Anyone Stocking Up? Or Fighting the Urge?

taybear

Reaction score
Soo anyone else constantly fighting the urge to stock up for baby? I'm getting bad baby fever and bought some swaddle blankets on clearance :dohh:

I still have six months WTT. Plus then at least nine more months for the pregnancy. So....only a year and a half, best case scenario!

No big, right? PS: DH doesn't know...and he won't. Because he'd think I'm losing it. lol

My girlfriend and I went to babies r us tonight to help her get excited because she has been stressing about the money and everything. There was so much cool stuff we wanted and ended up buying a bath water thermometer for $4. We are wtt until mid February because our friend/donor lives 7 hours away in my hometown so we had to take time off to go up there. It doesn't sound like long until then but it has felt like it. So at the very least we still have 10 months if we got a BFP on our first try. We also bought the "What to expect before you are expecting" book tonight.

I haven't bought anything yet but I keep looking! I tell myself it's because I'm checking to see how much things will cost.

If its a good deal there is no reason not to! Personally, I would wait to buy any big ticket items but getting blankets or GN clothes etc are just fine!

I have a lot left over from my son. If we have another boy all we would need are new bottles, binkies, ect.

But I fight the urge to buy more stuff by putting it in my amazon cart.

Although, I do have some burp rags and a onsie for a little girl in pink owls. I just loved them so much I couldn't help myself.

I online browse like crazy but have bought nothing.

Yes!! I started about 5 months ago. At first I told myself only one small thing a month and no clothes until I'm actually pregnant (not even trying until summer at earliest!). That didn't last long! I found a pack of babygrows in tesco down to £2.50 and a pack of 16 items online reduced right down to! So I've got a secret stash going on. Think OH might think I was seriously out of my mind if he knew, but on the other hand he is the one who said we should save all the stuff from his children for when we have one together so it's pretty much the same thing right? Lol. It makes me feel better and like I'm doing something constructive rather than just going out of my mind waiting! Xx

Update to my above comment - just went to sainsburys and they had some absolute bargains on packs of baby clothes (5 short sleeve vests for £1.90!) so I said to him about getting them and putting them away. He asked if I thought it was bad luck, but agreed and we brought them!! He still doesn't know about the other bits I've got, and I think he thinks I'm a bit bonkers now but I don't care, babies are expensive and grow very fast so I think it's sensible. Xx

I am SO glad I'm not the only one! I'm looking into getting a pack n play I've had my eye on for awhile. It's half off and been out awhile with no recalls. I'll have to ask DH first about that though, since I obviously can't hide that one haha.

kksy - I don't know what GN clothes are...sorry! But yeah. I do agree about small items. Except I'm craving to buy the big items now for some reason.

krissie and sequeena - I definitely do that too. I add a lot to my cart, then go back and remove it. Haha

bb1982 - I just bought aiden and anais swaddles for just under half off, so I absolutely HAD to have them! lol Now I'm considering a pack n play that's almost half off because it's one I've wanted for awhile. But I'll definitely have to tell DH if I do, because I clearly cannot hide that!

I think, if all goes well, I can try to convince him to try earlier...or at least buy stuff earlier so we're more prepared. But we'll see! I just love getting good deals!

Love being able to buy baby shower gifts for friends expecting their #two. Otherwise resisting.

Those swaddle blankets are amazing! I will probably buy more of them for the next one because we used them so much and were always running out.

GN= gender neutral :)

I think I'm worried that if I buy something I might be jinxing it! I'm not sure, like it might take longer to conceive if I try and plan too much haha. Crazy thinking but I blame it on the baby fever!

For now I just channel all my buying urges into browsing (oh, the John Lewis baby section is lovely!) and buying stuff for my house rabbits.

I talked to DH and he agreed we'll take my sister's baby swing and GN (thanks for letting me know what that meant!) clothing! :D I'm so excited he's on board with that!

It's going to save a lot of money. And I'm getting the pack n play I've wanted for $100 when it normally costs $180. :)

Now I have to refrain from buying everything at once haha.

Ugh i would love to start buying baby girls clothes asap! I resist the urge to buy at Target everyday and were not even TTC baby #2 until March! Not to mention we could have another boy so I really dont want to jinx it and buy girl clothes yet! I feel like since this may be our last baby and I want a girl so bad, that we might have another boy. So just in case, im saving a bunch of my sons clothes and boy items.

Cant wait to start TTC and see what happens! Until then, I will resist the urge to buy! lol

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how painful it must be. I work in a NICU and the worst thing is to watch a mother/family deal with losing a wanted baby.
I too am hoping for a girl this time but a healthy baby would be a blessing. I am also fighting the urge to shop big time...it doesn't help when the local Reggies is having a 50% sale at the moment..haha!

I think I will wait until I am actually pregnant to buy things. I have a few bit of clothes I got on sale but that's it. That being said if a really good bargain was on offer would be silly not to buy it.

I just asked my fiance if, when we move in to our bigger home, I can start a stock of stuff so that when the time comes we arne't hit with a huge shopping list and he said that sounds like a great idea! Ohhhh can it be spring yet?

I picked up some things last year after each of my bfn's, but both were cp's/early mc's so now that stuff is waiting patiently in "the baby box" Though I do frequently explore the baby section of stores! The temptation is real!

One thing I did do recently is ... I made my baby registry *lol* I was tired of pinning things on Pinterest and then forgetting about things. So one weekend, I decided to register on Babylist and get that done! :haha:

Luckily I've got a niece on the way so I can satisfy my baby buying urges a little buying for her!.

I'm really struggling not buying any newborn cloth nappies!! There all soooo cute and I LOVE cloth nappying!

We wont be buying anything till I am halfway through the pregnancy , were trying our next IUI in march.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->