anyone waiting to try for baby number two?

ashleyy0

Mom to Hunter NTNP#2
Reaction score
How long do you plan to wait to TTC after baby? Is there ever a good age gaps so baby aren't so far apart? My sister and I were 4 years apart and we always hated each other growing up. We never got along. So I am trying to decide what is a good age gap between babies?

Hi im wtt for number 2, he'll be 5 when we try. I know that physiological ly it takes your body 18 months to recover from pregnancy but many people have 2 under 2. I guess it's a good time to try when you feel you're ready :)

We're waiting until Flynn is 18 months purely because we're getting married then so I don't want to be pregnant on my wedding day. Flynn will be at least 27 months before baby is born which seems like a good gap. We were always planning to have 2-3 years in between.

I'm wtt #3 but wanted to say I think that personality has more to do with kids getting along than age gaps. My sister and I are 3 years apart and we have always been best friends. My mum and her younger sister are 11 years apart and get on really well, whereas her older sister is 3 years older and they dont get on as well.

I have a nearly 22 month gap and it's been really nice. Dd1 is old enough to understand and not need so much lap time, but still young enough not to have jealousy issues.

Hello we're WTT #2 too :) our son is almost 3 and we won't be trying for another year or so yet. I'm not too bothered about an age gap, we just need to make sure my son doesn't have a genetic condition that we could pass onto another child.

We are wtt until the end of August so there will be at least a two gear age gap. I wanted to spend as much time with ds in his first year as I could and want to get back into work a little before we try again. We are going to Mexico in August so we might end up with two babies with a June birthday (and me ds is the day before mine!) as ds was conceived at the beginning of Sep on holiday :-D

We are wtt until the end of August so there will be at least a two gear age gap. I wanted to spend as much time with ds in his first year as I could and want to get back into work a little before we try again. We are going to Mexico in August so we might end up with two babies with a June birthday (and me ds is the day before mine!) as ds was conceived at the beginning of Sep on holiday :-D

We are waiting another 3 months before TTCing #2. Hoping to sell our house and buy a bigger house in the next 3 months. I just don't want to be pregnant and trying to pack up with house and move! So as soon as we have moved we will start TTCing. DD will be 21/22 months when we hopefully start TTCing and about 2 1/2yrs when #2 is born.

We are WTT for number 2 until May 2016 because we pay for nursery for George and we can't afford 2 nursery places :(

This is something we really, really cannot decide on!! There is part of me that wants to get it all over and done with whilst I'm in the zone of bad sleep, nappies, etc! But on the other I really want a break - I've started back at work and I really enjoy it. So there is part of me that wants to wait until DS is 2 or 3 before we start trying again.

However, it did take us 3 years to conceive DS so then I think we should start trying now in case of more miscarriages and need for fertility treatment :wacko:

I agree with a PP though about it being a personality thing than an age gap thing. I think all kids will fight at some point whatever their ages, but once they're adults age doesn't matter as much. I think whatever gap we end up with it will have its challenges but I just really hope that DS and any other children get on as well as I do with my siblings. We used to fight a lot as kids but now we're adults we really enjoy each other's company. There's no guarantees though I know - FIL doesn't even speak to his sister and I would be devastated if that's what happened to our kids, but you just don't know! I guess you have to go with what you feel suits your lives as they are now x

I'm waiting for #2 until dd is 3 at least. Our main reason is money, childcare is so expensive we can't afford it for 2.

Also having just one who is over 3 is gorgeous. He's really cool and we do some fab things as a 3 which makes up for our lack of baby :)
Being a teen when I had ds means we needed time to grow as a family too x

I'm trying for #2! My daughter is 15 month right now, and I heard that it's ideal for the body to wait until at least 18 months before getting pregnant again. That gives me three months to get my body in order. I figure I will lose a few pounds, get in a good routine with my multivitamin, continue to incorporate more whole, organic foods into my diet AND if I conceive now the baby would be due around my daughter's birthday, my husband birthday, our anniversary, both my in-laws birthdays. Too busy already!

I'll be ttc #2 starting September 6, 2014. My daughter is nearly 6 months, now.

:hi:We are waiting to try for # 2 too!

We're moving to another continent and start a new life so we have to wait until we get settled. But I really wish we could TTC already.

Our plan is to TTC #2 once DD is 18m, so in a years time hopefully. That will depend on affording childcare though.

Really interesting to see everyones gaps between babies. I haven't decided yet. I have days where I really want to start trying once Hunter is around 14 months but then again I have days where I want to wait. I guess I will know when the time is right. I think my biggest concern is I don't want to take anything away from Hunter. I stay at home with him and I think it would be really hard to not have that time just me and him. The older it gets the more fun it is having just me and him. Time flies by so quickly I think I am leaning more of TTC #2 when Hunter is 2.

We're WTT #2 as well. DD is 19 months, and we still enjoy having just her. It took us 14 months and 2 m/c's to get her, so we're enjoying spoiling her to the fullest. We're also not quite ready to handle a 2nd child. At the very earliest, we'll start TTC when she's 2 .. it might not happen till she's 2.5 or 3 though. We also can't afford 2 in daycare right now, so that's another reason we're waiting.

Tweak! :hi: Only a few months then really before you start trying - how exciting!

My DH has done a complete turnaround...when DS was a few months old he really was not keen on having another one at all, and I was genuinely worried it was going to be an issue for us. But now we keep talking about it and he is all ready to start TTC again this August when DS turns 1 and I'm the one saying hang on, can we wait til January and talk about it again then :rofl:

Tweak! :hi: Only a few months then really before you start trying - how exciting!

My DH has done a complete turnaround...when DS was a few months old he really was not keen on having another one at all, and I was genuinely worried it was going to be an issue for us. But now we keep talking about it and he is all ready to start TTC again this August when DS turns 1 and I'm the one saying hang on, can we wait til January and talk about it again then :rofl:

:hi: Hey Smiler!! It's kinda scary to think that in a few short months we might be TTC. I don't think it'll happen that soon though. Maybe at 2.5 we'll be ready. A has been starting to throw temper tantrums in stores and other places, it makes me rethink wanting another one :haha: Plus we have a ton of student loan debt from DH that we'd love to pay more of. Maybe we'll be bump buddies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"