Anyone told to take baby aspirin?

Jcliff

Reaction score
My OB told me yesterday he wants me to take one small dose of baby aspirin daily due to me being at risk with high blood pressure/preeclampsia again. I was on the brink of having preeclampsia with my dd but never fully happened. I did suffer terrible migraines with her. I googled this and found aspirin is not safe during pregnancy so I'm confused.

Baby aspirin is a lower dose of aspirin.

I've heard it's also recommended for ladies at risk of miscarrying too, so it's definitely used x

My RE started me on baby aspirin when I started fertility treatment a year ago. He said it decreases the chance of miscarriage. I am still on it at 10.5 weeks pregnant and he said to continue it until when I am released to my regular ob at 12 weeks. He said some ob's prefer to continue that through pregnancy, while others wish to discontinue. Your doctor may think that the benefits outweigh the risks in your case since baby aspirin is a very low dose. Hope this helps and good luck!

Has anyone taken it for blood pressure purposes? I'm not really at risk for MC right now (10 weeks saw baby yesterday was told progesterone wasn't needed anymore.) but my blood pressure was kinda high.

Thanks for posting this jcliff,i didnt know this and i had pre eclampsia with DD.After reading your post i looked into it and found out that small dose aspirin can also help with heart problems (i have a slight murmur) and its been going crazy since i found out i was pregnant.This could really help me so thankyou
:dust:

My consultant recommended my 75mg baby aspirin for blood thinning, def NOT full strenght thats with the normal painkillers! xx

Yes - my BFF had pre-eclampsia with her first (delivered at 29 weeks) and she was put on it immediately with her current pregnancy - 7 weeks xx

I had to take baby aspirin with my second pregnancy because I had IUGR in my first pregnancy.

In fact, my OB actually said that she won't be surprised if they start telling all pregnant women to take baby aspirin along with their prenatal because it has so many benefits.

I took baby asprin with dd2 because I had pre-eclampsia and IGUR with dd1, I don't remember when I started taking it. I asked my GP about this and she seemed clueless, she said not to take it in the 1st trimester as it could cause a miscarriage. Everything I've read online contradicts what my GP said. I called the OB I'm being reffered to, but won't be booked in for another 4-6 weeks. The office assistant told me it's best to listen to the advice of my GP, rather than what I've read online. When it comes to this I don't trust that my GP is all that knowledgeable, she didn't seem sure of her answer.

Im not even going to bother going to the GP with this,they are clueless.I might mention it to the midwife at my booking appointment,im sure i saw her at about 9 weeks last time
:dust:

My ob put me in it yesterday as a matter of fact due to recurrent mc but as a nurse we give it to people with high Bp and heart issues. It's the 325mg that is not recommended for pregnant women. The 81mg should be fine

I take it to prevent a mc, for blood pressure after having pregnancy induced hypertension with my son and I also take it (along with blood thinning injections) to prevent blood clots after suffering a pulmonary embolism 2 weeks after my son was born! (My body doesn't do pregnancy well! :haha)

Anyhow. It's perfectly safe through early pregnancy and through the second tri. I would however hesitate at recommending anyone taking it through to the end of the pregnancy.

With my son my recurrent mc dr told me to stop at 32 weeks but the hypertension dr told me to take it until the baby was born which I did. My son was born with an extremely low platelet count. He very nearly required a transfusion. It baffled the Drs as there was no obvious reason for it. Eventually after some research the neonatal consult advised it was probably the aspirin. My son was born 5 days early through induction as my bp was rising again. Had I have been left to go naturally his platelet count may have been lower which could have lead to life threatening bleeding.

Even knowing this I am continuing to take it in my new pregnancy but once I hit the third tri I will be having some very serious discussions with my Drs about stopping it. Sadly I fear they'll just want to induce me even earlier but I guess they need to balance the health risks of both the baby and myself.

My mw thought I should maybe be taking it because I am spotting a lot & have a history of mc. I saw her for the first time this week (am 9-10 wks). I have an EPU scan in a few days & when I am there I am to ask the nurse to ask my consultant if he wants me to take low dose aspirin. Mw said the consultants have different views & best to find out if mine wants me on it or not. So thats the plan.

(In reality Ive already been taking it for a while as after reading a lot online that was the decision I made - yep definitely guilty of dr google)

I take baby aspirin (x2 daily) when pregnant. I use to be on x1 daily in my fourth pregnancy 1-3 I had pre-eclampsia and my third baby was born sleeping (not because of pre-eclampsia but medical negligence) and baby 4 I had pre-eclampsia again but much more mild (she was born healthy too).

My OB told me yesterday he wants me to take one small dose of baby aspirin daily due to me being at risk with high blood pressure/preeclampsia again. I was on the brink of having preeclampsia with my dd but never fully happened. I did suffer terrible migraines with her. I googled this and found aspirin is not safe during pregnancy so I'm confused.
Hi,

I've been prescribed low dose aspirin to take every day now I am over 12 weeks due to high risk pre e, my mum had it full eclampsia with me and we both nearly died. It is safe as long as low dose and prescribed by a doc x

I am going to talk to my OB when I go next month about taking this. I had pre-eclampsia and delivered at 29 weeks with my daughter.

Hi! I was put on baby aspirin (50mg) at 15 weeks and was told to stop at 37 weeks.

I was put on baby aspirin because I have a genetic blood clotting disorder called Factor V Leiden which can cause recurrent miscarriages and blood clots, especially in the second trimester. I was advised to go off of it 4 weeks before my EDD as it takes a little while to get out of your system and can cause complications with delivery.

For us, it was a situation where the benefit outweighed the risk. Pregnancy itself increases your risk for blood clots, and since I'm already at a way higher risk than the average person, we didn't want to take any chances of me getting a clot and miscarrying or dying myself, depending on where the clot landed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->