anyone trying for first around my age 37

nessie01

Reaction score
hi im 37 and we are trying for a baby............i have three medical conditions and can no longer wait to get well.......................i do have regular periods mostly........around 28 days...........i have brought a maybe baby tester that uses your ovulation with a little microscope to tell you when you are OV....i used it when i was ov this month and it worked as in i could tell that i was ov....................

this is our first baby and im scared that im to old and that it will be hard to get preggie.............is there anyone else who is trying for there first who is my age or older.............my freind got preggie with her first on the first try when she was 40!! and my other freind who is 35 got preggie 2 attempt..

if im not pregg this time (due for :witch: this thurs) then i may try the preseed stuff.......

anyway what are the odds of getting preg the older you get!!!
ness all the way from new zealand

I just noticed there was a 30's and 40's thread on here, maybe you should check it out..I just posted on there because i'm 30 and was wondering if there alot of older woman ttc!

hi im 37 and we are trying for a baby............i have three medical conditions and can no longer wait to get well.......................i do have regular periods mostly........around 28 days...........i have brought a maybe baby tester that uses your ovulation with a little microscope to tell you when you are OV....i used it when i was ov this month and it worked as in i could tell that i was ov....................

this is our first baby and im scared that im to old and that it will be hard to get preggie.............is there anyone else who is trying for there first who is my age or older.............my freind got preggie with her first on the first try when she was 40!! and my other freind who is 35 got preggie 2 attempt..

if im not pregg this time (due for :witch: this thurs) then i may try the preseed stuff.......

anyway what are the odds of getting preg the older you get!!!
ness all the way from new zealand

Hi nessie, i am 42 and trying for first baby, have been trying for nearly 2 years now....the only problem that i have is that i only have progesterone level of 28 so i may not be ovulating. I have just had first round of clomid...and first round of preseed!!!! Sio fingers crossed for this month!!! £7 is no age at all....in my office there are 3 women who all concieved first babies at that age. Good luck...stay in touch. xxx

i am comming up 34 and trying for my 2nd so i dont have the right answers for any of your questions!!just wanted to wish you luck and let you know my friend had her first at 39 and second at 42-both good pregnancys and neither were too long in the making!
hope you get your :bfp: soon!

Hi there, I'm 39, not far off 40. We are trying for our first baby. It was not planned this way, just that I didn't meet my OH until later in life and other reasons. Anyway, this is the ninth month of trying. I have been charting lately and am pretty sure I ov because of positive OPks and temperature patterns. My doctor said if you Ov you are 90% there. I also keep quite trim and eat healthily, don't smoke and get lots of exercise. However, I am going to give it this month and next cycle then am going for tests and to get some help from a clinic. I am still hopeful it will happen, but don't want to lose any more time. Good luck on your own journey. Greta. x

Hi there,
I am 37 nearly 38 and trying for my first (four months now) but been to the doctors this week to get checks that there is no problem with me and OH. Good luck Nessie!

Well, im 38 (nearly 39 next month..gulp, lol) and im not worried. I know so many older mums they outweigh younger ones!! Also, dont forget you will be monitored more closely than a woman under 35 so they take good care of you. We are the norm rather than the excpetion in the 21st century hun, so hospitals are well aware of our pregnancies and how to help :) With good health and common sense there is no reason you shouldnt have an uneventful normal pregnancy.

As far as conceiving is concerned..well, presonally i think there's a lot of scare mongering going on. I think fertility problems are not consigned to the 30's group only, sadly, as the lttc forum can attest to. I think its a sign of our times that more and more people are having problems due to pollution etc. Having said that, we as a whole are a lot healthier, and younger in body and mind than our counterparts even 20-30 years ago. Also, more aware of our fertility and how our bodies work- that all counts in our favour. As a general rule, we need to probably be more proactive in our lifestyle choices, but then again we are of an age when most of the silliness is far behind us..well, i say most, lol!

Just stay smart, focused and do what comes natural to you :)

Good luck!! :)

:hi: ness,

Welcome to BnB!

I just turned 36, and we are now starting cycle 3 for our 1st; we tried preseed last month (cycle 2) and I will be giving it another go this month too (not that I think I need to but hey its worth a try; hoping for a bfp this month (but then arent we all!)!

Im certainly not trying to get too stressed out by it all, as I guess as much as I want a ickle bambino, it will happen when it happens. It is hard when you get a bfn or when the dreaded :witch: arrives, but Im just glad to know everything is happening every month too! Looking forward to lots of :sex: action this coming week leading up to ov!! :rofl:

As many have said, do what you feel is best for you, and enjoy!

