anyone- thought you were done/have older kids/ pregnant years later?

Thanks for the welcome, ladies :flower:

Okay question! How many of you are using a midwife and how many are using an obgyn? I currently see an obgyn but I am contemplating switching because the first thing out of my Dr's mouth was that they would induce me a week early. I don't want to be induced. I understand their reasoning because of my age and the higher rate of still births. But I have been forced to induce with all 5 of my others and I don't want the Dr to have the control this time. I'm wondering if those of you who have seen a midwife have gotten different info from your midwife.

I'm seeing an obgyn. I have for all of my pregnancies. For the first three, it was because there were no midwives available anywhere nearby, so an OB was my only option. This time, I'm sticking with my OB because I had already been seeing him since June. I started seeing him because of issues with my cycles/TTC. My doctor did everything he could to figure out the problems and help us out, so I decided to stick with him through the pregnancy, even though I do have the option of getting a midwife through his clinic.

My doctor has offered to induce me at 39 weeks. I know this goes against the norm of what people want, but I actually much prefer to get induced. It's mostly because of planning issues - I have two school age children at home and I need my family to drive almost 2 hours to come watch them. I have a history of quick labors, so I'm scared that there won't be enough time if it were to happen in the middle of the night or soemthing. Plus, I've been induced with all of my other children, so I kind of expected to be induced this time as well. Knowing that my doctor is willing to induce has been a weight off my shoulders.

But in your case, I would switch to a midwife. You and your doctor should be on the same page about what you want and how you feel about certain things like inductions and it might cause a lot of unneeded stress if you feel like you're not on the same page at all.

How are you ladies today?

Today I'm doing alright. I took a 2 hour nap, which was nice. I keep switching between incredibly nauseous and not at all hungry to ravenous. :haha: I think my hormones are starting to balance out and the placenta is starting to take over because my symptoms are starting to lessen a little bit.

Today I'm doing alright. I took a 2 hour nap, which was nice. I keep switching between incredibly nauseous and not at all hungry to ravenous. :haha: I think my hormones are starting to balance out and the placenta is starting to take over because my symptoms are starting to lessen a little bit.

I keep going through that same cycle.

Thank you for the boost about switching. I feel guilty want No to switch but I don't want to be worried about it the whole time. I was induced with all of mine as well and I always wanted o just be allowed to labor normally. I feel like now that I'm older I have a better grasp on my voice and I feel like I need to put my foot down. I want the option to labor normally for once.

Can I join too?

I have two girls aged 17 and 14 and a Little Man of 3. I wanted one more to grow up with DS the way my girls had each other growing up -- didn't bargain for two more!

I've had midwife deliveries in the past, but this pregnancy is considered high risk because there are two of them. I've always had fast labours with no pain relief, don't know how it will go this time.

Can I join too?

I have two girls aged 17 and 14 and a Little Man of 3. I wanted one more to grow up with DS the way my girls had each other growing up -- didn't bargain for two more!

I've had midwife deliveries in the past, but this pregnancy is considered high risk because there are two of them. I've always had fast labours with no pain relief, don't know how it will go this time.

Absolutely!! Welcome and congratulations!! Twin!? That's awesome!! You are due close to a few of us too!! Yay!!

Hi ladies xx I'm feeling pretty sick & tired too 😷 off out to a party tonight but I doubt I'll last long ... I want my bed ha .... scan tomorrow morning so I doubt I'll sleep much xxx

Had my scan yesterday. Everything looks good. Baby measured 7w 4d. Hr was 166. I do have a sch, but my mw wasn't concerned. I am awaiting the hospital to call with out appt for the genetic testing.
I'm also feeling sick all the time too. I'm anxious for the first trimester to hurry up & be over!
IMG_3177.jpg

Good on you going out, suspectpink, it's as much as I can do to get off the sofa and make the dinner! I hope you have a great night.

Great scan picture, Luvall. I'm with you in wanting to get through 1st Tri and get on to the good part!

Good on you going out, suspectpink, it's as much as I can do to get off the sofa and make the dinner! I hope you have a great night.

Great scan picture, Luvall. I'm with you in wanting to get through 1st Tri and get on to the good part!

Thanks! I can't believe you saw 2 babies!
My other kids have had a few cereal nights because I just can't stomach making dinner, lol.

