Anyone treated yeast with yogurt?

oaklvr

Reaction score
Dr said I had a bad yeast infection. I wanted to try something more natural first. Have any of you successfully treated a yeast infection by eating/inserting vaginally plain organic yogurt? Mine is high up, like its way up in there so I'm not getting discharge really or many symptoms so I guess I'd have to really stick the yogurt in there lol. I am 2cm dilated but am thinking that's okay since I can use Monistat in there the dr said.

Thanks!

I tried it pre-pregnancy and it was a waste of time to be honest.

I'd be worried about putting anything inside whilst dilated.

I hope you get it sorted, I suffer with thrush all the bloody time. Not fun ay.

I've heard from some that it's worked wonders, but I haven't personally tried it. Have you asked your doctor about Lotrimin? It's technically for jock itch, but my doctor prescribed it to me and it worked better than Monistat.

I have thrush at mo' and using canesten cream - only external stuff though 3 times a day. Doc said its fine to use. Im 31 weeks.

How does the external work though? Mine is really high up there, like you wouldn't even know I had an infection as there is no signs of it for the most part.

I dont understand this. I treat my dogs yeast (bad yeasty ears and skin if I feed him the wrong things or forget his supplement) with probiotics but its probiotic powder ingested. Plain yogurt does not have enough probiotic unless you eat a ton of it- even then if you are adding sugary things to the yogurt to make it taste good then its helping feed the problem.

Im sure there are probiotic powders safe for pregnancy...I would ask.

Plain greek yogurt is best. I cleared up a bad yeast infection within a couple of days by using yogurt and apple cider vinegar (not regular vinegar, that makes yeast worse) vaginally and I took probiotics and drank lots of kiefer.

Something else that has worked for me is cranberry juice.

i don't know, i'm all for natural remedies but i have never managed to fix a yeast infection with any of them. not convinced they work at all!

Oh! A suggestion about getting it in there... lol, many people take the tampon out of the applicator, put some yogurt in the applicator and then freeze it. Once it's frozen just well you know...

I poured hydrogen peroxide in there once with a funnel and that seemed to work really well, but I wasn't pregnant and frankly I think I would try it now that I am...

Really?! I spilled some on myself after putting it on a bump on the outside of my vagina (like where you'd shave) and when it touched the inner part it burned SO BAD! It left me like a chemical burn. I can't believe it didn't hurt you?

yeh i tried it the other week and it worked wonders.. osmeone suggested soking a tampon in it and that i found was what worked.. good luck..

I have used this a couple of times.. It works you just need the right yogurt and the right method.. Using a good quality plain yogurt from the health food store is best, you can also take daily probiotics in capsul form which has prevented yeast infections for me as well as increasing my immune system.. I usually get sick 3-4 times a year and dive taking probiotics have only been sick once in the year. Good luck!

Thanks all.

I bought some plain organic greek yogurt and stomached some of it, I will try the tampon thingy later lol. It was so sour lol, I kinda like swallowed it without trying to taste it. I totally realized I was making it worse by all the milk and cereal I've been pigging out on. So that's gonna stop.

Really?! I spilled some on myself after putting it on a bump on the outside of my vagina (like where you'd shave) and when it touched the inner part it burned SO BAD! It left me like a chemical burn. I can't believe it didn't hurt you?

Interesting! It didn't hurt at all, felt very refreshing actually! It was one of the funnier things I've ever done, cause I had to lie down in the bathtub, shove a funnel up my hooha and then pour peroxide in there, lol. Maybe we have different concentrations?

Mine is 3%. Whatever you'd buy at the store.

Also try cranberry juice :) Has to be 100% CRANBERRY juice nothing else in it. Doesnt taste great, but I found it better then plain yogurt :)

I have used plain cheap natural yogurt to clear up thrush twice and it has worked wonders!! X

I have got it at the moment and cant seem to rid it at the moment, am taking prebiotics and also had all the pessaries and creams.

The hospital are looking into to seeing what I am receptive to and Immune to at the moment as Im at the end of my teather with it!!!! :(

Its really high up and I cant seem to shift it. Only had it in pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"