anyone using or plan to use doppler in this pregnancy or previous ones?

Loralaura

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I am 10 weeks today

I spontaneously decided to rent a Doppler this week from a medical website (FDA) approved.

ive been a little anxious as I had a m/c a few years ago and I was so anxious last time round carrying my son I spent more time visiting hospital for reassurance than I did in my own bed! I though a Doppler would help me stay functional!

it arrived on Wednesday I listened in but couldn't find HB, then on Thursday at 9+5 I heard it and again yesterday. I've decided to put it away for a while as I didn't realise at the time of renting there is some controversy around using Doppler's...
after reading I got a little freaked out about people saying they can heat the tissue around the baby etc

I was just wondering, has anyone used one before in previous pregnancies or using one this time around?

thanks x

I haven't used one as I know you're not supposed to use them for reassurance - my old midwife told me if anything is wrong not picking up a heartbeat is the last thing to happen so only to use them for fun, plus baby can lie in all sorts of different positions and you can get upset over not picking one up.

I wouldn't use it...Babies do not like ultrasounds or dopplers and we do not know what the long term effects of frequent use are.

I used ine in my first pregnancy and it was fine all was well. I will use it this time too if all goes well. Lots of my friends used them too x

I purchased one three years ago when I was pregnant with my son, used it often as reassurance before I started feeling him move. I dug it out of storage this past weekend and plan to do the same with this pregnancy around 10 weeks. My doctor also used a doppler to find the hb at each visit. I experienced zero issues from doppler use last time. Some days I could find it right away and some days it took some time, but I always was able to find it. It did not cause much added stress. In fact, I think the reassurance it gave me far outweighed any stress of finding the hb. To each their own! Good luck!

Thanks everyone , for now listening in on the HB once a day really reassures me , I will probably stop using once I feel movement x

Hey ladies, I am 10 weeks today

I spontaneously decided to rent a Doppler this week from a medical website (FDA) approved.

ive been a little anxious as I had a m/c a few years ago and I was so anxious last time round carrying my son I spent more time visiting hospital for reassurance than I did in my own bed! I though a Doppler would help me stay functional!

it arrived on Wednesday I listened in but couldn't find HB, then on Thursday at 9+5 I heard it and again yesterday. I've decided to put it away for a while as I didn't realise at the time of renting there is some controversy around using Doppler's...
after reading I got a little freaked out about people saying they can heat the tissue around the baby etc

I was just wondering, has anyone used one before in previous pregnancies or using one this time around?

thanks x

I have one and am using it this pregnancy. Its really nice for reassurance. I only used mine once a week and would stop using it soon as I could positively identify my little girls heart beat. I use it even less now because she moves more regularly, now only using it when she has gone a while with out moving and fruit juice doesn't stir her. Ive heard that you just have to be careful not to use it to much or to long. Sometimes especially in the first trimester they do cause a panic as the baby is so little and can be hard to find and also because they run from it as well.

I've had one for every pregnancy and use it once a week or every other week. I always get spotting throughout my first trimester. I stop using it once I start feeling movement and will pick it up again if my baby goes quiet, since they don't move around as much when they're having a growth spurt. I do think overuse isn't a good idea, so I limit it to once a week.

I just bought a fetal Doppler for this pregnancy since I've suffered a MMC in the past. I used it last week without any luck but I was prepared for that and didn't freak out. I found the baby today and it was so exciting to hear and also made me feel such relief.
I say go for it but don't go crazy if you can't find the heartbeat right away.

I used one with DD and everything was fine. Once I felt her moving I stopped using it. I will use one this time as well until I can feel movements. My dr. Also uses them every visit to check heartbeat

This is my 6th pregnancy using mine. I'd go insane otherwise as I've had 10 miscarriages all together.. I used mine when I feel anxious, which can be as much as once a day, it varies. I only need to listen for a few seconds and find it pretty easily tho.

The two MMC I picked up with the doppler have been chromosomal so completely unrelated to using the doppler and my 3 children are obviously all here safe and sound. I'm currently pregnant, so don't know the outcome of this one yet.

I use the doppler until I can either feel regular kicks or reach 24w as sadly no midwife will do anything about any problems before 24w, so it's pointless asking for a CTG trace before that day. After that it's a different kettle of fish entirely and any concerns should be checked out at maternity Assesment or via a private scan, as vanilla pointed out above. The stuff in the media about dopplers is when people use them after 24w and assume the presence of a HB means all is well. Obviously there is more to it than that xx

I used one with both of my pregnancies and it was a god sent. The only thing that kept me from going crazy. I think I found my sons heartbeat around 7-8 weeks. Very early

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->