anyone trying or had vbac x2??

hudz26

Mum to 3
Reaction score
hiya ladies, i am trying for vbac x2 my first been due to failure to progress and baby been in distress and my second due to failure to progress due to back to back position
i really want to give it one last try and also all the research i have done tells me vbac x2 is safer than another section

i struggle to find anyone who has had vbac x2 or is trying

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

I don't have any personal experience with this, but m good friends sister had a VBAC after needing an emergency section with her first. She had to fight to get it though! Her doc just wanted to book a section as she already had one for the same reasons as your first and I guess they just find it easier. But she pushed for a VBAC and had a fabulous labour and delivery. She was SOOO glad she opted for the VBAC - even though the docs really did try and scare/harass her into another section. She did alot of research and found that opting for the VBAC would be a better choice and for her it really was.
xx

Hi,

I am trying so hard for a VBAC. I have only had one previous birth and this was due to faliure to progress.

I have heard that if you really push them then you can go for it. If you do your reserch and go in knowing your stuff they will find it hard to say no.

How long has it been between births? That plays a big part.

Another thing you could do is pay a private midwife who will support you through the birth. I have been told that if everything is going well then you should have a sweep early as this can bring on nautral labour as if you have to be induced you have less chnace for natural birth.

Good luck with it. I really hope you get your natural birth as I want it so much too. Keep us updated.

x

Hi,

I am trying so hard for a VBAC. I have only had one previous birth and this was due to faliure to progress.

I have heard that if you really push them then you can go for it. If you do your reserch and go in knowing your stuff they will find it hard to say no.

Another thing you could do is pay a private midwife who will support you through the birth. I have been told that if everything is going well then you should have a sweep early as this can bring on nautral labour as if you have to be induced you have less chnace for natural birth.

Good luck with it. I really hope you get your natural birth as I want it so much too. Keep us updated.

x

hiya, i had to push quite hard for a trial of labour with my second but as it turned out i had a c-section anyway :( although i did go into labour and was doing ok :)
there was only 13 months between my 1st and 2nd where as this time there will be 6 years between births so i should be ok, my midwife is happy to support me i really would just love to hear of other ppl who are trying for vbac and vbac + and those who have done it,

how far are you?
if you tell them rather than letting them guilt trip you into another section you will be fine, the main thing is to ask them if your scar is ok and how thick your scar tissue is but usually after 1/2 sections it will be fine

good luck to you too :) xx

HI Ladies...
I have had one VBAC went fantastic but i now want a VBA2C and i am terrified...

My main concerns now are that i really don’t want to have another c section, and i want to be prepared and up on everything that i can do to help and prepare myself for a natural labour

My previous history with deliveries are.

1st pregnancy twins planned c section ( no health reasons the IVF consultant just booked it this way)

2nd pregnancy ( very successful VBAC) loved it (22 mths after c section)

3rd pregnancy i really wanted a VBAC again but just as they went to break my waters Ben went back up and turned i was then rushed for a c section even though i didn’t want to)this was a horrific section left me petrified

I am now ecpecting again ( total shock) there will be about 21 mths from last section
Even though i had a fantastic VBAC 2nd time round having my last emergenct section has left me terrified and i said i would never have another baby... hear i am again and im so nervous... going to see doc for some advise...

good luck ladies

Hi,

x

hiya, i had to push quite hard for a trial of labour with my second but as it turned out i had a c-section anyway :( although i did go into labour and was doing ok :)
there was only 13 months between my 1st and 2nd where as this time there will be 6 years between births so i should be ok, my midwife is happy to support me i really would just love to hear of other ppl who are trying for vbac and vbac + and those who have done it,

how far are you?
if you tell them rather than letting them guilt trip you into another section you will be fine, the main thing is to ask them if your scar is ok and how thick your scar tissue is but usually after 1/2 sections it will be fine

good luck to you too :) xx

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I had a meeting with a consultant and told then that I wanted a VBAC and she said there was no reason why I can't go for one. Im just so scraed this one will go breech or I will fail to progress again. Everyday I think about it and pray that I can have a natural birth this time round. Only problem so far this preg is that I have a low laying placenta at the mo but fingers crossed this will move up by my next scan.

There will be just under 18 months between births so my scar hasn't had that long to heal but seems ok. I get the odd pain in it but nothing too bad.

I will be pushing them as much as I can for a VBAC.:happydance:

I will just have to wait and see.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583