Anyone use exercise ball or use evening primrose?

TTC our first

Reaction score
So obgyn just told me I have a backwards tilted uterus and if I can't reposition it to forward I'll need a csection. I have a two year old that still nurses and is extremely attached to me. So I'm worried about correcting this.

Also wondering if using an exercise ball can help prepare for labor? Or does evening primrose hep? I'm trying to think of ways to help dilate soften cervix naturally since my ob is no help at all and seems to be pushing csection. I had a different on with my daughter and gave birth to her two weeks after edd so I know this ob will not allow me to go over. Any suggestions would be great!

I'm sorry I can't really answer this. I've been using my ball since week 36 for up to a half hour few times a week and I never dilated. I was 50% effaced for 2 wks and as of Wednesday 80%. As you can see I'm a week past due so not really sure if the ball helped in that or if it's just coincidence.

I've never used EPO, so I'm afraid I have no answers there, all I really know is you can take capsules or insert it vaginally, and it will help soften and prep your cervix for labor.

I'm using an exercise/yoga ball. I try to sit on it at least every day for a few minutes to a few hours, or go into different positions.

What an exercise ball does is encourage baby to get into a good position before labor, it will also help open up your hips more in preparation for birth, which will in turn produce a more smooth labor and birth. You can just sit on it, bounce on it, do wide circular motions with your hips, or small circular motions. An exercise ball can also be used during labor for pain relief.

Wow never heard this before I have a backwards facing uterus too. Have since birth & this is my 4th baby. All normal vaginal deliveries no c sections. Labours have all been fine. Very strange indeed 😕

Unfortunately it didnt do much for me, I have been using EPO and birthing ball for months and I am overdue at the min.

Yes, I used EPO with my first and now my second. They usually come in either 500 or 1000mg capsules. I take 1000mg orally and 2000mg vaginally from about 37 weeks on. I also bounced on a ball for my first and now my second, It's supposed to help bring baby down and engage into the pelvis, it also helps for laboring. I would definitely try the ball in your situation, maybe bringing baby down will help re-position your uterus. 2nd babies tend tend to drop and engage later though, sometimes not until active labor, so your uterus may not be the issue. Hopefully your OB saves the c-section until it's absolutely necessary.

I went onto labor at 40+4 with my first and here I sit at 39+5 with my 2nd. I've also been drinking red raspberry leaf tea and eating dates. The dates thing is a new one for me, apparently there was a study done and woman who ate takes were like twice as likely to go into labor spontaneously and have uncomplicated deliveries and so forth. I credit nipple stimulation via my breast pump for triggering my first labor. I've also had success with tinned pineapple juice losing plug and whatnot, something in the pineapple is supposed to soften and help dilate the cervix, but fresh pineapple is supposed to work best.

Not sure if any of these things work. I've showered early cervical effacement and dilation with both my pregnancies and was predicted to go right around my dates, so maybe? It's worth a shot.

I used both, done yoga, rlt, walked every day, pineapple core and used clary sage oil on DS.
I went 16days over due. And when they used to check me I was never favourable.
Unfortunately babies make there own mind up. On this birth I made my midwife write in stark red capital letters "do not mention any natural techniques" when I was in the delivery suite the midwife said oh you should of used the ball I nearly bounced the ball off her face.
Stay as mobile as you can, babies come when they come.

I have a tilted uterus as well and expecting my 7th baby and never needed a section because of it all natural deliveries I did need one section completely unrelated and needed for fetal distress

so I am not sure why you OB would say such a thing :wacko: I have used evening primrose oil it helps soften the cervix, you can take it orally or insert
it .

Also bounce on a ball more so to encourage baby head to come down in to the pelvis

I would not worry just yet over cervix it will do it thing! tilted uterus is very common and our bodies know what to do and will change it and tilt is forward when the time comes!.

also remember you can get checked and have a closed cervix tilted back and thick and be told no way close to Labor only to go in to labor later that day! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->