anyone still cosleeping and bfeeding 12 months plus?

honey915

mum to 2 little boys
Reaction score
Says it all in the title! But my almost one yo is now really unsettled again and wakes every hour to half hour. Im workng 12 hr shifts too and its killing me. Need to get him into his cot but wont let him cry it out. What worked for you that have manage to continue the odd feed whilst not feeding all night?

I have done twice now. They were like chalk and cheese! My eldest sounds like yours. Sometimes it felt like she was latched all night. My youngest who is still in with us sleeps through. I haven't done anything differently, it was just their personalities I think.

It sounds like your LO might be reverse cycling. Does he have much milk in the day?

I'm not terribly useful, as my eldest only went to her own bed when she was 2. Hope someone comes along with better advice for you, and that you get some decent sleep soon.

I used pu pd after bath and bf...takes between 1hr to 15mins...no crying (most night)
Then, when he wakes before 1am patting & shushing usually gets him back to sleep but after that, he co sleeps with us and breastfeeds...alot...so i feel where you are coming from!
I want to start pu pd all through the night, since we have had what for us is success at the start of bedtime-that being him falling alseep on his own. The reason i am still co sleeping s because, honestly i still enjoy it and 2. I know i will need the support of dh for a few nights because i know LO will struggle with just breastfeeding then going back in his cot (right next to our bed) to fall asleep by himself. But we will try it, i just dont want to start if i onow we wont see it through, like that first night of pu pd...he cried for 2 hours pretty much and it was so difficult even though i was right there with him, hands on him and all but i figured i couldnt stop as then it woud have been for nothing!

Anyway i am babbling ( sat here in the dark whilst lo wriggles around his cot trying to get comfy before falling asleep!) but this is what is working for us...hope this helps :)

I was still co-sleeping with LO at that stage. LO went into a toddler bed in our room at around 18 months old but still fed a couple of times in the night. A few weeks after she turned 2 I night weaned her using Dr Jay Gordon's method. It was incredibly easy so I think it would have worked when she was younger too, although I'm not sure about a 12 month old. Maybe worth a try though as it is pretty gentle and you can use it once they turn a year old I think, if you want to night wean anyway. After about a week of not feeding her at night (well, between 11.30pm and 6,30am), LO started sleeping through. Once that was the norm, I started feeding her on the odd occasion that she does wake e.g after a nightmare and it hasn't made things regress.

PS tacey what is reverse cycling??

It's when the baby feeds more often at night than during the day. It can happen if they're away from you, or if they're too distracted in the day then make up for it at night.

Thankyou all for your replies :) rachel could you pls explain that method. I've never heard of it xx

Honey, I'd never heard of it either.

https://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

My DD is 19months and still sleeps in our bed and feeds when I come home, in evening, to sleep and once or twice per night. I am planning on using Dr Gordons method.

My daughter has never slept through. We still bed share from about 11pm when she wakes for a feed. I think she's reverse cycling but also teething. I'm just gonna ride it out and wait for the day she sleeps through. I hope you find a solution but you're certainly not alone x

I'm still breastfeeding and bed sharing with my 21 month old, he still wakes during the night

Last night we tried cry it out. Awful! Two hours then he went quiet so luckily i checked on him. He had vomitted and it had gone down the wrong way. Thank god i got there when i did. Everyone keeps telling me ive done the wrong thing cosleeping. Eveb my mum who is always very supportive. I am going to use dr gordons method. Ive moved his cot into his bedroom and a matress onto the floor next to it. I will also usr a teddy as a comforter each time we feed to get him to build a sleep association with that. I will keep you all ppsted.

Wow, that sounds so scary! I'm glad you went in when you did! Good luck!

I'm still bedsharing and breastfeeding my 19 month old :)

Id love to continue but oh misses me in bed! Iykwim! So tonight will be the first night we try dr gordons method for weaning off nightime feeds. I will moss it but it has to end some day and itll be nice to be able to sleep more comfortably! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->