Anyone tracking their cycles and ovulation now?

Akirkland

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to these forums, a little bit of info about me. I am 25 years old and I have been married for almost 6 years now to the best guy I could ever ask for. We are waiting until November/December to begin trying for our first baby. Our first reason for waiting is I have some sort of illness that I cannot get answers for, but have finally found a decent and natural way of dealing with my symptoms. I'd like to continue this diet/routine a few months before getting pregnant to know I can physically handle it. Second reason is we are remodeling the basement since we had some flooding due to a drainage issue.

My question in the title is if anyone is tracking their cycles and ovulation? I have found an app on my phone called fertility friend and have started using it. It also has a lot of information on things to look for when ovulating or not ovulating. I've never done this before but I figured since I have a few months to begin researching now so I'm prepared.

Also, I am planning on beginning some vitamins geared more towards pregnancy. I take a ton of vitamins as it is now due to my illness, but I figured switching something up will help with any future pregnancies.

Anyone else doing anything similar? Any tips or info of things you have come across that you found informative or interesting?

Hello! I'm in a similar situation (minus the illness.) I've only just come off the pill around two weeks ago even though we aren't "trying" yet. I'm taking prenatal vitamins, and crossing my fingers that my cycle goes back to normal quickly, so that I can't start tracking! I've got the fertility friend app but unable to put any information in as I obviously don't know when day 1 of my cycle is yet :)

Yes! I'm also using Fertility Friend. When we first started TTC back in 2010 I was tracking my temp with pen and paper. I like FF because it's easier to see all my charts all together (although I don't have a paid account, so I don't get the chart overlay feature). But it does get my O date wrong sometimes. Because I've been charting for long enough, I know that my cover line is usually 36.4 or 36.5, but it this cycle FF gave me crosshairs when I went up to 36.3 on CD 13. I've never O'd that early! So, it is useful, but you can't always trust it's analysis of the data, if that makes sense.

I've been getting the hang of paying attention to my CM too. I just take note of what it's like when I wipe after peeing. I've noticed I can get creamy to egg-white CM for up to a week before O. And I still am trying to get the hang of checking my cervix. I had kind of gotten the feel of it before I had my second son, but after that it feels different so it's harder to do!

Buffy, you could still get in the habit of taking your temp even if you don't enter it in FF. I found it took a while for it to become second nature to take my temp first thing before getting out of bed.

Yes! I'm also using Fertility Friend. When we first started TTC back in 2010 I was tracking my temp with pen and paper. I like FF because it's easier to see all my charts all together (although I don't have a paid account, so I don't get the chart overlay feature). But it does get my O date wrong sometimes. Because I've been charting for long enough, I know that my cover line is usually 36.4 or 36.5, but it this cycle FF gave me crosshairs when I went up to 36.3 on CD 13. I've never O'd that early! So, it is useful, but you can't always trust it's analysis of the data, if that makes sense.

I've been getting the hang of paying attention to my CM too. I just take note of what it's like when I wipe after peeing. I've noticed I can get creamy to egg-white CM for up to a week before O. And I still am trying to get the hang of checking my cervix. I had kind of gotten the feel of it before I had my second son, but after that it feels different so it's harder to do!

Buffy, you could still get in the habit of taking your temp even if you don't enter it in FF. I found it took a while for it to become second nature to take my temp first thing before getting out of bed.

I don't know if I'll ever temp - unless we have been trying for a few months. The thing is we are not trying, not preventing - and I kind of like it that way. It's not feeling stressful or anything at the moment. We have been BD'ing daily - but we did that before anyway (plus, we are newly married :blush:)

Thanks for all the tips! I haven't been tracking my temp, just my cycle, CM and that's about it. Should I be tracking? I am also thinking of doing the not trying but not preventing, but with already being sick I think I am going to have a harder time trying to conceive. Anything else you ladies suggest on things to do now before TTC?

I'm also in a similar situation. I have FF on my phone but haven't started using it until today since I just got my first period coming off BCP. I've been taking prenatals since November last year, because I made a rash decision to cut my hair off before our wedding (it worked!).

I would suggest reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility, as it really gives you a grasp of charting. Also, use a PV with DHA in it. My OB suggested it. If I were you, I would temp. That's the best indicator of what your body is doing. And you want to get in the habit.

BTW - I hope you figure out what's wrong with you. I've had aches and pains I shouldn't have at 25 and no one has figured it out. It's quite frustrating.

I'm also in a similar situation. I have FF on my phone but haven't started using it until today since I just got my first period coming off BCP. I've been taking prenatals since November last year, because I made a rash decision to cut my hair off before our wedding (it worked!).

I would suggest reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility, as it really gives you a grasp of charting. Also, use a PV with DHA in it. My OB suggested it. If I were you, I would temp. That's the best indicator of what your body is doing. And you want to get in the habit.

BTW - I hope you figure out what's wrong with you. I've had aches and pains I shouldn't have at 25 and no one has figured it out. It's quite frustrating.

