Anyone TTC or NTNP with young babies?

justplay91

Mama to Kai and Zoe!
Reaction score
Hi, bnb'ers.

My OH and I had our first child, Kai, back in August. :baby: He was a surprise baby; I was taking the pill and we were actively preventing. However, we were very excited when we found out we were pregnant and now that he's born, I'm really enjoying being a SAHM. But we don't have loads of money (though we live comfortably and get by just fine), and when Kai starts school, I plan on going to work as a nurse so I can bring in a paycheck, as well. My OH was an only child and I have a younger brother who I am close to, so we'd both really like to make sure Kai gets a little brother or sister. Since I would really like to be able to stay home with the kids when they're little, we have been thinking of TTC sooner rather than later to condense the baby/SAHM years.
Sooooo, Kai is just under 4 months old, and we're already NTNP and thinking of TTC next month. Though I don't think I'm actually ovulating yet, despite the fact that we've been exclusively FF for over two months now and I do have my periods back. I had been worried about the potential ill effects a new pregnancy could have on my and a new baby's health, but after making sure my iron levels are good (I had to have a blood transfusion after internal bleeding with my son's birth) and putting me back on prenatals, my doctor has given us the go-ahead. We've also done LOADS of research on close age gaps, and I've asked women on this site how they managed with 2 under 2. Most said it's really hard at first, but worth it in the long run. My first cousin and his wife have a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and 2 year old and they love it (though I know their 3 boys drive them insane sometimes). And it really seems like it would be the best thing for our family. So really my only concern now is that I won't be able to give my son individual attention anymore, once a new baby is born. But I know that if we try very hard, we will still be able to give our children the love and attention the deserve. Plus, even if we waited until Kai is 5 to have another baby, he'd still have to go through a huge adjustment with a new sibling, and in some ways, I think it would be harder for him that way.
So, are there any other moms or dads out there TTC with a child under 1? Or parents with previous experience with 2 under 2? I'd love to chat! Thanks in advance for your responses!

I also had a baby back in August, and I am TTC. I'm on my fourth cycle now. I have FF since she was born and got my period back 7 weeks PP. A part of me wants to focus all of my attention on the baby and wait to TTC, but I do want babies close in age, that and I had a hard time TTC the first time and suspect it may take a while have number 2.

I totally understand what you mean about wanting to wait and focus all your attention on baby #1. I often feel really guilty because once I do become pregnant, especially towards the end, I know I won't be able to do some of things I like to do with him, like playing "airplane" and tossing him in the air, or even just holding him on my lap. I also feel like having a second baby will take my focus off of him and I won't be able to watch him grow up as closely, if you know what I mean? But at the end of the day, I know that all it will take is some hard work and I'm confident that I'll be able to give both kids what they need. Plus it truly is what will work best for our family.
Anyway... I wish my cycles would normalize! My first period pp went from November 2nd-8th and I got a positive OPK on the 15th and 16th... So I'm pretty sure I actually did ovulate that month. Then my second pp period went from November 30th-December 7th. But I didn't get a positive OPK until this morning (cd 16) and I don't have EWCM or other symptoms, so who knows what's going on!
So lazeyey, apart from thinking it could take awhile, what drew you to the idea of wanting a small age gap?

I would feel guilty too, because I had such an awful pregnancy. It was debilitating and I fear that it would prevent me from taking care of the baby properly. My DH is awesome and would help me out in any way he can so that's good. Because my pregnancy was so awful, I sort of want to do it again quickly and get it over and done with, that way I can focus all of my attention on both kids. I also want 2 close together so they can be good buddies. I feel a big age gap would make them not close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->