Anyone TTC after the Depo Shot

BananaSmash

Reaction score
Hey all! Im currently TTC #1 after being injected with the devils shot. I've endured months of pregnancy symptoms , random bleeding and weight gain. Still nothing ! Arrrrgh. My periods have been regular but I'm having no luck :/

Anyone else in the same boat? Any advice?

Hello, My DH and I are in the same boat as well, been TTC for a year now, awaiting news of blood test tomorrow..

When was your last shot?

You must be exited/nervous, I hope its positive! I love depo success stories. What made you decide on going in for a blood test? Any symptoms?

My last shot was 6 months ago. Not nearly as long as many others I've come across,but I thought I'd be one of those woman who conceive in a few months. HA wrong.

I had the shot twice, maybe almost 10 years ago. Afterwards it took about a year for my cycle to even resemble normal again. I didn't TTC at the time, so I can't speak for my fertility, only on how long it took to regulate again. I was having cycles averaging 2 months long.

You must be exited/nervous, I hope its positive! I love depo success stories. What made you decide on going in for a blood test? Any symptoms?

My last shot was 6 months ago. Not nearly as long as many others I've come across,but I thought I'd be one of those woman who conceive in a few months. HA wrong.

My last shot was Feb 11 last year... we decided to go for a blood test because I am 21 dpo with no AF or +hpt... Tons of symptoms, dizzyness, cravings, nausea, headaches, clumsiness, and SUPER tired all the time...

I had the shot twice, maybe almost 10 years ago. Afterwards it took about a year for my cycle to even resemble normal again. I didn't TTC at the time, so I can't speak for my fertility, only on how long it took to regulate again. I was having cycles averaging 2 months long.

2 months?! That sounds miserable. I had a period a few months ago that was about 16 days and I wanted to die. I couldn't imagine going 2 months.

I was going to ask you more about your ttc journey but I see you have a journal! Haha

My last shot was Feb 11 last year... we decided to go for a blood test because I am 21 dpo with no AF or +hpt... Tons of symptoms, dizzyness, cravings, nausea, headaches, clumsiness, and SUPER tired all the time...

I hope you find out soon, I would be so anxious for the results if I were you.
Is your AF like clockwork?

2 months?! That sounds miserable. I had a period a few months ago that was about 16 days and I wanted to die. I couldn't imagine going 2 months.

I was going to ask you more about your ttc journey but I see you have a journal! Haha

Not to misunderstand, I wasn't bleeding for 2 months straight, I was having AF once every two months. Which, for a barely 20 year old with no plans for babies, is great! But my first AF off it I DID soak a heavy pad through in about 3 hours. I remember sitting in the car with my mom debating whether we should be going to a hospital to get it checked. Called a nurse, who said no.

I got one shot took me a year to regulate and 3 months to get pg with my son

I've been off deposit for a year now. Took 6 months for an to return and have been regular though with a very short cycle (24-25 days) for my last three cycles. TTC for a few months now and nada yet. I'm having a hard time tracking my o date even with using opk and temp charting. You having issues with that too?

I've been off deposit for a year now. Took 6 months for an to return and have been regular though with a very short cycle (24-25 days) for my last three cycles. TTC for a few months now and nada yet. I'm having a hard time tracking my o date even with using opk and temp charting. You having issues with that too?

I never got a positive OPK. Not once , so I was convinced I wasn't ovulating but I would start my period so I didnt understand what was going on. I took Vitex for about 2 months coming of the shot, so from Nov-Jan I took 3 a day, In Feb I stopped to see if my cycles were more regular on there own. Had my first "normal" cycle in march, then received my bfp a few days ago!

I never got a positive OPK. Not once , so I was convinced I wasn't ovulating but I would start my period so I didnt understand what was going on. I took Vitex for about 2 months coming of the shot, so from Nov-Jan I took 3 a day, In Feb I stopped to see if my cycles were more regular on there own. Had my first "normal" cycle in march, then received my bfp a few days ago!

Wow that's great! Congrats!! I'm so glad to hear that. I've been convincing myself that I'm not ovulating either but my cycle is like clockwork so I keep hoping something's happening. What a relief to hear that depo didn't cause any long term issues for you!

Wow that's great! Congrats!! I'm so glad to hear that. I've been convincing myself that I'm not ovulating either but my cycle is like clockwork so I keep hoping something's happening. What a relief to hear that depo didn't cause any long term issues for you!

This cycle I BD right after AF was over, then every other day to make sure I didn't miss my O. I could not pinpoint it.
You're probably ovulating earlier then you think.

This cycle I BD right after AF was over, then every other day to make sure I didn't miss my O. I could not pinpoint it.
You're probably ovulating earlier then you think.

Yep that's the plan for this next cycle. AF came right on time. She just doesn't seem to get or care that she's not wanted :)

Oh well, making the best of it with some vino and trashy tv :wine:

Hi Ladies,

i have been looking for a group with ladies TTCing after depo. so here is how things have been. i took my last shot of depo in feb and then in april i had potting for 2 weeks. annoying as hell. then no period till july. now in that cycle i did not ovulate and the up on till cd56 i started spotting for a week. which was last week.
so i just found out about vitex and maca and i have started taking it. hope it regulates my cycle as i am currently TTC for number 2. really praying for it to work.

Hi Ladies,

i have been looking for a group with ladies TTCing after depo. so here is how things have been. i took my last shot of depo in feb and then in april i had potting for 2 weeks. annoying as hell. then no period till july. now in that cycle i did not ovulate and the up on till cd56 i started spotting for a week. which was last week.
so i just found out about vitex and maca and i have started taking it. hope it regulates my cycle as i am currently TTC for number 2. really praying for it to work.

Vitex is what regulated/started my period. I highly recommend it. How much if it are you taking a day?

Hi Ladies,

Vitex is what regulated/started my period. I highly recommend it. How much if it are you taking a day?

Hi BananaSmash so i am taking 1200mg every morning. and i used it for a little over a week and my period came. are you still on it? and how long did you take it for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->