Anyone taking flinstones vitamins instead of prenatals?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
At 8 wks my dr told me to take flinstones vitamins.... I was so sick and losing weight , he told me prenatals are triggering my puke sessions..... So I have been taking 1 flinstones vitamin per day.... It makes me really nervous that my baby isn't getting enough of what baby needs and maybe too much vitamin A and others ...... I did some googling and everyone says their dr told them take 2 flinstones per day! So now I'm even more worried my baby has been getting nothing at all :( feeling so nervous..... Anyone else ??? I'm 12 wks and I don't get a. Scan until 20 wks :(

Your body will give the baby all of the nutrients that it needs. The only one who will suffer from lack of nutrients is you. That being said, I am sure the flinstones vitamins are sufficient for now. With my last pregnancy, I couldn't take my pre-natal vitamins until nearly 12 weeks. I didn't know about the flinstone vitamins at the time, so I really didn't get to take anything. I also could barely eat, as I had terrible nausea 24/7. I found out that I was having twins at 20 weeks, and they were perfectly healthy. So that should help give you some reassurance that you and your baby should be just fine and perfectly healthy! If your stomach can handle it, you could try to add folic acid to your flinstone vitamin.

Thank you! That's very reassuring!! Was 20wks ur first ultrasound? I have this gut feeling I have 2 in there and they missed it! For how sick I have been and how bad my bbs have hurt and grown......I just can't fathom all this from only 1 baby lol! My last scan was 7wks

Yes, my first scan was at 20 weeks! Which seems crazy to me now! But since it was my first, I didn't really know any different lol
Hopefully all of your nausea will ease up as you progress into second tri!

I took prenatal very very early on in both my pregnancies, then about 8 weeks I started Flintstones Vitamins as I couldn't stomach prenatal vitamins anymore. With my last pregnancy I had to take Flintstones (just 1, as I wasn't told different) throughout the rest of my pregnancy and she was born perfect!! This one, I will try to switch back to prenatal once I feel 100%, but will see how it goes. Your baby will be just fine! Think back how looooooooong woman have been having babies, there were not always vitamins to take. GL :)

Your doctor should probably at least advise you to take folic acid and anything else that is really important during pregnancy in addition to flinstones. There are certain things your body and your baby need during pregnancy so you might want to look into that. I can understand though, I'm definitely super nauseous too!

I completely stopped prenatals at 8 wks per my doctor. Baby is doing just fine. I do continue to take DHA.

Relax, flintstones vitamins are perfectly fine. My prenatals can make me sick still if I don't eat first, somedays I don't take them till lunch. The fish oil ones are the worst. What did women do before vitamins? They still had healthy babies. And those women that "didn't know they were pregnant" didn't take them and their babies were fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->