• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone waiting for first PP period??

ellina

Reaction score
So my little guy (DS1) is 14 months and I'm still waiting for my first postpartum period so we can start TTC. Anyone else in the same boat? He's still nursing a lot, including throughout the night, so it's hard to say how long it'll be! I plan to nurse until he weans himself, but I'm trying to space out feedings to get my period back because I'm 33 and don't have a whole heck of a lot of fertile years left. My dream of a Duggar size family (without the scandals) is looking less and less likely :haha:

And BTW, I've never introduced myself... I'm Melissa, and came around to motherhood a little late, after spending about a million years in school.

While I am not waiting for my first pp period. I do understand some of the other stuff. I just finished last year with my graduate program and had my son my final year (who is now 14 months). I am definitely so happy to be done!! But now my clicking clock seems to have gotten louder. I have PCOS so really feel the crunch now. However, I am hoping to wait until next year to start. May at the very latest.

Still waiting for my first pp period too (although not ttc soon) breadtfeeding lots here too!

Hopefully it will come soon for you :flower:

Hi Melissa!

It took me 6 months for my period to come back pp, but they have continued to be all over the place (for the most part, have had a few normal ones) for almost a year. My DS is 17 months and started self weaning a month ago. He still nurses but we went from 5-6 times a day to twice a week. My period just started today and so far seems on par with normal. Definitely BF'ing throws it off. Have you called your doctor to see if they will do progesterone to try and kick start them again?

I'm 7months PP and nothing yet...I hope mine takes as long as yours has so far!
Are you ntnp or anything?

Hi Melissa!

It took me 6 months for my period to come back pp, but they have continued to be all over the place (for the most part, have had a few normal ones) for almost a year. My DS is 17 months and started self weaning a month ago. He still nurses but we went from 5-6 times a day to twice a week. My period just started today and so far seems on par with normal. Definitely BF'ing throws it off. Have you called your doctor to see if they will do progesterone to try and kick start them again?

I'm 7months PP and nothing yet...I hope mine takes as long as yours has so far!
Are you ntnp or anything?

You know, I hadn't even thought of talking to my doctor about it... thanks for the suggestion! Right now we're still firmly in WTT zone. I have constant waves of baby fever, but then we have a night of LO waking every hour or two and I think that I can manage waiting a couple more months :)

While I am not waiting for my first pp period. I do understand some of the other stuff. I just finished last year with my graduate program and had my son my final year (who is now 14 months). I am definitely so happy to be done!! But now my clicking clock seems to have gotten louder. I have PCOS so really feel the crunch now. However, I am hoping to wait until next year to start. May at the very latest.

krissie328, what was your grad program in? I deafened myself to the biological clock while I was studying, but now it's thundering in my ears pretty much constantly... I'm also hoping to start trying early next year, so long as my body cooperates.

krissie328, what was your grad program in? I deafened myself to the biological clock while I was studying, but now it's thundering in my ears pretty much constantly... I'm also hoping to start trying early next year, so long as my body cooperates.

I studied school psychology. I spent 11 years in postsecondary school between my bachelors and grad program. So glad to be done. My evenings are mine and DS' and I really enjoy that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"