• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone ttc with an oh working away?

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi :flower:
We have been NTNP for a few months, we decided to go down this route rather than ttc because oh is working away so we would never know when he was gonna be back etc but this month I decided to use opks so I guess we can be classed at ttc? I'm just wondering if anyone else is in this situation? I said from the start I wouldn't get stressed about it but I can't help myself I just find it so frustrating because each month I seem to ovulate a few days before oh comes home! But this month I am realllllly hoping we get lucky because I have done opks and got a positive while oh was here so I'm a bit more hopeful than previous months. Although.... Oh had to go back to work the day of the positive so we won't be able to dtd after ovulation which sucks as I've read you should be doing it the day of ov and the few following days?
So basically we dtd Friday night and then sat morning I got an almost positive and we dtd sat night and then Sunday morning I got a positive so we dtd then too and then he went back to work so we obviously can't dtd anymore! So if this makes any sense, do you think we could still be in with a chance?

How do you ladies find it ttc while your oh works away?
:flower:

Not in the same situation as you. But couldnt just read and leave. That really sucks for you i dont think i could handle that, wud prob make dh pull a sicky when im ovulating so he would be at home hehe =p
We had it this month that we were staying at a family members house when ovulation occured so i cant see my getting a bfp this month, still dtd a couple days before, so still a chance i guess.
But my advise is get him to pull sickys =p fx

We have been NTNP for a few months, we decided to go down this route rather than ttc because oh is working away so we would never know when he was gonna be back etc but this month I decided to use opks so I guess we can be classed at ttc? I'm just wondering if anyone else is in this situation? I said from the start I wouldn't get stressed about it but I can't help myself I just find it so frustrating because each month I seem to ovulate a few days before oh comes home! But this month I am realllllly hoping we get lucky because I have done opks and got a positive while oh was here so I'm a bit more hopeful than previous months. Although.... Oh had to go back to work the day of the positive so we won't be able to dtd after ovulation which sucks as I've read you should be doing it the day of ov and the few following days?
So basically we dtd Friday night and then sat morning I got an almost positive and we dtd sat night and then Sunday morning I got a positive so we dtd then too and then he went back to work so we obviously can't dtd anymore! So if this makes any sense, do you think we could still be in with a chance?

I find it very hard my oh is in army an hes away a bit so havent really had that many chances to ttc baby no 2 am hopeing that it happens soon though as i have recently moved onto camp so he comes home now x

Not in the same situation as you. But couldnt just read and leave. That really sucks for you i dont think i could handle that, wud prob make dh pull a sicky when im ovulating so he would be at home hehe =p
We had it this month that we were staying at a family members house when ovulation occured so i cant see my getting a bfp this month, still dtd a couple days before, so still a chance i guess.
But my advise is get him to pull sickys =p fx

Thanks for replying Hun :flower: unfortunately that's not possible as oh is doing basic training for the army so if he was sick he'd still have to be there! Good idea though haha! Ah it sucks doesn't it when you can't dtd at the right time! I've read though after doing a lot of googling :blush: that the best times for dtd are the day before ov and the day before that so FX'd for us! :D

I find it very hard my oh is in army an hes away a bit so havent really had that many chances to ttc baby no 2 am hopeing that it happens soon though as i have recently moved onto camp so he comes home now x

Hey Hun my oh is army too, basic training at the minute but he passes out very soon so we will be moving into married quarters but even then I won't see him as he's going to be deployed soon so even less chance!

Hey Hun my oh is army too, basic training at the minute but he passes out very soon so we will be moving into married quarters but even then I won't see him as he's going to be deployed soon so even less chance!

Ano that feeling hun same with mine if af gets me next week am out this month again because oh will be on exercise so hard work aint it an aw were about you moving x

Ano that feeling hun same with mine if af gets me next week am out this month again because oh will be on exercise so hard work aint it an aw were about you moving x

Were moving to Germany! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"