Anyone still exercising??

DSM

Reaction score
Hello,

So I started doing a circuit training class & doing x2 jogs a week about a month ago, My GP said to stop doing the circuit training but jogging is ok for as long as I feel I can.

I jog 2miles on a fri eve with a friend & I do 4miles on a sunday on my own usually with my x2 dogs.

Is anyone else carrying on their training routine for now???

As long as I don't have m/s I still do my aerobics class. As long as I don't over do it everyone is happy.

I do housework when I'm up for it, and chase after my LO. bahah maybe when I'm feeling better I'll go for walks more.

I do zumba, aqua zumba and swimming. We are actually going to a zumba party sunday night...they are collecting donated school supplies.

I do two classes of body balance and one of aquafit each week.

It's not a exercise routine but I still cycle everywhere and plan to until I can't manage it any more. I'm also going to take up swimming

I do zumba, aqua zumba and swimming. We are actually going to a zumba party sunday night...they are collecting donated school supplies.

Zumba is so great. I've done it for a while and when I found out I was pregnant, I youtube'd zumba pregnancy, and there are all these vids of ladies who are 30+wks zumba'ing and looking fabulous.

I personally think it is SO good to keep active throughout (as long as you can, and obviously it's hard if you have MS). But so long as you don't push yourself too hard...

My pregnancy fitness routine is a long, slow jog with hubby on the weekend, zumba mid-week and then lots of walking on other days :happydance:

Oh how I miss exercising! I was a bit of a fitness freak before my bfp and exercised throughout my previous pregnancies. But as my last one ended as a loss due to pre-term labour I've been told not to this time round. It's now been almost 2 months and I feel so fat!

I'm still keeping fit.
I was training for a half marathon but knocked that on the head, I'm just doing 2-3 miles jogs now and not pushing myself.
I'm also still going to kettlebells and spin class once a week.
I just want to be as fit and healthy as possible for my pregnancy for me and baby. It can only be good especially for labour, so long as I don't push myself.
:)

I do 3 classes a week and have continued through the nausea stage. Actually feel so much better when I have been. Spoke to my aerobics teacher today and she was really helpful and supportive.

Oh how I miss exercising! I was a bit of a fitness freak before my bfp and exercised throughout my previous pregnancies. But as my last one ended as a loss due to pre-term labour I've been told not to this time round. It's now been almost 2 months and I feel so fat!

So sorry for your loss. Do they think exercise contributed to this?

So sorry for your loss. Do they think exercise contributed to this?

Oh no they don't. The tests at the time came back inconclusive but they couldn't rule out an incompetent cervix. Which basically means my cervix could be weak and my start shortening a lot earlier than it should. For that reason I've been advised to abstain from a lot a stuff until they can monitor my cervix. So no sex, swimming, exercising or anything like that.

Wow!!! Thanks you all for your replies!!

It's a great to see lots of people still doing exercise, I did stop exercise with my first (apart from walking my dogs 1hr everyday) because my OH got it into my head it might not be good when I was so sick (I had severe hyperemesis) But this time (Fingers Crossed!!!) I'm not being sick yet so really want to carry on.

It took a long time after my first to get my fitness back too, so I am hoping if I can keep fit I'll have a healthier pregnancy & post pregnancy this time :happydance:

Best of luck to you all , happy & healthy 9 months:dust:

I thought it would be healthier to continue this time too. I had heavy bleeding at nine weeks last time and they told me to rest. At the 12 week scan the could still see the small bleed internally (SCH) so I didn't start up again. However, I did continue working and was on my feet almost all day, every day so I didn't feel like I wasn't getting any exercise. Took a while to regain fitness and pre-pregnancy weight. I'm basically the same weight now as I was in the first trimester of my last pregnancy so not too bad really.

I am taking it easy until my 8 week scan next week. I did a 8km walk at 5 weeks and had a small bleed. That was enough to scare me.

I was training for the gnr but had to stop running not long after I got my bfp. Kept feeling really sick and dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out. Still walk 3-4 miles each day to train station and back and will start swimming again soon

I did stop running when pregnant because I was afraid my running caused my chemicals, but I'm still walking 4 miles everyday.

I'm just about 11 weeks along and have been continuing to jog, albeit MUCH slower than I normally would, and often for shorter distances. But I've been a long distance runner for over a decade (marathons, trails/off-road, etc) and everything I've read basically says to just take it down a notch on the pace/distances/number of days per week - in fact, if I stopped altogether, that would be MORE unhealthy for my body.

The reality is that it depends on how I feel each day. MS sucks!!! Some days, like this morning, I felt OK when I woke up. When that happens, I eat something small (a piece of toast or half a clif bar or muesli bar) and wait 30-45 minutes or so. I change into my running clothes as soon as I can because once changed I can't NOT go! I then start walking for 5-10 minutes - if I feel good like this morning, I then start jogging and usually end up with 5.5-8K (3.5-5 miles) in total... SLOOOOOW though. If I feel like s**T I still force myself to walk 3-4 miles. And I always carry water with electrolytes in it with me, I need to drink a lot more than usual for that distance these days or I get dehydrated quickly.

Once per week I go out with my husband for a long, slow run - last weekend we did 20K, this weekend about 12K. Lots of water stops and slow shuffling for me, but I really enjoy being outside.

Honestly, even though I get tired and go to bed at like 8-9 these days, I feel so awesome after jogging or walking in the mornings. It usually holds off MS until at least the late afternoon or early evening, meaning I can get errands or work done in between. Well, most days. Some days are still 100% crap. Only a few more weeks and HOPEFULLY this nonsense will be over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"