Anyone told work yet?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
I'm about 9 weeks and have been really anxious about telling work since I found out!

Iv only been in my job since December and it was meant to be my forever job and it's not what I expected. I'm so sick with ms (well all day sickness!) so weak an dizzy too and i keep getting really homesick while I'm at work missing my kids I get all emotional!

Anyway I'm dreading telling work! Not only because I havnt long been there but they think they took a risk taking me on in my role as I'm the only female in a male dominated role so they arnt the most understanding!

Iv been looking for a less stressful more flexible part time job somewhere but then think I can't start and job saying I'm pregnant!

I'm in a similar situation. Started my job in August, we are seriously short staffed, and I'm 6 weeks pregnant. To make it worse, we have decided to move to be nearer family when baby arrives so I won't be returning... So worried about people resenting me!! I'm a teacher, so it does make the lives of other teachers more stressful when somebody leaves halfway through a school year.

Don't know when to tell them :(

It's hard isn't it, I know people will resent me, they haven't taken to me in my new job as it is! But then I think it's a blessing that I'm pregnant again so it's my decision! I don't even want to stay in my job until the start of maternity just don't know how il find something else x

Since your job isn't really what you want ideally, I actually think telling your work would be fine. They might not be happy with it but legally speaking they can't fault you for needing flexibility during pregnancy. So letting them know might give you a free ticket to relax a little bit. I do hope that you will be able to find a more supportive workplace though. I work in a male dominated industry but it's very un-PC here to not provide a pregnant woman every convenience, so everyone's actually been very supportive. So it's possible to be in a supportive environment, just have to keep looking for it.

Yes. I told work at 5wks. They were excited. I've only been here since July.

I'm in the same boat. I found out 4 days after I started my new job. Literally a few weeks earlier I was selling myself in an interview... I think they'll think I knew before I started, which I didn't.

Best of luck telling them. I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think, it's not our fault that the women have to have the babies! Xxx

I have told my supervisor and I'm only 3 to 4 weeks. But I told her only because I I was cramping and needed to go to emergency room because I was freaking out that something went wrong. I planned on waiting until I was at least in second trimester before telling work.

I told work at about 6 weeks. We are short staffed at the mo and have another member of staff leaving next week! So we are in a pickle with staff right now. But told my boss anyway because if I'm sick or anything then he should know why. I'm not bothered about leaving them in the lurch when I go off on mat leave. That's my boss's issue.

When I was preg with my first I started at a job at 15 weeks pregnant. I just didn't tell them in the interview :lol: waited a week after I'd started and then told them. They can't do anything. It would be illegal for them to discriminate.

Thanks Ladies!

I think I'm gona be best telling them sooner rather than later considering I go to building sites on my own a lot and I have been so sick already.

Although my director hasn't been very nice recently and called me in yesterday for talking about my kids and not about business!

I told my manager at 8 weeks because of awful morning sickness....can tell it's a pain for them but legally they have certain responsibilities to you as a pregnant woman. Also helps me to remind myself that managers got that job because they wanted to manage stuff....this is part of their job :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->