Sending you lots of sticky :dust:

I'm not, but one of my close friends is 42 and just had her second :) Healthy pregnancy all the way :) Good luck - and like Wanttobeamom said - there is age forums on here as well :) Welcome! :dust:

:dust:hey sweetie im 41 and had my 3rd and 4th at 37 and 39 and now trying for no 5 so no your not too old good luck and lots of:dust:

Hi there!

Welcome.Well, I am 40 years old and trying for my 3rd. My boys are 11 and 13 years old. I remarried last June and after a lot of soul-searching (just when I thought my family was completed) new hubbs and I decided last month to try for one of our own- got the IUD whisked out on a sort of now or never basis whilst on an appointment for a smear test. The nurse raised an eyebrow, but said "go for it", which was all the confimation I needed, really.I'm about to begin cycle no 2 (I think) as :witch: was due yesterday, but got a :bfn: I am aware that I possibly may not be as fertile as I was when I conceived in my 20s, but that is a reality that I'm prepared to accept. Hubbs and I have agreed that if no natural pregnancy by Jan 2010, then we'll enjoy and accept the 4 children that we already have.

So, to give you some reassurance, you are soooooooo not too old, and I wish you blessings and luck on your TTC journey.

SS xx

thankyou so much everyone for all your replys, well wishes and most of all hope!!!!! and thanks for the fairy dust lol...............i feel so much better knowing tht i shouldnt stress i hope we all get preggie soon!!
ness

Thank you Nessie for posting this thread :thumbup:

I had no idea there was a 30s/40s section which I shall now be visiting and its been very heartening to hear all the success stories as against all the negatives I usually read. Hears to us 'more experienced' ladies (as I prefer to be called rather than 'older' which I'm not amused by lol)

I am 37, turning 38 this year and trying for my first. OH is 28 and in his physical prime so he tells me so I'm hoping that rubs off on our luck lol

:dust: to everyone

Hi Nessie.

It's a very good question as generally we get told that it is harder for us 'old ones' to get pregnant. I am 37 and have been pregnant twice age 35 and 36. Both times took less than 2 months to conceive. Don't think about age just think BD!
Good Luck. xxx

yip i will definalty try to forget the age thing

anyway my poor hubby was forced to :sex: last month with a sore neck an all. i lost it emotionally and broke down :hissy:saying we have to ive only got like three days poor guy what an angel to put up with me lol...........i think i will be a little less stressed this month knowing that it will be ok!!! im sure....

babies:baby::baby:on the way for us all !!

nessie

Hi! I was 36 when I got pregnant with my 1st. I'd been recently diagnosed as hypothyroid so it was a pleasant surprise! I was 37 when I gave birth.

Now, I am trying for 2nd at 41. I am not too worried because my Mum gave birth to my youngest sister at 45! It was a surprise pregnancy too! That gave me hope!

Good luck to all of you! :D

This has made me feel so much better, I'm 34 and it really makes you feel negative that all the advice makes you feel past it when you get to 35. We've been trying since August, and I think I'm fine, but I'm going to the doctors in a month fo arrange some checks and tests to make sure I am. The problem we've got is that OH has 'issues' in that he doesn't ejaculate! To cut a long story short he had a turbulent childhood and has created a mental block about it. He's a year older than me, and we met 2 years ago and things were just right where as in the past with other people, things were not right. It could take a while to sort out, but it is so reassuring to see that even in a couple of years I have no need to feel past it! If anyone has any advice, then please pass it on, or direct me where I can go, as everyone on here seems so helpful - we're all after the same thing!

Good luck to you all! ^..^ x

I, too, am trying for my first child. My husband and I decided this year after being married for 4 years that we wanted to start a family. So far, no luck. I had been on the Depo shot for three years prior to going back to the bc pill, and stopped taking the pill in June after four years. We are now going into our fourth month of trying and I'm trying not to let frustration take over. I have endometriosis, and am aware that it might take me longer than some to get pregnant, but my sister had severe endo and was able to have two children with no complications. My cycle seems to have regulated at about a 27 day cycle. I'm not drinking any alcohol, I'm taking prenatal vitamins, and I've cut down on my caffeine consumption to just one cup of coffee a day. I'm drinking green tea instead as I've seen research that shows that this is supposed to help with fertility. I'm really glad to know that there are others out there that are dealing with a similar situation and that I'm not crazy for wanting to start my family now! Best of luck to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->