Anyone still getting 'pregnancy brain'?

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
I seem to be getting it more with this one than I did with DD.

It's not every day, but I definitely have good days and bad days. There are days I've forgotten to write daycare a check (we usually pay on Fridays - not due until Monday, so we're still good!). When I drop it off, I usually stick it in the bag until I leave. The one day I just completely forgot it was in there. Fortunately they found it (I since have started dropping it in the slot immediately).

I apparently shorted them a dollar either last week or the week before. I had no idea until they mentioned it today when it was obvious I was having issues this morning. (they're entertained by my issues lol)

I was writing the check this morning and had no idea what the date was. For some reason I thought it was May. May 20th. So I started to write that on the check until I really thought about it.

Today I met with DH by his interview so that I could watch the work phones for him and take messages. I grocery shopped in the meantime. After he was done, he put his interview clothes back in my car. I got home and unloaded the groceries.

I meant to go back out and get the clothes, but I forgot. DH and I got home from picking up DD and opened the garage door. There my car was, back door wide open all afternoon. Which reminds me I forgot to see if it'll start.... not sure if the light being on for hours killed the battery...

So... yeah. Anyone else? Or is everyone pretty much passed that now?

I have it really bad -_- I'm starting to get on my own nerves lol.

Mine is bad as well. For some reason nearly the whole month of May I thought it was April. :dohh: Now I just forget everything it's a little embarrassing sometimes.:haha:

I had 2 days study leave this week...I was meant to put a rub on some chicken thighs for our dinner on Thursday and completely forgot until DH called to ask if the chicken was on!!

I get up to do something at work and end up weeing, getting a drink, having a chat...ALL before I remember (if I'm lucky) what I'd actually got up to do!

I lose my train of thought regularly.

I was panicking yesterday that it would happen during my exam but luckily it stayed away!!!

The joys of pregnancy!! xxx

Me! I forgot what my favourite restaurant was called, then trying to give my friend a description of where it was and I told her it was near selfridges, we don't even have a selfridges I meant house of Fraser! I forget where stuff is all the time, and I have went to work without my purse or lunch a few times.

:wave:

I forget everything. I cant store any new information. For example I looked up prices for annual tickets for Longleat, within 2 mins I was trying to tell my mum how much etc and I just couldnt remember! Things like this happen constantly!!
I put the cheese in the freezer, bin bags in the fridge, leave doors unlocked. Im totally useless! X

Me! I had it bad last time, drinks in the cupboards, keys on the fridge type thing. I worked retail and one day I completely forgot how to work the till, really embarrassing!

I keep forgetting words this time, dh said it's like I have a brain injury from an accident!

Boy does this remind me of when I was pregnant with my son. I left work and picked up a few groceries. Well the door I put the groceries in I left unlocked. An older vehicle where you have to manually lock every door. Well on the drive home I decided to stop at my favorite pizza place for a slice. I was addicted to pizza and my husband had been picking on me about it and I didn't want him to know I was going there. Well when I got out of my car I locked my door and went in and ordered. While I am standing there I realized that I didn't have my keys on me. Here I am crying in the pizza place thinking I've locked my keys in the car and now my husband is going to pick on me for stopping for pizza again. So I call him up and confess and ask him if he can come unlock the car for me. He was laughing like crazy. So I sat down and ate my slice of pizza only for it to dawn on me that I never locked the other door that I put groceries in and I got caught buying pizza with my own stupidity. So I hop in my car and call him back and tell him I'm all good and on my way home. Every time I drive by there I think back on my pizza craving pregnancy brain!

I am brutal lol I could be talking and I would forget what I was on about!! Its like the words fall out of my head lol and I never seem to know what day of week it is!!

Boy does this remind me of when I was pregnant with my son. I left work and picked up a few groceries. Well the door I put the groceries in I left unlocked. An older vehicle where you have to manually lock every door. Well on the drive home I decided to stop at my favorite pizza place for a slice. I was addicted to pizza and my husband had been picking on me about it and I didn't want him to know I was going there. Well when I got out of my car I locked my door and went in and ordered. While I am standing there I realized that I didn't have my keys on me. Here I am crying in the pizza place thinking I've locked my keys in the car and now my husband is going to pick on me for stopping for pizza again. So I call him up and confess and ask him if he can come unlock the car for me. He was laughing like crazy. So I sat down and ate my slice of pizza only for it to dawn on me that I never locked the other door that I put groceries in and I got caught buying pizza with my own stupidity. So I hop in my car and call him back and tell him I'm all good and on my way home. Every time I drive by there I think back on my pizza craving pregnancy brain!

:haha:

This actually reminds me of DH last week. He locked his keys in the car and asked me to drive the spare to him. I get there (about a 20 minute drive) and as he walks up to my car he's like "wait a minute...", goes in his wallet and pulls out a spare that he keeps in there :haha:

I told him to remember this the next time I screw up :haha: Though I'm not sure if my recent door incident counts....

There are days I can't even figure out what I'm trying to say. I eventually give up lol

With DD, I was doing a gender reveal. I went into the cake shop to place the order for the cake. They asked for my phone number and I gave them some random phone number, thinking it was mine. Like I seriously have NO IDEA where I got this phone number from. I chatted with them for awhile and about 40 minutes later it dawned on me that I gave them the wrong number.

My face was so red as I told them I gave them the wrong number... :haha: I was so mortified and told them that I have no idea how I even got the original number I gave them. I remember that was a particularly bad day lol

Actually, this is my post from that incident! I love it. Yeah, so apparently I had to search my phone to figure out what my phone number was... lol

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1778929-ordered-gender-reveal-cake-made-total-idiot-myself.html

Yes massively. It wouldn't be such a problem if my job didn't require an amazing memory and being highly organised. I have gone from being the most organised person on the planet to a complete muddle. I've been sending emails to clients rather than my team, forwarding on email chains to the wrong candidates, forgetting important information about my jobs etc.

In personal life it's not much better either, we went swimming the other week and threw my locker key in a bin instead of DD's nappy. It wouldn't be so bad if I could have retrieved it without a key from the lifeguard :dohh:

Haha via giving the wrong phone number, I gave out the wrong post code the other day! I then I tried to give the same wrong postcode when picking up a parcel from a shop... it was only then I realised what I'd done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"