Anyone TTC and gender sway?

Cadenna913

Reaction score
I have two little girls and we are going to start trying in a few months, I would love to have a little boy ( or girl of course, a healthy baby is what I want the most) but having two girls, a boy would be great. I have read that diet change is a key factor in trying for a boy. Any one else doing this or have any other tips? Thanks in advance!:thumbup:

I also have 2 girls, my husband likes the idea of having a boy. I personally would love 3 girls but I don't really care either way so we're giving the boy thing a go. From what I've read timing is key. Try to time sex as close to ovulation as possible. Apparently the man should be well rested hahaha. Not really possible if they work outside in the heat. And positions that give deep penetration to get the spermies as close to the cervix as possible. And yes I've also read that a low acidic diet (an alkaline diet?) make cervical mucus more sperm friendly haha

We're also in this boat, except we are trying for a girl. We already have the most amazing little man, but we'd both love to have a girl as well. So we're trying to do the deed 3-4 days before ovulation and avoid it during ovulation. Good luck to you!

Yes I read all of thos things too, btu I am nervous for some reason! Like it just won't work regardless. My husband is also out in the heat a fair amount and plays aduly football so wears tight pants 3 days per week, which I hear is not good either. I am already trying to eat alkaline based foods and higher potassium foods.... melons, watermelon especially, fresh fruits, dried apricots, cooked broccoli/cauliflower, potatoes, and yams... I have really large list at home of things to eat.Thanks for the reply :) Are you already actively trying??

I also have 2 girls, my husband likes the idea of having a boy. I personally would love 3 girls but I don't really care either way so we're giving the boy thing a go. From what I've read timing is key. Try to time sex as close to ovulation as possible. Apparently the man should be well rested hahaha. Not really possible if they work outside in the heat. And positions that give deep penetration to get the spermies as close to the cervix as possible. And yes I've also read that a low acidic diet (an alkaline diet?) make cervical mucus more sperm friendly haha

Thanks! Good luck to you too. Both of my girls I conceived pre ovulation day for sure because I remember when we had sex and then remember certain OV signs a day or two later.

We're also in this boat, except we are trying for a girl. We already have the most amazing little man, but we'd both love to have a girl as well. So we're trying to do the deed 3-4 days before ovulation and avoid it during ovulation. Good luck to you!

When we try for #2 in January we will be swaying for a girl again. Swayed for dd too. We use a donor so only so much I can do, but I cut out the big boy foods and took calcium and magnesium, lots of cranberry juice and supplements and vitamin c, got the donations before O time (5 and 7 days before! I ovulated really late, but it still took!), no o on donation nights, only laid down for 5 minutes then got up, wore a Rose Quartz bracelet, had an ionizer in my car, used lavender soap, thought pink thoughts haha

Yes I read all of thos things too, btu I am nervous for some reason! Like it just won't work regardless. My husband is also out in the heat a fair amount and plays aduly football so wears tight pants 3 days per week, which I hear is not good either. I am already trying to eat alkaline based foods and higher potassium foods.... melons, watermelon especially, fresh fruits, dried apricots, cooked broccoli/cauliflower, potatoes, and yams... I have really large list at home of things to eat.Thanks for the reply :) Are you already actively trying??

Yeah I guess all you can do is give it all a go, not something we can have total control over.
I only had my first period a couple of weeks ago after having my second (now 15mo). I'm pretty sure I caught the first ovulation but had a chemical pregnancy though.
I was just keeping an eye on cf until first period, now am temping and using opk's. Hoping all this helps for a BFP quicker than my first 2 (9 months and 5 months with irregular cycles)
Good luck!

Tryingforthrd.....good luck to you too! I am debating if we should try to do it this cycle- i I ovulate that is....becauseI am freshly off the pill. WIth my first daughter I didnt have a period for almost 9 months and then fell pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->