• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone Tried B6 Supplements??

Mommyloves

Mother of two
Reaction score
So here I go.. I have been TTC and was wondering if anyone has taken B6 supplement to extend their LH phase? I am a late ovulator and my O is on day 25-29 during every cycle, but recently, my LH phase has only been 8 days and then I get my period. I have been using ovulation detectors (clear blue easy smiley face) and have been temping. I am not even sure I am really releasing an egg as I have had ectopic pregancies before, but I would like to try taking B6 to see if that will help extend by LH phase.. advice please?

I am taking a b6 & b12 complex with folic acid and after the first month of taking it have seen my ovulation date come between 3 - 4 days earlier and my lp is about a day longer. I take it every day along with my prenatal supplements.
No harm in trying, just remember to take it as a complex to help it be absorbed.

Good luck

b6 & b12 helped my LP for sure! As the previous poster said, make sure you take it with b12, also.

My OH has been taking it for 4 months and it has lengthened her LP by a day or 2 and her pmt is also not as bad. She just takes 50mg a day. Though you can take more we opted for lower high dose x

Thank you everyone! I will be picking up some B6 and B12 today to see if it helps! Fingers crossed!

I also was using both B6 and B12, but my dr gave it to me to increase the amount of fertile cervical mucus. It worked well for me!!

i have just bought a b-50 complex which has b6 and b12 and other goodies in :haha:
Will start mine today

Can you get this at cvs or Walmart? Which brand? Does it matter when in your cycle you start to take it?

I took b6 for the first time this month on CD1. It brought ovulation forward by 9 days and increased LP from 4 to 8 days. I'm slightly upping the dosage this month to hopefully increase my LP further!

Ok so I started taking b6, b12 and folic acid supplements on cd4 and I am on cd10 right now and my ovulation is already way earlier (on CD 8-12 instead of CD25-29). I am not sure if it can work that fast, but if it did, YAY!! The doses I am on is just the standard that they come in, but I saw on amazon, they had a combination dose that might be better. I am usually very irregular, so I am hoping these supplements will make my O date more regular and everything.. fingers crossed!

didnt realise it could bring ovulation forward to such... anyone else experience delayed or earlier ovulation when using this??

didnt realise it could bring ovulation forward to such... anyone else experience delayed or earlier ovulation when using this??

When I was doing research, I found a lot of reports of earlier O, longer LP, and increased CM when using b6, b12 and folic acid supplements.

I actually only took 100mg of B6. Didn't take any B12. Worked on bringing my LP from 10 days to 11-12 days (mostly 12). I had 26-27 day cycles. I don't know if it's just coincidence or not but I got my BFP's both times while taking them (first was a MMC)

For those who have found it lengthens the LP does it extend cycles or bring ovulation earlier. Since it mainly boosts progesterone levels which area a post ovulation conditions I would have thought it would lengthen cycles, not shorten the folicular phase.

For me, it brought ovulation forward but didn't extend my cycle length

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"