anyone ttc with a 6 month old lo?

gflady

mummy to theo
Reaction score
Hello,

Our son is almost 7 months old and for the last couple of weeks we've been considering TTC for a second baby. Just not sure about how it'll effect my mat leave and return to work (work for the NHS and going back after mat leave in Jan). Also not sure how difficult it will be having such a small age gap between the two. I'm so broody though :)

Any advice or experiences would be much appreciated

Xxx

You only need to go back for one day of work, just a single day to be entitled to statutory maternity pay again. Not sure how it will work with the additional maternity pay the NHS pays.

I think there's advantages and disadvantages of having children close together. My 2 are as close together as was physically possible for me and I conceived DS when DD was 12 months old before AF returned. 21 age gap was hard as DD was old enough to kick off but not old enough to understand what was really going on. I think younger or older would have been easier.

My friend got pregnant when her lo was about 5 months old. She wasnt going back to work but I know people who have gone back to work whilst pregnant with no2. I would just double check what you're entitled to if you got pregnant immediately and how far along you have to be (or not be, if that makes sense!) to get all your benefits, if thats something that is a consideration as to whether you try now or not.

IN terms of whether its hard or not - well - my friend has found it incredibly hard; but that said, I think its incredibly hard having two kids whatever the age of your eldest! There is no perfect time for it!!

Also you might not fall pregnant straight away so you might end up having a bigger age gap anyway.

Honestly I would probably just go for it and see what happens - your 6 mo will be over a year by the time the new baby is born, even if you fell straight away.

I'm currently ttc #2 having hung around and not 'felt ready' for the last 6 months and now 3 months into ttc #2 and I wish I hadnt left it so long and just started even when I didnt feel ready. So it is never perfect.

Anyway lots of luck to you whatever you decide! XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"