anyone used a saliva ovulation test?~*UPDATE PG 2*~

happygal

mum of 3
Reaction score
Ive recently bought a calista saliva ovulation test from a lady on here. ive been using it since the day i finished my last period (im due to ov the end of this week) and so far im finding it super simple. for those that dont know, you just lick the lense, leave it to dry for 5 mins and then look at what pattern your saliva has left. whats even better is that the test is re usable for 2 years :thumbup:

so far it seems to be right for me, all my results have been non fertile, no guessing really as for me it has looked like an obvious non fertile pattern, im just hoping to see a change over the next week.

i was just wondering if anyone has any experience with these kind of tests and do you think it reliably lets you knopw when you are going to ov?

:flower:

I don't use one yet, but have been very temped to buy one because of how cheap they are and how simple they seem. Looking forward to seeing responses you get from experienced users. :D

Hi, I started using one last cycle, and I thought I'd got the hang of it, but it seems I haven't. With mine it seems you have to put an exact amount of saliva on it or get different results? I can put saliva on it and find no ferns, then try again and have partial ferning. (All first thing in the morning before eating or drinking) So I'm obviously doing something wrong. Suffice to say I didn't get a clear indication of when I was fertile. I shall persevere though.

Hi, I started using one last cycle, and I thought I'd got the hang of it, but it seems I haven't. With mine it seems you have to put an exact amount of saliva on it or get different results? I can put saliva on it and find no ferns, then try again and have partial ferning. (All first thing in the morning before eating or drinking) So I'm obviously doing something wrong. Suffice to say I didn't get a clear indication of when I was fertile. I shall persevere though.

which one have you got hun?x

I have one too that I bought. I used it during 2 cycles, but I don't think I ever saw the ferning pattern. It allways looks the same? Don't know if I'm doing something wrong. Using too much or too little saliva, not letting it dry long enough?:shrug:

ive never heard of these before so thanks for that! is there a certain brand that is reccomended?? have to give it a try! x

I have one too that I bought. I used it during 2 cycles, but I don't think I ever saw the ferning pattern. It allways looks the same? Don't know if I'm doing something wrong. Using too much or too little saliva, not letting it dry long enough?:shrug:

mine says to either put a bit of salivia on your finger and wipe it on the lense or just lick the lense, ive just been licking it. and leaving it for at least 5 minutes to dry. sometimes focussing it can take a while though. im hoping i see some change in the pattern this week. x

ive never heard of these before so thanks for that! is there a certain brand that is reccomended?? have to give it a try! x

im not sure what brand is recommended but ive got the calista one (https://www.access-diagnostic-fertility.co.uk/calista-ovulation-microscope-83-p.asp) in most reviews i read, it said its better to get one with a built in led light rather than one that relies on ambient lighting, other than that im not sure what else you would need to look for to be honest x

hi ladies , i use a saliva scope , i leave mine to dry for a few hrs before trying to read it . last month i did it looked at it 10mins later an nothing not a thing ! 3-4hrs later looked again an there was full ferning !!!! it obviously wasnt enough time to dry properly just 5-10mins , hope this may help x

which one have you got hun?x

I've got an Isis scope.

It's kind of annoying. I read somewhere that after eating you will always get ferning. So I spent ages one evening experimenting with different amounts of saliva trying to see what made it fern or not. I thought I'd figured it out, but then when the OPKs said I was ovulating, the microscope didn't! Grrr.

That's interesting about the drying times though, I'll have to try leaving it for longer, thanks.

Hi,

I have fertile focus. It's basically a small microscope with a LED light. I've used it last cycle, and it was a bit confusing. On CD 18 I got partial ferning, and then nothing on CD 19, 20 and 21. However, I had all signs of ovulation on that day (EWCM, cramps, ...), so I tested again. This time I got full ferning, which meant that I was just about to ovulate. So, obviously it works only if you use just the right amount of saliva - not too much, not too little. I tried both ways, and the ferning didn't show. Only at the right amount of saliva on the lens, the ferning pattern emerged. So, this is a huge problem, at least in my opinion...

I've seen the same thing mentioned in other posts on this subject, so others are obviously having the same problem.

