Anyone temp vaginally?

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
I'm considering starting vaginal temping next cycle as my temps are still erratic with consistent temping orally.

Obviously there's only one place to put it :haha: but do you need to put it a certain amount?

1. How does this work with temping before you move or anything? Sleep with pants off? Underwear off?
2. Is it generally messy?
3. It's it more of a pain going back to sleep afterwards?
4. Do you skip temping during AF?

I still have awhile before my next cycle starts (probably not until early January), but I'm hoping to get an idea and figure this out before then so I can just start when it comes time.

I'm not temping this CY, but did for two. I would just stick in the bottom 1/3 maybe? Wait until it beeped and went back to sleep. I would check the temp history when I woke up. Mine was definitely consistent...so I'm guessing it was good? :lol:

It didn't get messy per se, but I would obviously not temp as long as AF was here and I would wipe my thermometer when I got out of bed to keep it clean.

Im also new to vaginal temping. I just recently tried it and got a temp of 99.2. Im not even sure what that means...????

How often do i temp??
What time of the day is best to do it?

Im also new to vaginal temping. I just recently tried it and got a temp of 99.2. Im not even sure what that means...????

How often do i temp??
What time of the day is best to do it?

You want to temp the second you wake up, before anything else. You also want to be consistent...take your temp at the same time every day. Use a BBT (basal body thermometer), you'll notice your temp dips right before O and then steadily increases during the 2WW.

I temp vaginally and I find it much more consistent and just as easily to do as I did orally. I generally don't take my temperature except when I'm first waking up so I don't know about the whole going back to sleep thing but I don't see why it would be any more difficult. I wipe it off every time after I use it and I put it back in its case so I don't find it anymore messy. I do not temp if I am doing anything beyong spotting AF wise. I didn't used to temp during af orally as it would fluctuate so much those few days. It doesn't go any deeper in you vaginally than it does orally. I wouldn't go back to oral.

Silly question, but did you have to sleep with pants/whatever off so you're not moving around before temping?

I realized the mistake I was making while temping (turning it on in my mouth instead of turning it on to allow it to calibrate first). It's hard to say how erratic my temps would've been if I'd been doing it correctly... :blush:

I'm going to give oral temping another shot next cycle. If I still find them too erratic I'm definitely switching!

I generally sleep in the buff most of the time so isn't an issue for me. Sleeping without panties on is actually recommended for best vaginal health. It gives it air and allows the self cleaning it does to be easier.

Whichever way works for you is the best way for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->