I haven't been on BCP or any type of contraceptive for years. I'm talking like 6+ years. We have used condoms but now we just pull and pray. :winkwink: I'll start temping, I need to go pick up a thermometer for it.

I think figuring out what's wrong with me is a lost cause, all the doctors I've gone to run the same tests over and over again even when I tell them not to. It's gotten to the point where I'm discouraged and working on natural ways to handle my symptoms instead of going to the doctor and listening to them tell me they just don't know. It's chronic pains, fatigue and all sorts of other things. If anyone has heard of a Paleo diet, that has honestly helped the best and I'd rather not be on a ton of medications anyways. I've been sick with whatever this is since I was 19 or 20 and became worse when they removed my gallbladder. Bleh, anyways, I'll def try temping and anything else to figure out my cycles and when the best time to do the baby dancing is. :blush:

Thanks!

I haven't been on BCP or any type of contraceptive for years. I'm talking like 6+ years. We have used condoms but now we just pull and pray. :winkwink: I'll start temping, I need to go pick up a thermometer for it.

I think figuring out what's wrong with me is a lost cause, all the doctors I've gone to run the same tests over and over again even when I tell them not to. It's gotten to the point where I'm discouraged and working on natural ways to handle my symptoms instead of going to the doctor and listening to them tell me they just don't know. It's chronic pains, fatigue and all sorts of other things. If anyone has heard of a Paleo diet, that has honestly helped the best and I'd rather not be on a ton of medications anyways. I've been sick with whatever this is since I was 19 or 20 and became worse when they removed my gallbladder. Bleh, anyways, I'll def try temping and anything else to figure out my cycles and when the best time to do the baby dancing is. :blush:

Thanks!
I had a hard time finding a basal temp thermometer. Finally found one at Target near the baby thermometers.

You're symptoms sound very similar to mine. I think, from what I've read, is that I have fibromyalgia. But the docs always want to run tests for everything under the sun and THEN treat me for that so I gave up. I've heard Paleo works very well for fibro, but I don't know I could do it lol.

I had a hard time finding a basal temp thermometer. Finally found one at Target near the baby thermometers.

You're symptoms sound very similar to mine. I think, from what I've read, is that I have fibromyalgia. But the docs always want to run tests for everything under the sun and THEN treat me for that so I gave up. I've heard Paleo works very well for fibro, but I don't know I could do it lol.[/QUOTE]

I've thought it could be fibro as well, but I don't care to waste thousands and thousands of dollars for them to tell me that's what it is. They don't have a test for it, it's just ruling out everything else. Paleo helps with inflammation and that's where most of my pain comes from, my organs, intestines all swell up and hurt. It's really not to bad to be on this paleo diet, you just have to get creative. Right now I have brownies in the oven, but there is no flour, no sugar, nothing really in them haha. But it's chocolate and actually tastes really good. I can eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch each day so that makes it easier. Dinners I just get creative as well, my hubby is awesome and doing this with me. He of course is able to cheat and not get overly sick, when I cheat and eat something non paleo I am out for the count. If you want recipes or anything I'd be happy to share!

You're symptoms sound very similar to mine. I think, from what I've read, is that I have fibromyalgia. But the docs always want to run tests for everything under the sun and THEN treat me for that so I gave up. I've heard Paleo works very well for fibro, but I don't know I could do it lol.

I've thought it could be fibro as well, but I don't care to waste thousands and thousands of dollars for them to tell me that's what it is. They don't have a test for it, it's just ruling out everything else. Paleo helps with inflammation and that's where most of my pain comes from, my organs, intestines all swell up and hurt. It's really not to bad to be on this paleo diet, you just have to get creative. Right now I have brownies in the oven, but there is no flour, no sugar, nothing really in them haha. But it's chocolate and actually tastes really good. I can eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch each day so that makes it easier. Dinners I just get creative as well, my hubby is awesome and doing this with me. He of course is able to cheat and not get overly sick, when I cheat and eat something non paleo I am out for the count. If you want recipes or anything I'd be happy to share![/QUOTE]

You have no idea how happy I am to hear of someone else describing what I go through. I mean it sucks for us, but I feel less crazy. Sometimes I have to sit DH down and explain why I don't feel well or get cranky when he thinks I have no reason to be.

I do really hope it's something that wouldn't be passed down to our kids.

I've thought it could be fibro as well, but I don't care to waste thousands and thousands of dollars for them to tell me that's what it is. They don't have a test for it, it's just ruling out everything else. Paleo helps with inflammation and that's where most of my pain comes from, my organs, intestines all swell up and hurt. It's really not to bad to be on this paleo diet, you just have to get creative. Right now I have brownies in the oven, but there is no flour, no sugar, nothing really in them haha. But it's chocolate and actually tastes really good. I can eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch each day so that makes it easier. Dinners I just get creative as well, my hubby is awesome and doing this with me. He of course is able to cheat and not get overly sick, when I cheat and eat something non paleo I am out for the count. If you want recipes or anything I'd be happy to share!

