anyone that can help?

Wantabean

mumma with a new surprise
Reaction score
i have already posted this in 3rd tri section but i dont know if anyone here can help. ill just paste what i have already posted lol

i feel like such a complete twat!!!

i had an ultrasound yesterday morning to check on baby. i have had 15 nhs scans (so no bid deal) due to history. baby is weighing 5lbs 3 so we are super happy his head is measuring 36weeks as is his tummy but his femur is only measuring 29weeks!!! the sonographer seemed really quite concerned as it was measuring that 3weeks ago. the rest of him has grown though. midwife was wanting to order ANOTHER scan as she was really worried but cons said no i was stressed enough. i kept laughing to my mum that i was gona have a shortass baby ( coz i was worried and dnt deal with stress very well) now i have done the most stupid thing i could ever have done!!! I GOOGLED IT!!!!! i got all these things up about down's syndrome and dwarfism and have completely freaked myself out. obv i will love my baby no matter what but i have seen how hard a life it can be for someone with a disability ( my bro is disabled and i am a carer for adults with disabilities) why would i google!! has anyone had measurements like these? man i am such a twat!!!!

hope someone can shed some light

xxxx

I'm sorry I dnt have any ideas, Just wanted to give you a :hug:

When my son was scanned his body was with in the 90th cent but his head was only the 9th! they had concerns but as i turned out he is perfectly heathy and his head caught up in the final few weeks,
what im trying to say is that babies grow at different rates and not all parts of their body grow at the same rate at the same time, see what your next scan brings but please try not to worry, difficult i know xx

thanks guys. i am such a worrier lol i am not getting more scans. mw wanted me to have another to check on it but cons said no that i was stressed enough. o well what will be will be xxxx

doh for googling it!!!

I have had a child who is disabled and i found out whilst i was pregnant. Do not read in to tiny things and go not google them. The worry it causes is for nothing. What will be will be and there is no point stressing if you will not consider a termination. By all means have the tests and scans, but do not panic until a doc sits you down and gives it to you straight. I know that is hard, but you have to be optimistic! It happens all the time - people get a dodgy scan and panic, but it all turns out ok in the end. And ultrasound is a flat picture. Length of things can be incorrect due to position, especially legs!

If you are going to worry about it, then demand answers. but most of all, stop googling!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->