Anyone used a Chiropractor?

shoelaces17

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I was curious if anyone has used a chiropractor during pregnancy? I am having horrible sciatica and have had a massage therapist mention going to see one, and a co worker I know also suggested one. I'm just unsure if it is something I really want to do, and if it would even help. Anyone have any thoughts? Or experiences?

I swear by my chiropractor - the treatments really help me. The advise he gave me for the sciatica I was having was to lie flat and put a tennis ball under your bum cheek - find the spot where it hurts the most - it will be excruciating. Lay for a few mins. Then get up. It helped me.

I don't have sciatica, but starting in the third trimester I've had a lot of back pain that, to me, was unbearable. My chiropractor has helped tremendously. I'm walking better now at nearly 37 weeks than I was at 30 weeks and I'm much more comfortable as long as I remember to sit and stand with my weight distributed evenly. I have to say though, after the first visit the pain was worse, but it did get better after the second or third visit!

I had horrible sciatic pain really early on and by 9 weeks I could hardly walk. My chiropractor fixed it right up and I've been going every 4-6 weeks for the rest of my pregnancy to keep the pain from coming back. Chiropractors are trained in special techniques for pregnant ladies and it's totally safe :thumbup:

Thanks ladies! Is there anything special I should be looking for when I go in to see one. I have it down to two who are close do they have to have a special table for pregnant women or anything else I should be looking for?

I'm the odd man out here but I used one with my first pregnancy (also horrible sciatic pain & overall back pain) & it felt good at the time, but didn't do anything for me. Maybe b/c I didn't go enough.

Well my dh just graduated from chiropractic college about a month ago and he treats me all the time. All I can say is thank God. My sciatica was so bad I could hardly walk. He would adjust me and I would stand up and the horrible shooting pain would be gone. He's also done some stretching techniques of
the round ligament and in my glutes area. It hurts a lot but eventually you can feel your muscle relax and its soooo much better afterwards. His table has a drop down piece in the middle for your belly and the part under your legs can be raised to give your belly more space. His is nice because its a "high-low " table meaning it lifts with hydrolics so i never gave to try to turn myself around awkwardly on the table. Hope this helps.

Had my first adjustment today, and OMG it was amazing. I felt like I wasn't even pregnant walking out of there! Feeling a little sore tonight but my appt was super early at 8 this morning so figured as much. Can't wait to go back to my next appt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"