You have no idea how happy I am to hear of someone else describing what I go through. I mean it sucks for us, but I feel less crazy. Sometimes I have to sit DH down and explain why I don't feel well or get cranky when he thinks I have no reason to be.

I do really hope it's something that wouldn't be passed down to our kids.[/QUOTE]

I have felt crazy for a long time, but the physical symptoms are hard to not notice. I've tried hiding my issues from my husband out of embarrassment and it didn't last too long. He started noticing, I'm thankful he is so supportive. I do remember those long talks of why I'm not feeling well and those are not fun. I stopped working over a year ago due to the severeness of my symptoms. It's easier to talk to DH about it than anyone else, but it would be great to talk to someone else who is going through something similar. I hate the questions and people trying to sympathize with me when they have no clue.

I hope the same as well, it would be awful to pass this down to our children. My mom told me that maybe when I get pregnant it will help with what I deal with. All those hormones changing could switch up things within our bodies and heal us. Who knows, wishful thinking though!

Sorry I realized I derailed your post..... But yes I know what you mean. DH is a mechanic and always on his feet, not to mention he was very hard on his body when he was younger so at times he blows me off saying he feels pain every day too. But it's not the same as injuring yourself. I know what that feels like. Sometimes I'm just too tired to do much of anything and can hardly walk to my car after getting off the train. After seeing me breakdown and cry a few times though he gets it and tries to put himself in my shoes.

Send me some Paleo recipes please. I would love to give them a try and maybe not mention it to DH to see what he thinks. His parents have been Paleo for about a year and so are a few of my friends. Also, if you would like to chat any time let me know.

Maybe pregnancy could change things! You never know.

I've been tracking mine for just over a year now. I use an app but can't remember the name of it right now. According to the app my period is supposed to start next Tuesday.

Sorry I realized I derailed your post..... But yes I know what you mean. DH is a mechanic and always on his feet, not to mention he was very hard on his body when he was younger so at times he blows me off saying he feels pain every day too. But it's not the same as injuring yourself. I know what that feels like. Sometimes I'm just too tired to do much of anything and can hardly walk to my car after getting off the train. After seeing me breakdown and cry a few times though he gets it and tries to put himself in my shoes.

Send me some Paleo recipes please. I would love to give them a try and maybe not mention it to DH to see what he thinks. His parents have been Paleo for about a year and so are a few of my friends. Also, if you would like to chat any time let me know.

Maybe pregnancy could change things! You never know.

Don't worry about it, I sent you a PM with some recipes!

I've been tracking mine for just over a year now. I use an app but can't remember the name of it right now. According to the app my period is supposed to start next Tuesday.

I just had my period, it was a lot different than normal though this cycle. Lasted only 2-3 days and began with spotting, and I thought it ended one day but the next it spotted again. So strange, it will be fun to track this stuff though. I'm picking up a thermometer tomorrow when I make a target run. What's the best time to take your temp?

I don't check my temperature but I do check my cervix everyday.

Hey, I'm also new here, and 25, and very exited about TTC #1 november/december!
I came off the pill last month and started charting and reading everything I can about fertility (that's how I usually deal with stress, over informing myself haha) but right now I'm just nervous about getting my first period off the pill...

I came off the pill last month and started charting and reading everything I can about fertility (that's how I usually deal with stress, over informing myself haha) but right now I'm just nervous about getting my first period off the pill...

Welcome! Sounds like we're in the same boat, besides that I haven't been on the pill in many years. I'm TTC # 1 in November/December too. Could also go into January as well. I have no clue on how to check my own cervix though....that sounds complicated! From things I have read though about getting off the pill, is you will get a withdrawal bleed which is not your normal period. I'm an over informer myself! I like to have as much information as I possibly can handle. Haha!

I'm in the same boat as you pretty much! Waiting on my first period after coming off the pill. I'm 27 :flower:

Welcome! Sounds like we're in the same boat, besides that I haven't been on the pill in many years. I'm TTC # 1 in November/December too. Could also go into January as well. I have no clue on how to check my own cervix though....that sounds complicated! From things I have read though about getting off the pill, is you will get a withdrawal bleed which is not your normal period. I'm an over informer myself! I like to have as much information as I possibly can handle. Haha!

Sometimes its even more information than I can handle haha, glad to know I'm not alone!
That's the difficult thing though, about the withdrawal bleeding, I don't get withdrawal bleeding, ever :( My doctor said it's normal for some women but now I'm even more worried that it will take awhile to get back to normal.
Right now I'm just taking my temperature (to get the habit, its stangly stressful so far, like i'm afraid I'll ...fail? Haha) and checking cervical mucus.

I'm in the same boat as you pretty much! Waiting on my first period after coming off the pill. I'm 27 :flower:

Awesome! :D I wasn't sure about joining a forum about WTT but I'm glad I did, it's though not being able to talk about it to anyone IRL, especially since it's all that's on my mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->