Anyone taking vitex or has taken in past

Mom2sam

Reaction score
Hi into 7th cycle ttc #2 after mc last year. Cycles gone a little wacky usually have 28 day cycle but since mc i'm getting 28,33,29,31,34 also get spottibng few days before af & mid cycle spotting once, started vitex this cycle hopefully it'l help regulate things & help me conceive anyone else taking it, has taken & had success & conceived?

I credit vitex for my daughter! I'm on it now and have had a great cycle so far. I am a big fan of it, it really makes a difference for me.

Thanks for reply hun i conceived first on clomid but wanted to try vitex this time. How are you taking it & how much? I started on cd1 yesterday & plan to take up until ovulation? Am i doing this right also i'm taking 1000mg just one pill a day any info would be much appreciated good luck x

I'm sorry to hijack but is Vitex just Agnus Castus under a different name?
I've been looking for it in Holland & Barrett but when I search for Vitex on their website it just takes me to their Agnus Castus.

I've read that it can help to kick-start a period which is something I'm interested in as mine are at best irregular or at worst totally absent.

There are a ton of different ways to take it. I've heard as long as you get roughly 1000mg or more a day it will be effective. I take 800mg twice a day right now. That's just what the instructions are on my bottle. What you're doing sounds good. I've gotten conflicting reports on how long to take it. Some say stop after ovulation, others say keep going. Since I have a severe leuteal phase defect I keep taking it throughout my cycle to help keep my hormone levels up. I taper off once I get a BFP though.

Gaige- Yes, agnus castus, chasteberry and vitex are all the same thing. The herb itself isn't hormonal at all but it helps stimulate the pituitary and hypothalamus to help regulate and balance the hormones being produced. It won't necessarily help kick start a cycle and it can take months to really see the effects. For me it's 3 months and things start looking more normal.

I bought it but am waiting until I meet with my midwife this week to start taking it, and then I'll probably wait until my next cycle if I don't get a BFP this cycle. Commenting here so updates show up on my CP and so I remember to comment back if/when I start to see results. I have a long irregular cycle after 9 years on the pill. I've had O anywhere from CD16 to CD33... and I'm hoping the vitex will help sort me out and make me a bit more regular. I will likely take through the first trimester... But like I said I want to talk to my midwife about everything first :)

Hi All, been TTC #1, for 6 years now I am desperate to get my hands on some vitex, i am in Saudi Arabia and have been searching for it here for the past 2 months. Does Anyone know where i can get it from in the middle east? even from neighboring countries like Bahrain, Qatar, Dubai, Kuwait
Thanks

Thanks for replies ladies, yes agnus castus is vitex. I just ordered on amazon

Sorry don't know about getting it in Arabia but could you possibly order online & get shipped from abroad i know some just charge a little shipping charge

Keep us updated everyone

I said this in another thread too but:
Actually clinical studies have shown 35-40mg to be effective.
I just started taking it this cycle and it seems to be helping already!
I think it is crazy that it comes in 400-2000mg when that dose is sooo much higher than needed!

https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-lib...n-2181002-uses

I just started taking vitex as my cycle was 35 days long and I'm usually only 29-30. My pills are only 80 mg each and it says to take one a day. I don't feel comfortable doing more than what the bottle says. 1000 seems high, I'd need to take like 6 pills a day

Mint- that page doesn't work. Did you copy the right link? I'm interested in reading :)

Sorry it is
https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/hn-2181002#hn-2181002-uses

Scroll down to infertility - also articles number 8 & 9 in the reference section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->