Anyone thinking about buying a doppler? UK Ladies

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by KateT, May 31, 2011.

1. KateT

KateT Well-Known Member

Hi :flower:

I have heard from many women on this forum that the angelsounds fetal heart monitor was a very good one to go for.... and I just bought mine off Amazon for less than £13 including delivery!
    I'm pretty sure that I'm not allowed to post a link, so if you go onto Amazon (the .co.uk one) and choose "Baby" in the departments section, then type in "doppler".... then once thats loaded, change the "sort by" to "price low-high" and its about the 11th one.... reduced from £39.99 to £12.98.
    You can also get supersaver free delivery on it which is what I did, so it costs less than £13 to have your own doppler!

Just wanted to share that incase anyone finds it of any use :)

2. Gnomer

Gnomer Expecting number 2!

Spotted this before! Going to persuade OH i NEED one desperately when he gets home =D

3. Celesse

Celesse Well-Known Member

4. KateT

KateT Well-Known Member

Oh you DEFINITELY need one!! And for that price, it seems silly not to get one! Good luck persuading him! My oh doesn't know that I've just bought it, he doesn't even know I wanted one haha!

5. KateT

KateT Well-Known Member

6. Sarah24

Sarah24 Mummy to Finley

I always heard they were really expensive. Mine is an angel sounds one from eBay for the same price with no gel stuff, wish I would have known that earlier. Has yours arrived yet? X

7. yellowbuttons

yellowbuttons Well-Known Member

I'd never heard of dopplers till I got on this forum! I'm 6 weeks + 3 days, will I be able to hear anything? I don't quite get what dopplers are for? Sorry if I'm being thick, first pregnancy and it's just not really sunk in!

8. KateT

KateT Well-Known Member

Aww hun! Don't worry, I never knew they existed until I joined this forum either. I've been lurking around as a guest on here before I registered and it was then that I found out what a doppler was! As far as Im aware, you're not likely to hear the baby's hb on a doppler until about 12 weeks, although some ladies on here have heard their baby's hb really early at 9 and 10 weeks. I think most women use the doppler as reassurance as you can hear the baby's hb and feel happy knowing that their heart is beating nice and strong! :) I plan on using mine for that purpose, but also for bonding, because my baby is completely unplanned and I didn't want children for many years yet as I'm only 21, and Im hoping it'll help my pregnancy sink in a bit more. And hopefully my oh will also be able to bond with baby more as he is struggling to deal with it all at the moment.... but thats only my opinion and my use for a doppler! A lot of ladies on here really recommend them, so I'm going to give it a go, and for £13, I don't see why not! :D

Sarah24, I'm sure yours works perfectly anyway. I nearly bought one off ebay second hand last night but then didnt, it was only pure luck that I decided to try Amazon as I rarely buy anything off there. I only ordered it an hour ago, but I got free delivery on it so it should take about 3-5 days to arrive, but I wanted it to take that long as I want to be past 12 weeks when I start using it ;)

9. Snugggs

Snugggs Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for posting this. I've been looking at ebay and thought the £20 inc p&p was a good price.... yours is better :) ... Thanks again.

Just another question for you ladies if you wouldn't mine... I'm a UK size 22 (but very in proportion for my 5'9" height and size 8 feet!), but when i had early scans with DS i needed internal up until about 10weeks (because of the fat barrier i think :/).... Do you think it would still be worth me getting a doppler? will it work through my fat barrier?

xx

10. Sarah24

Sarah24 Mummy to Finley

Well I've seen people on here that have heard a hb at just over 9 weeks with the angel sounds one. I'll let you know how it goes if I get mine any sooner, very excited! : D xx

11. KateT

KateT Well-Known Member

No worries hun, Im really glad it's helped someone! I honestly have no idea in regards to your question, maybe you could post your question as a thread and you'll get a better reply off someone? Sorry I couldn't be more help, but Im glad the thread was of use to you :D xx

12. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

I asked my MW to listen to the HB on Friday and she said she would give it a try as i am quite slim. I asked her if it mattered and she said yes.
    We did hear the baby but it was still quite quiet xx

13. catcatcat

catcatcat Well-Known Member

Oooo im so excited to get one. What do u do about the gel?

14. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

i would think you would be able to get babys heartbeat but maybe not till quite a bit later on when your uterus is right up next to your skin caus your bump has all stretched out

15. Snugggs

Snugggs Well-Known Member

Thanks for you reply ladies. I'm thinking the same as all of you. With DS we didn't hear the heartbeat until 14weeks, that said, MW didn't try any earlier. But i guess even if we do get one now, it will be used eventually

xx Thanks again ladies