Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
Just started 5th cycle of ttc #2. Prepared for a good while longer though as #1 took over 2 years to conceive and I'm still breastfeeding which may be affecting cycles. Anyone else ttc while bf? I don't plan on giving up till end of this year, but hoping to catch an eggy before then!!

We are, but my cycles are all over the place because of breastfeeding.

We are but i just finished my first postpartum AF, so i don't even know what my cycles will look like

We are, but only feed a handful of times a day. Still screws with my cycles making them unpredictable though.

We're on our 5th cycle too. AF is regular but been having issues with a short luteal phase due to BF. I had an LP of 4 days for three cycles, so took vitamin b6 last cycle which increased it to 8 days. I'm taking a higher dose of b6 this month to hopefully make it even longer.

We're on our 5th cycle too. AF is regular but been having issues with a short luteal phase due to BF. I had an LP of 4 days for three cycles, so took vitamin b6 last cycle which increased it to 8 days. I'm taking a higher dose of b6 this month to hopefully make it even longer.

That one is the tough one to deal with, Hope the Vitamin B6 works... I'm tempted to try the Vitex (to shorten my PRE-Ovulation time) , but they say after 6 months of breastfeeding it can decrease your milk supply. Not sure im ready for that.

I've no idea of how long my luteal phase is- not going down the ovulation test/temping route, just kind of seeing what happens. I seem to have ewcm from day 11 right up to AF though which is weird and obviously not an O sign for me!
This cycle I am going to just try regular BDing. We seem to dtd quite a lot around the day 15 mark, then kind of forget about it for a week which is prob when I'm Oing! It's pretty hard as DH works till midnight but I'm going to just try staying up for him!!
So far my cycles have been 45 day, 29 days, 32 days and 33 days so I guess they are becoming slightly more regular.
I only bf for bedtime feed and through night now.

We are, but only feed a handful of times a day. Still screws with my cycles making them unpredictable though.

I see your siggy that you were pregnant- so sorry for your loss. :hugs:
The good thing is you managed once while bf, your body will manage again, hopefully soon.

That one is the tough one to deal with, Hope the Vitamin B6 works... I'm tempted to try the Vitex (to shorten my PRE-Ovulation time) , but they say after 6 months of breastfeeding it can decrease your milk supply. Not sure im ready for that.

I took (and am still taking) vitex to encourage AF to return after having my LO. I was worried about the possible decrease in milk supply but decided I could always stop taking it if it happened. As it turned out, it actually increased my supply for a while, which was a bonus. I've found that the b6 was what shortened my pre-ovulation time, last month taking ovulation from CD27 to CD18 - so maybe worth trying that if you're not already :)

we are too! i had my first cycle last week, so monitoring ovulation with the opk and taking b6 aswell. no idea how things will go since i have/had PCOS and i was very surprised i have ovulated AND got my cycle all while breatfeeding!

Hello

I'm not BF - I bottle feed but still haven't had a natural AF since giving birth 6 months ago.
I took Provera a few weeks ago and had an induced AF, now waiting to see if it's kicked my cycles back in!

How long did it take for you all to get AF back?

Got mine at 6 months- had an initial 45 day cycle then they've been on average 29-32 days since- hope they are becoming more regular now though.

My son is 15months and for the padt week we cut out night feedings but still feed once or twice a day. still no period and we are ready for #2!! do i need to stop breastfeeding completely?

My son is 15months and for the padt week we cut out night feedings but still feed once or twice a day. still no period and we are ready for #2!! do i need to stop breastfeeding completely?

It seems this depends on the person- some can get pg without cycles returning, some have to wean etc. Not feeding at all through the night is the best thing you can do to encourage AF to return though. Good Luck!!

how are you ladies getting on? I'm mid cycle right now- we missed 4 days of dtd there as hubbie was working late so hope I didn't O then! Made up for it last night and today tho ;-)
Where r u guys on ur cycles? I'm about day 19 out of 34 x

how are you ladies getting on? I'm mid cycle right now- we missed 4 days of dtd there as hubbie was working late so hope I didn't O then! Made up for it last night and today tho ;-)
Where r u guys on ur cycles? I'm about day 19 out of 34 x

Hey :)

fingers crossed for you!
I'm still waiting for a natural AF.
I had an induced one from Provera 40 days ago, still waiting on natural AF though.
I had a +OPK about 11 days ago and DTD on the same day, hopefully that means my cycle is going to settle down ...

Are you DPO now?x

I'm 4dpo today, last month AF came at 8dpo so I'm hoping and praying it stays away for much longer this time. Not feeling optimistic though.

Got our bfp at 9dpo.
Hoping for a healthy sticky bean this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"