Anyone trying Soy Isoflavones this cycle?

LisK

Reaction score
I am trying soy for the first time this cycle. Anyone else giving soy isoflavones a try?

I'm gonna give them a go next time af shows her face! The bottle is sat in my cupboard waiting :)

Nice - what dosage are you planning to take?

If af shows I am going to give it a try also!!! I bought the bottle before this cycle but decided to wait... I am planning on taking 80, 80, 80, 120, 120....... Hopefully I won't have too though! ;)

I ended up getting some with a weird dose size (55 mg) so I'm doing 110, 110, 165, 165, 165 on CD 3-7. Tomorrow is my last dose. As far as side effects, it definitely has made me sleep a lot better and I have had a couple of headaches but nothing too bad. I usually don't O until CD 20 so I'm hoping it brings O forward a bit.

Oh I hope it helps me sleep!! Haha I haven't slept good this whole month!!

I've just had 3 cycles on it, iso sleep is the best. It didn't work for me but I did this: cd2-6 for 2 cycles. First 80,80,120,160,160 second 120,120,160,160,200 and third cycle cd1-5 and did 200, 200, 200, 200, 200 did nothing for me.

I was planning on taking it but could not find it in supermarket and not had chance to go into town to buy it.
Someone recommended it as I am an older mum and apparently it can help us older mums and am thinking it's down to my age why it is taking me so log to conceive.

I got pregnant using soy iso on my 3rd cycle on soy. Sadly, ended in mc. I am now on my 2nd cycle ttc post m/c and am planning to go back on soy next cycle if AF shows.

The cycle that I fell pregnant I took 160mg cd 3-7, I was on less the cycles I didn't get pregnant. It definitely helped boost my ovulation and made my charts look "clearer."

Good luck!

I've never taken it before and I'm a bit confused! I planned to take it from day 3, how come you all take different doses? did you start high? I bought 40mg I think!

do you take them all in one go? or throughout the day? lol

sorry I'm asking lots of questions lol xx

Hi ladies, I got this bfp on a soy cycle my first timing trying it, on mrs a's advice^^^^
Biscuit baby I took them cd3-7
All last thing at night before bed and mrs a's right the iso sleep is the best
I had the 40mg dosage so took diff amount of pills each day but I can't quite remember wat, good luck

BiscuitBaby, advice varies but most people take soy either:
cd 1-5, cd 2-6, cd 3-7, cd 4-8, or cd5-9.

Conventional wisdom is that taking it earlier will result in possibly more (but possibly less mature) eggs, and that taking it later will result in fewer (1, possibly more mature) egg. Most women opt for cd 2-6 or cd 3-7.

Often people start with a low dose (40-80mg) for a cycle then adjust up if they think they need more. If you are ovulating, you are probably taking enough.

I took soy cd 2-6 the first 2 cycles then switched to days 3-7 to try something else. I also initially started with a lower dose (80mg) and worked my way up to 160mg for my 3rd cycle on soy.

Do not take more than 200mg ever. Take it at the same time of day. Most people take it an night to avoid any side effects, but any other consistent time is fine.

wow thanks for that :) xx

Can you only take it for so many consecutive cycles? xx

I tried it but bloods showed no ovulation so it didn't work for me. Good luck tho.

My OB said I could try for as long as I wanted on soy although most women only try for a few cycles tops before moving on to something else if they aren't ovulating. I suppose there is a theoretical risk of hyper stimulating but my OB "poo poo'ed" that idea.

So far this cycle is progressing exactly the same as last cycle. No fertile signs yet. OPKs are super negative. Come on soy iso do something!!!

Hey Ladies - I'm on CD 20/28 and waiting for AF to come (not feeling very pregnant at all this month). I have a bottle of SI sitting in my cupboard as well and will start taking this next cycle. I have fairly regular cycles (28 days), and I 'seem' to be ovulating. We've been ttc for almost 6 cycles. I'm hoping the SI does the trick, this month I tried Cassava, Folic Acid, Baby Aspirin and Zestica this month, next month I will continue to take everything else just add the Soy!

I took soy CD2-6 and I did 80-80-80-120-120. I had a bit of a headache but overall no side effects. i hope I get my BFP this month!!! good luck y'all!

Hey Ladies - I'm on CD 20/28 and waiting for AF to come (not feeling very pregnant at all this month). I have a bottle of SI sitting in my cupboard as well and will start taking this next cycle. I have fairly regular cycles (28 days), and I 'seem' to be ovulating. We've been ttc for almost 6 cycles. I'm hoping the SI does the trick, this month I tried Cassava, Folic Acid, Baby Aspirin and Zestica this month, next month I will continue to take everything else just add the Soy!

Your chart is looking good. Fingers crossed you get your BFP this cycle and don't even need to try the soy!

I took soy CD2-6 and I did 80-80-80-120-120. I had a bit of a headache but overall no side effects. i hope I get my BFP this month!!! good luck y'all!

Congrats!!! I love posts like this. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->