Anyone use HIPP ORGANIC?

tu123

Reaction score
My LO gets aboit 4 bottles of EBM a day and now about 4 formula. I have successfully pumped since about two weeks but have noticed it is getting harder to get the same amount so i assume my supply is dwindling,

Anyway LO was on Aptamil but ii had to change because of costs. we are on SUCH a tight budget a saving of £20 a month is worth it! i did all my research and went for HIPP. I have done it mega slowly-introducig 1 scoop a week and now for a 150ml feed she is on 1 scoop aptamil, 4 hipp. Her poo hs gone weird though. Usually yellow mustard-now she has a green poo first followede by a mustard after, and smells more like adult poo IYKWIM. Could it be the change in formula plus the fact that she gets less bottles of breastmilk?

I'll probably go on full time FF soon as the supply is decreasing but dont want to upset her tummy?

Anyone had similar experiences?

I had the same experience when we went from breast to bottle, I was quite worried but they soon settled down. We were combo feeding with aptamil but changed to Hipp for the same reason and he actually sleeps better on the Hipp. I stopped breast feeding a week ago and he's on FF plus starting to wean but his nappies have settled down now. HTH

Hi,

I give my lo a bottle of Hipp Organic a day, as I don't quite produce enough EBM either. Sometimes he has yellowy poos and sometimes greenish poos that resemble wet clay iykwim.. the greenish ones smell horrible! Just assumed it's the formula or teething... He drinks it down well and never seems to have a sore tummy etc... I can't believe it's so much cheaper than the other brands AND it's organic!!

x

We are going to change to HIPP soon too. How much cheaper does it work out? With it being 800g a box where as sma/aptimil/c&g are 900g x

(i better do my maths!)

I found it still works out cheaper although I can't get used to the packaging at all! In our asda it's £6.92 for Hipp and the next cheapest was 7.86....

Thanks Angell, i've just been on Asda's website. Do you mean because its made from cardboard? Where as the others are more tin/plastic based?x

Not it's two bags in a cardboard box, and the bags have stickers so you can re-seal them. I used to used the edge of the box to level out the scoops, but with the foil bags you obviously don't have that. If you're making a bottle in a hurry it can get a bit fiddly, but that might be just me

Hi,

I give my lo a bottle of Hipp Organic a day, as I don't quite produce enough EBM either. Sometimes he has yellowy poos and sometimes greenish poos that resemble wet clay iykwim.. the greenish ones smell horrible! Just assumed it's the formula or teething... He drinks it down well and never seems to have a sore tummy etc... I can't believe it's so much cheaper than the other brands AND it's organic!!

x

That sonds very similar-thanks for your reassrance.

Nutritionally all teh brands seem virtually identical.

Aptamil is now £9.99 a kilo
C and G £8.42 a kilo
Hipp £8.47 a kilo

Not sure about SMA

Prices based on my local supermarkets.

I wonder whether the reduced price is something to do with the packaging as the foil bags probably cost less to produce than the shaped boxes?

green clay like poo is common with formula, someone told me it was due to the iron content although I am not sure if thats true...?
my LO had the mustard / seed like poo when I was feeding and when we switched she turned into a plasticine green pooping machine.
not sure which I prefer!
if it goes runny like breastmilk poo and green and frothy then the milk isn't agreeing with little one - could be an allergy x

This formula now contains flouride. If you can find Bellamy's that'd be better

I've never seen or heard of Bellamy's in the UK. Where are u posting from?

Also, what's the problem with Fluoride? We have it in our local drinking water... (genuinely interested, not trying to interrogate!:haha:)

x

My LO gets aboit 4 bottles of EBM a day and now about 4 formula. I have successfully pumped since about two weeks but have noticed it is getting harder to get the same amount so i assume my supply is dwindling,

Anyway LO was on Aptamil but ii had to change because of costs. we are on SUCH a tight budget a saving of £20 a month is worth it! i did all my research and went for HIPP. I have done it mega slowly-introducig 1 scoop a week and now for a 150ml feed she is on 1 scoop aptamil, 4 hipp. Her poo hs gone weird though. Usually yellow mustard-now she has a green poo first followede by a mustard after, and smells more like adult poo IYKWIM. Could it be the change in formula plus the fact that she gets less bottles of breastmilk?

I'll probably go on full time FF soon as the supply is decreasing but dont want to upset her tummy?

I had the same with my LO.... Aptamil first and changed to Hipp hungry baby... the first few Poops were green and clay like...now they are back to the yellow ones i no well....just sounds like it's being digested at diffrent rates, i would stopp the splitting of two and just go with the Hipp. bite the bullet and they should settle down

This interested me-i looked on the packaging and the website and i cant find flouride anywhere:shrug:

Are you in a different coutry to the UK? Just that i wonder why it would contain fluoride in one country and not another?

I had the same with my LO.... Aptamil first and changed to Hipp hungry baby... the first few Poops were green and clay like...now they are back to the yellow ones i no well....just sounds like it's being digested at diffrent rates, i would stopp the splitting of two and just go with the Hipp. bite the bullet and they should settle down

thanks Mumoftwo!

She actually had a normal mustard today so hopefully things are settling:winkwink:

This interested me-i looked on the packaging and the website and i cant find flouride anywhere:shrug:

Are you in a different coutry to the UK? Just that i wonder why it would contain fluoride in one country and not another?

ive just looked at my box and i cant see fluoride written any where :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->