TruHope - Don't feel guilty about switching. You've got to do what's best for you and your family and finding a caregiver that you like and you're comfortable with is what's best. If it makes you feel any less guilty about it, I saw three doctors before finally deciding on my doctor while my OH and I were still TTC (I have fertility issues and none of them seemed to want to believe me :growlmad: ) If I didn't feel connected with my doctor or I didn't feel like they actually wanted to help, I'd move on to the next one. Hopefully if you do decide to switch, it won't be too difficult for you :flower:

InVivo - Congrats and welcome! How exciting to be expecting twins! :happydance:

suspectpink - I hope the party you went to went well. :)

Lovall - Beautiful scan :) What you said about your kids having cereal for dinner made me laugh because there's been quite a few nights over the last 6 weeks where my kids get something like sandwiches or I order delivery :haha: I just can't stand the thought of cooking some nights (especially if it's something with a strong smell). They don't seem to mind, so I figure no harm done. lol.

AFM - I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow. :happydance: I'm starting to feel hungrier, which is a relief to me. I love food and it's been torture to not have an appetite. I've also been craving sweet things like cookies but I haven't been able to stomach them. I have recently discovered a good substitute in things like pancakes with syrup and blueberry muffins, so that's been wonderful too. I'm counting down the days until my next ultrasound - February 18. Once we go and as long as everything is okay, we'll finally tell my kids. I hate keeping this secret from them, especially since they're old enough to understand that growing a baby makes mommy sick and tired and irritable...it would be nice to explain it to them instead of them thinking that I'm just being mean.

Hope you all are doing well :flower:

Aw thank you !! I was soooooo tired and bored 😂

I still can't believe we have the same age children and pretty much the same gestation. .. I was just thinking I have my scan today & imagine it was twins too !! 😀 ....sorry overactive tired mind ha! Xxxxx

Aidensxmomma, I'm glad you're starting to feel better and more able to eat. I haven't been too nauseous this time but after a few bites I completely lose interest. So not like me! Plus I've had my three-year-old ask me, "are you so grumpy because you're tired?", which made me increase the effort I was putting in -- poor little man.

SuspectPink, today's the day!! What time is your scan at? It really would be very funny if yours were twins too -- keep us posted.

Me, I'm still waiting for the terrible nausea/tiredness that they say comes with twins. I definitely feel pregnant and not on top form, but I've had much worse pregnancies.

Aidensxmomma, I'm glad you're starting to feel better and more able to eat. I haven't been too nauseous this time but after a few bites I completely lose interest. So not like me! Plus I've had my three-year-old ask me, "are you so grumpy because you're tired?", which made me increase the effort I was putting in -- poor little man.

SuspectPink, today's the day!! What time is your scan at? It really would be very funny if yours were twins too -- keep us posted.

Me, I'm still waiting for the terrible nausea/tiredness that they say comes with twins. I definitely feel pregnant and not on top form, but I've had much worse pregnancies.

Eeeek !!! 10am UK time :) I feel sick with nerves and I'm busting for a pee haha xxxxx

I thought I was done having children twice now. My oldest son is 18 and in his first year of college. I then have a 13 year old daughter. Yes I planned to have her and tried for years to get pregnant with her. I had one miscarriage in between the two of them. They are both from my first marriage. My current husband is an amazing husband and father and I didn't want him to miss out on raising children...from babies on. We decided to have a baby who is now 2 1/2....she was then followed by her baby sister who is only 13 month younger than her. I honestly think twins would be easier and have stated that numerous times. With them only being 13 months apart my daughter was not old enough to understand a lot, yet there is so much size difference I have to watch them closely all the time so she doesn't accidentally hurt her sister. Now we just found out we are expecting....oops we were not trying this time. I have not told the other children yet. I plant to wait until at least after my first OB appointment if not longer. I am unsure how my older children are going to take the news this time. I also wonder if I am ever getting a full nights sleep again. I like reading how some of you also have age gaps and similar number of children. Today was the first time I went on one of these and posted anything ever...but I think since my husband and I have decided to wait a little in telling people(Though I guess he has told a few of his work friends, which do not know our family or other friends) I kinda feel like I have no one to talk to.

Sorry I checked out ladies! I have been a bit out of it. I caught a cold on top of the nausea and I have been struggling. ��

Welcome to all of the new mamas that have joined us!!

Any news!?

Welcome prego!

No news for me except feeling terrible & exhausted! Struggling with life and lots of kids, lol.

Welcome prego. My daughter will start college the same month these babies are due, and even though I'm happy that she's moving on in the world I'm going to miss her so much.

Me, my MS has started properly this week. It's still manageable if I eat little and often, but if I allow my stomach to empty then I'm in trouble.

Very soon then -- thinking of you! x

Sorry I completely forgot to update 😣 my scan went amazing. ...one baby ;) but measuring a week ahead of course that could all change at my 12 week scan :)

Hope everyone is ok !!
My tiredness and nausea have been horrible ... then I have an hour I feel ok then it comes back :( such a tease xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->