Anyone using FF to avoid pregnancy?

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
May have gotten it wrong this month! It is my first month charting and taking my temps, I have been checking CM as well and started OPK's. I got a dotted line on my chart so assumed this meant I had ovulated CD 14, even though my OPK's were negative, so we have been careful up to CD 16. I have just read up on the dotted line and it means that FF isn't sure when you ovulated so kind of guesses then takes note of the next temps so can shift it?! Ok, now I'm worried we may have DTD during ovulation!

Does anyone know how to link my chart so you can see what I mean?

I've used FF for both getting pregnant and avoiding it! Esp since for awhile there I was having cycles anywhere from 24 days to 32 days :wacko:

If you go to your chart page - you can click the "sharing" tab at the top [towards the right]. There is a button with "get code" under "charting home page" you'll want to copy the "bbcode code" one. Then you can paste the code here - hope that helps :) I'd be happy to take a look - I've been charting/temping/opking for over a year

My Ovulation Chart

Thank you, would really appreciate it, I didn't temp this morning as DD had a rough night, I'm afraid tonight is going to be the same. Hope it doesn't affect it too much. :flower:

Well, it does look like you O'd on cd14... I've had O happen and not get a positive OPK... Usually that's because I didn't take it at the right time [you can have a surge as short as 4 hours long so it's quiet easy to miss it which is why temping and tracking cm and cp are more accurate]. It does look like, though, that you may have had a delay in ovulation as you had another dip on Sunday. BUT since your cm has gone dry, but was ew around when you had the big dip - I'm going to be on CD14.
So you are afraid that you may have caught the egg? Did you dtd around cd14?

Just re-read your original post - so you've been careful all the way up to cd16 - I'd think you're OK then [although there's always a chance]. :thumbup:

Thank you Hun, we DTD CD 16, so was hoping 'O' wasn't a couple of days later, I also had so much EWCM, more then I have ever had up to ovulation, so it probably is CD 14. It's very confusing, still getting the hang of it. Will my crosshairs go red then instead of dotted? X

it will probably stay dotted if you dont put in a +opk. or if you temp kept going up, it might change your O day too :shrug:

Lol, I hope not, I have 3 months before we TTC was hoping I could pin point it, maybe its best just to DTD everyday :haha:

:haha: it can be exhausting!! :haha:

do SMEP~! :dance:

I don't want to make it a chore either, like I'm only using OH when I need his swimmers :haha:

:haha: i admit.. it sometimes feel like that when i wasn't really "in the mood" but I was in my fertile window. :blush: :haha:

just remember to relax (I hate when people say that.... but it's important), have fun, and simply enjoy each other's company~ :thumbup:

:haha: i admit.. it sometimes feel like that when i wasn't really "in the mood" but I was in my fertile window. :blush: :haha:

just remember to relax (I hate when people say that.... but it's important), have fun, and simply enjoy each other's company~ :thumbup:

^^ This!! Exactly! :flower:

Looks like you've already been helped, and I'd agree you likely O'd on CD 14. If you DTD on CD16 and did in fact O on CD14, you should be okay.

I use FF to avoid (for now!) too, and I've gotten that dotted line once as well. I don't use OPK's at all (I will when to start TTC), but I do temp every single morning. The one cycle I got dotted lines was when I missed a day or two of temping when we were house-sitting and I forgot to bring my thermometer with me. When you do it daily without fail, you should get the solid colored line to pinpoint when you O and that will help you when you do TTC :)

That's the thing though I did do it daily? Who knows, if I did ovulate later I'd be surprised if we caught by DTD just once. My temps are getting higher as well, are they supposed to go down when AF is on the way?

you'd be surprise how many people are preggo by just dtd ONCE~ :haha: I know a lady here that used FF to avoid pregnancy as she was going through some tests. She stop dtd after she got a +opk (think she dtd 2-3 days before the +opk) and she was preggo with a sticky bean~!! And 2 of my bnb buddies here who dtd ONCE and were preggo~ :haha:

it all depends on people regarding temp. Most people will get a significant drop in temperature and AF show that day or the next day.

I'm not so good at this, I'm usually in the TWW every month :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->