anyone took their driving test while pregnant?

MissYorkshire

Reaction score
OK so its a bit of a long story about my driving so i will spare you of that lol
basically I am taking my driving test at the end of this month and i will be 24 days from my due date lol, stupid i know

has anyone else ever ecided to make their pregnant life even harder by doing their driving test? and did you pass?

BTW this is not my 1st test I failed a few times 4 years ago

thanks

I've just passed my lorry test hun, i kept huffing and puffing during my test hoping the examiner would take pity on me with a bump! lol

i was gonna say... maybe ur examiner will take pity on u cos ur pregnant nd pass u!!
xx

ye it must of looked pretty funny at the test site, all the blokes and their massive trucks, and then i jump out out with my bump- well more kind of fell out!

lol..i havent had any driving tests whilst pregnant, but just wanted to wish u luck xxx

good luck !!

i have my theory a week on monday hoping pass then put in for my test

xx

Accualy, I can go anytime for mine. But I keep on waiting and waiting.. Everyone tells me to go as the examiner could take pity on me and pass me lol.xx

Oh hun its been the bain of my life. I failed twice before years ago and only took it up again because of the fear of having to lug baby around on public transport. I convinced myself (and everyone) i would pass before my due date...

WELL!... Test no 3 at 7 months went swimmingly all the way round untill i was literally a 2min drive away from the test centre and i had a total mind blank after seeing a speed sign, messed up a gear change without using mirrors to slow doen and subsequesntly got a "S" and failed. I was so mortified. The guy was apologetic as he gave me my fail papers *sob*

Fourth time round, this time i thought i'd play it clever and not tell anyone i was taking my test - less pressure - and it'd be a nice surprise me bounding through the door... Er wrong! At 8 months i was not feeling so good, it was a hot day i was feeling a little flustered this time i got 5 mins into my first manouvre and didn't look left when doing a 3 point turn (THEE most obvious mistake!!) The woman grabbed the steering wheel (instant fail) so i asked to return to the test centre as i was not in the mood to continue and felt uncomfortable and flustered. The stupid cow made me continue. I was so fuming at the end i got out of the car and told her i didn't care about her evaluation!!

So now i'm due in three weeks and wondering whether to bother giving it a final go??!!

It has cost me an absolute fortune and i am FINE in lessons. Never crash, stall, mess up gears or mirrors. I'm just a total loser in tests.

My OH teases me mercilessly about it, its soo embarrassing!!!

I really really hope you have more luck than me and keep you nerve. Oh and just to let you know they do not care about your bump! I tried the pity vote lol.

:dohh:

Gotta laugh or i'd cry!

LOL Saywhat!! I too have had ridiculous tests like that but they were a few years ago.
and I too have only decided to try again for the same of ease with the baby.
just keep trying you will get there in the end!!
good luck x

they will make you do an emergency stop, they will make u do everything as normal. my friend done hers last week and she was OVER DUE and passed:D

Miss Yorkshire its got to the point now where i want to book back to back tests just in case! lol, unfortunately not possible ;) Its a numbers game now, the more i take the better the chances (weird logic!)

Let us know how you get on.. :flower: and weirdly enough they never gave me emergency stops in the last two. Must be the individuals choice.

I don't know if i could face one whilst overdue :dohh:

xxx

i took it while pregnant and passed... yea it made life more difficult but it's so important to have this independence before baby comes. i'd hate to be home alone without a car and license once she's here.

I passed my driving test when I was pregnant with my first.
I think I was only about 4/5 months pregnant, but I was feeling so sick! I think it helped me knowing that I HAD to pass coz I didn't know when I would get another chance when baby came along. It made me a lot more focused and determined to practise and pass first time. I passed on 2nd January 2004, the year where it have snowed heavily all new year, I thought they were going to cancel on me too! That would have been bad!
Good luck!

My SIL took hers at about 32 weeks and passed :) Good luck xx

I passed mine at 35 weeks pregnant with DD1!

And he told me I didn't have to do emergancy stop because he didn't think it was safe with a bump :thumbup:

Funny thing was this examiner had previously failed me twice (before being preg) & he asked me if that was my first test. I was like "no, you failed me twice :haha:"

Anyway, GOOD LUCK!!

PS. I highly recommend Rescue Remedy spray/drops (from Holland & barrett), I was a nervous wreck in my first 2 tests, always drove well in lessons, but fell apart in tests. I honestly believe the Rescue Remedy was what kept me calm & resulted in me passing :thumbup: Either that or the examiner just didn't want an emotional pregnant woman wacking him for failing her :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->