Anyone suffering with period pain?

mum2rclp

Reaction score
Does anyones periods seem to be more painful since giving up contraception.

Every month i dont get pregnant but my periods seem to get more and more painful.
I had no signs that the nasty :witch: was going to come, then in the early hours of the morning i was doubled over with pain and still am now.

I have got to say that theyre worse than labour pains!!! no joke!

I cant understand for one why it is taking a while to get pregnant when i only went back on the pill for one month after having LO, 6 months ago and two why my periods are getting more and more painful :hissy: x

Poor you, sounds horrible.

I know docs give people the pill to help control period pain, but I've never heard of it getting worse, only going back to normal.

Maybe you should go get checked out??

That sounds awful!
Did you get period pain badly before you went on bcp? How long ago did you stop taking it? I stopped at the end of December, and have had no pains (sorry!) and only very light AF since then.
Maybe you could talk to your doctor about it? At the very least they should be able to give you something to help with the pain.

Good luck x :hugs:

Mine were much more painful this month and painful for much longer (I usually only have pains on day 1 and 2) I was kept awake by the pain. I have no explanation why either, I haven't been on BCP since December 2007!

Mine is really bad today too. I was given vicodin by dr to help with pain so I could at least go to work.

Anyway I heard it's not as bad when you don't ovulate, and that's why when you're on birth control they aren't as painful. So hopefully your painful periods are a sign that you are infact ovulating. I can testify to that too because the last several cycles of mine have been anovulatory cycles and my periods were like cake. This one, when I got a positive opk, I'm in so much pain I had to take a breather at work, and felt like I should go home early!! (I didn't, I took half a pill, but still I had to take meds to get through the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

yeah since coming off bcp mine are much worse, i have actually been sick a couple of times they have been so painful xx

Same here since stopping the bcp my period pains have got worse.
x x

Mine were much worse this time. I came off bcp in Dec 2008. I honestly thought I was pregnant as my pains were so different from before. Hence no the :witch: arrived! I wonder if because were trying we notice very little pain or twinge more because were hoping we get our :bfp:

I have always had very painful periods - was put on bcp when I was 13 just to try to help the pain. Once off bcp as an adult they have gone back to just as painful. I dont have any pain until actual day af starts - pain for 2 days then backs off for 1 day, then 4th day is medium pain. Dr. had me taking 4 advil every 3 hrs - even day before my af was supposed to start because if I didnt take it I was in so much pain I couldnt stand it. Never had any explanation of why- they thought I was ok but once researching more on ttc have learned that its really not "normal". Guess its who your dr.'s are?! I've found too that water bottles or those bags of rice you warm up in microwave (not sure of name) help a lot.

I've only had 1 true AF since coming off the pill but it was miles better than usual-no pain & only 5 days long, I'm hoping it stays like that. Before I went on BC, AF usually lasted around 9 days & was very painful for the 1st couple of days & very heavy too. On BC, it was still painful & heavy but only lasted 7 days.

Hi mine have also got progressively worse since coming off the pill :( woke up the last 2 times :witch: came in the middle of the might with unbelievable pain, worse than I ever had when I originally went on the pill at 16 for painful periods. I'm hoping the other post is true where it means that I'm ovulating once more! :happydance:

Well if painful periods mean that I am ovulating, maybe I can get through the pain.

It is the one thing that is really worrying me about the whole process. I was placed on BCP at 19 for extremely painful and heavy periods, before that I was taking a combination of muscle relaxants and pain meds every month (CD 1) in shocking amounts. I should have started BCP a few years earlier.

Now 12 years later I want to have children, but I am really not looking forward to AF if we miss the eggie.

My period was very painful last time, but it was my first period after a miscarriage at 17 weeks, so I'm wondering if that's maybe what caused it. I've never had pain like that before. It was so bad that sometimes I'd have to stop mid-sentence and take a deep breath before going on. Hopefully it was a one time thing!

Hi
I also found that the pains were much worse when I came off bcp. But I've got a history of Endo and the bcp was one way of controlling the pain associated with that.
Your pain sounds awful. Maybe you should see your doctor to see if they can give you some stronger pks.
Good luck in ttc.
xx

well im glad im not suffering alone!!

I came off bcp in jan this year and they have got worse and worse. im on day 3 now and still in pain but have gone very light.

its not helping with the stupid weather, because i have got the worst headache i have ever had and it is making me feel like i wanna be sick all he time.

So not having a good time of it at the mo. Heres hoping our :bfp: arrive soon so we can hopefully say goodbye to the nasty :witch: for 9 months!!!! x

I wish I'd never gone on the BCP, my last af I woke during the night and couldn't get to sleep. Also my periods are now so light but last for quite a while. I am so worried I have completely messed up my system as have trouble with pains all this cycle and had a difficult with OPK's
x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->