I got a really cheap pocket microscope off of amazon ($4) and am using a slide and i think I had a bit of ferning once....But I'm putting like a glob a spit on it...maybe thats too much....Hmm I'll keep using it tho. BTW you can also check on the boys with it....if ya know what I mean...

Courtney

Hey ladies.

Ive been using the Fertile Focus since Christmas. A girlfriend of mine on here (Loveanurse) is also TTC and she got it for me and my husband for Christmas. I went home that night and was ferning! I was so excited that it worked on the first time. I have noticed that there will be slight ferning whenever you are on your period (just testing for the heck of it).
I absolutely LOVE it. It's so easy and reusable and you can test every single day and not have to buy or POAS.

I actually just checked for the heck of it a little while ago, (I'm due to ovulate on CD 14 and it's currently CD 11) and it was full ferning! So me and the hubby just got done doing the BD! lol.
I wasn't planning on trying this cycle too much since they put me on birthcontrol for 3 months while trying to get me regulated. But they purposely gave me expired ones simply because I just need the hormones and not neccessarily the protection since we are trying.

:dust: to everyone <3

just a little update.....i have continued using the saliva microscope all month. according to fertility friend, i was due to ov on the 9th but the 9th came and went without a change in the pattern :nope:

that was 3 days ago, although i was a bit disheartend and not very impressed with the microscope, ive carried on testing every day.

well, to my surprise this afternoon i got a full ferning pattern :thumbup: i wasnt too convinced it was real :blush: so i did an opk as well and it was positive!! :happydance:

i think its safe to say that for me, the microscope works as i cant see the microscope AND an opk both giving wrong results :happydance:

imo the microscope was deffinitely worth the money! we have been ttc since just after new year and i was starting to get a bit down about everything but now it looks like ive probably been missing my ov each month :dohh: it looks like i seem to ov a few days after fertility friend says i will.

luckily me and OH dtd the past 2 nights so we dtd again for the next 2/3 days and hopefully we will be in with a bit if a chance this month :thumbup:

i've fertile focus too but even on days when opk gave me near-positives (i never get full-blown positives for some reason) i don't see any ferning. wondering whether i'm doing something wrong...

i've fertile focus too but even on days when opk gave me near-positives (i never get full-blown positives for some reason) i don't see any ferning. wondering whether i'm doing something wrong...

there was no mistaking the ferning i had today. usually theres just a few bubble like dots heres and there but today it totally changed, it was full of lines with lines coming off them, it just went on and on and on.
how do you use yours?

i put a decent amount of spit on it but not too much, i leave to dry for 5 mins then read it but then i read it a bit later too so its had a bit more time to dry. ive found the focussing a bit tricky but seem to have got the hang of it now x

I've now bought a calista saliva test. Ive had a play (used the oh to compare lol) but wont be using it properly until the :witch: comes! Hopefully I wont need too!
Baby dust to all!! :dust:

there was no mistaking the ferning i had today. usually theres just a few bubble like dots heres and there but today it totally changed, it was full of lines with lines coming off them, it just went on and on and on.
how do you use yours?

i put a decent amount of spit on it but not too much, i leave to dry for 5 mins then read it but then i read it a bit later too so its had a bit more time to dry. ive found the focussing a bit tricky but seem to have got the hang of it now x

i do the same thing but even on days when OPK is +ve and temp jumps I still don't see ferning, just bubbles / dots. the only lines are at the side of the circle but i reckon that's jut the scope itself. hahaa

I love mine as I get a clear warning that Ovulation is going to take place in the next couple of days but do have to leave the saliva for at least an hour to get true results

I spit/ lick quite a bit of saliva on then close and look at it later I usually get 1 or 2 days partial ferning just before O full ferning for 1 or 2 days then partial for a day or two after.

The rest of the month I get spots or what looks like leather grain (weird I know) leading up to Ovulation.

You cant eat or drink anything for at least two hours before using it.

I use it as soon as I get up so I know nothing can mess up the results.

hi, i just thought i would give a quick update.

i have been using the microscope for 2 full cycles and we have just got our bfp!

i would strongly recommend one of these microscopes to anyone who is ttc :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->