Anyone taking vitamin D?

1nceUponATime

Reaction score
Just curious, as I've been reading that low levels of vitamin D can cause menstrual irregularity / infertility, has anyone taken vitamin D supplements to straighten out their menstrual cycles and/or conceive?

AF literally never comes for me and I never ovulate, and I'm just curious if it's something to consider taking?

I am taking it! The doctor checked my levels and they were very very low, which I guess is common if you are taking Metformin. I have been on Metformin and now on my second cycle of clomid. In between adding the clomid I have one cycle of just metformin and did not ovulate so I had to take provera. I can't conclusively say that it didn't help me restore anything but I am pretty sure it didn't. But I do have more energy and it gave me a boost emotionally. Have you had your levels tested?

Also extremely low so I am on 1,600 units per day through prescription, I also notice a huge change in my energy/moods :)

I know there is a link with being unable to ttc, but I haven't researched it much, I have been on my prescription since Oct 2014 and still haven't conceived :shrug:

The last time I had my levels checked was like 5 years ago, and the doctor said they were okay...She was actually surprised though, because I am desperately pale so I ALWAYS wear like spf100 when I am going outside for any length of time! Next time I am at the doctor I will ask to be tested again!

My blood test last year concluded I was deficient my level was 29 which is below normal. Some doctors will by pass letting you know if they think you are still in the "normal range". I started working and walking out doors immediately. I didn't see much or feel much of difference 6 months later. I started reading up on it and if you have very dark skin (myself) its harder to retain or absorb and i found its link to infertility and immune problems also that if you are deficient depending on how low you have to consume a lot just to get your levels up and decrease to maintain that level.
So I got the supplements and I take 4,000 iui I noticed in a week my bad moods gone, I was handling stress a lot better. I also noticed this sinus drainage I had for the last 4 months suddenly disappeared I also had AF however I was taking other things to resume my cycle. I think it helped though.

My doctor tested me about a year ago and was at 14!!! So he put me on 4,000 IU for 3 months, dropped down to 2,000 IU for 3 months, and the retested. I was at 18. So noe I'm back at 4,000 IU. I notice my moods are better and my joints don't ache near as bad.

The only thing I did differently before conceiving DS2 was take 2000iui religiously the month before. I have PCOS and am ALWAYS low in vitD regardless of how much I take. There is some research out there showing a correlation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->