for you :)
Sorry about your oh's sample I hope this next one has motile sperm :hugs:

Hiya!

G3mz welcome! Sorry for your loss everything crossed ths time for you! Hopedh sample is better next time!

Scerena how are you, my af showed yesterday too! Egg sharing for us! If we get bfp and the other lady it's a win win!

I'm still waiting on bloods and my gp response I need to chase them up tomorrow!

Kazza :hi: hun :hugs:

So sorry af showed :hugs: horrible when you know its only egg sharing right?! I was so annoyed once mine showed, but it was the first time I didnt cry!

I had my appointment to day to hand in al our consent forms... All went well :)
My amh level has to be above 15- mine was 35.05 (pmol/l) he said this was optimal fertility :) he recons I will produce loads of egges- probably too many so they are definately going to monitor me closely...

I asked what if I dont produce enough and he said I will- but just say I didnt then I get to carry on with the cycle and keep the eggs for myself at no extra cost :) I just hope everything goes smoothly so I produce enough eggs for the other lady also!

But yes, I have to have the rest of my bloods done in the meantime, they are going to also match me in the meantime...
When the hiv is done at the end of jan we can get started as he said they get the results real quick so hopefully around feb time maybe march at the very latest...

SORRY FOR THE ESSAY :haha:

Yes I would definately chase up your results hun! Is that all thats holding you up???
I think theyre sorting my gp side of things as I saw that on the form and he took them...

How are you feeling about everything???

Hey Hun how you doing? Thats great that they are going to start matching! I hate all the waiting around!! But on the up side, all bloods are back fine, I've just got to sort my oh bloods this week then start matching us in a couple of weeks hopefully! I'm hopeful we will get going end of dec or beginning of jan time! I hope! Still got o sort the blasted consent forms!!

That's great that you can also continue with re ivf if u don't produce many eggs ! With your amh I'm sure you will be fine!!

:hi: Hun :)
Me and oh might put off the egg sharing until later in the year as we have had massive improvement in his SA's-
0.5mil/ 28mil/ 15mil/ 34mil/ 41mil and now 71million :happydance:

We haven't tried naturally since my ovarian drilling so we want to give it a shot :)
My fs wouldn't prescribe me metformin so I'm going to ask the doc as it helps with pcos...

U am still going to do all the remaining tests so when we are ready we can get going right away! I despetately want a baby but me and oh think it's worth a shot trying naturally for a few more months as I haven't tried without meds since my op....

God the consen forms were a pain in the a*se!!! But they will help you do the parts you are not sure of :)

Brilliant news all your bloods came back fine :) And you can get going real soon :)

I'm still going to be on the thread and can't wait to follow your journey and I will still be updating with all the info we go through etc :)
It's great to be talking to someone who is going through the same process :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->