Anyone waiting until October to concieve?

We started this month, still have a couple days left possibly (irregular cycles). If I'm not pregnant, I'll be ovulating mid October.

I finish my pill in the middle of October, meant to be waiting until December/January time but OH has said that we will have a talk when I have took my last one so hoping he'll say try then :). He's been having little hints.

Yeay, I'm joining you girls and I'm delighted. I'm currently on CD3 after being a few days late for AF. DH and I were both disappointed when it actually came so it made us realise that we both want to do this now.
We're going to try in October and then take the next 2 cycles off and start again in Dec/Jan. We'd like to try and avoid a summer holiday birthday for LO so let's call this practice for 2014.
We're in the process of buying our first house which I think is the reason the DH is more comfortable with the whole idea :happydance:

This pre baby making messes with your head doesn't it! I'd set my date of ttc as oct 25th at the earliest but I'm due on any time and wanting to 'try' when I ovulate in oct, it's a month earlier than I'd planned so I'm going to try and write all my finances down and just see what the 'worst case scenario' would be if I were to catch first time.

What's everyone else's dates to start in oct??

Xx

Well, we relaxed a bit this month, and technically DTD on my O day so I'm waiting to see if AF shows up on Friday. TBH I have no symptoms aside from lack of PMS symptoms and bigger boobs so my hopes aren't high, in which case my new cycle starts on Friday and I should be O'ing around Friday 11th October :)

Fingers crossed for you! X

Yeay, I'm joining you girls and I'm delighted. I'm currently on CD3 after being a few days late for AF. DH and I were both disappointed when it actually came so it made us realise that we both want to do this now.
We're going to try in October and then take the next 2 cycles off and start again in Dec/Jan. We'd like to try and avoid a summer holiday birthday for LO so let's call this practice for 2014.
We're in the process of buying our first house which I think is the reason the DH is more comfortable with the whole idea :happydance:

How fantastic! I too will have to start and stop, I really don't want a dec or jan baby as my birthday is jan 4th and always thought it was rubbish! Nov would be the absolute latest so we will start once af's been and gone and baby dance until jan, feb the latest.

I'm doing something I won't be able to do soon (hopefully), having a lush g & t after a looong day!

Hi Lucylu79, yeah it sounds like we've got the same idea. I too would ideally prefer not to have a LO in Dec or Jan as we've got lots of family with b'days as well as xmas and they all moan about it! :haha:
We're trying to avoid the summer hols and xmas hols and score a goal somewhere in the middle bits.
But if it ends up becoming apparent that we're just not getting preggo with that plan then we'll just throw caution to the wind and :sex: anytime of the flippin year!

As you can see from my start date I've been WTT for 2 years and this doesn't seem real, in fact I'm starting to doubt myself because it just feels like it can't be true. We hadn't even got a real TTC date to aim towards apart from vaguely 2014. Now it's here with no expectation I don't know what to do with myself :shrug:

Good luck everyone :happydance: :flower:

Lucylu, it totally messes with your head! I just hope I can keep it under wraps so DH doesn't think I've gone bonkers!

Itsnowmyturn, I'm hoping the distance from family/friends will be a blessing in disguise. No one will want to make the 1hr + drive and expect me to be prepared for company! Ha!

Callypygous, crossing my fingers for you! :)

Speaking of O, here is a stupid question. We don't have a TCC date, we just know it's after Oct. 19th and based on the O calculator I used online I should O on Oct 28th. So do I understand correctly that BD would be best done the week before O? I don't want to start out this process being all technical, I want to keep it fun. But I also want to give us the best chance possible.

Heya, what i've read up is that it's best to BD from 4 days before O up until the day of O, every other day or every day if you're not too exhausted :D the lil swimmers can survive for up to 5 days inside, and that's a maximum so 3-4 for your average person I think. One day after O is pretty much too late, as the egg only survives for around 24hours methinks.

I'm new to this too but that's the info i've found so far ! Good luck figuring it all out xxx

So hubby and I were a bit naughty and had unprotected sexy time last night! Very naughty indeed, I'm 99% sure I'm not ovulating but after having the implant out I don't really know for sure! I was due last week but nothing yet, I'm sure AF will appear soon and then I can get back to original plan!

AF came today! I guess I am on Cycle Day 1! Looking forward to the next week flying by quickly, and starting TTC! Good luck to everyone in their TWW and those just starting to TTC!

Eeeck how exciting! Sending baby dust to everyone! X

Good luck girlies, I am still late coming onto AF, 3 days behind but BFNs! Means I am out for October as in two weeks time I will be away from my hubby. :( Still will follow this thread as I am excited for you all! x

I'm not sure how the forum rules go but I think it'd be best to move any conversations once TTC has begun to the other forms :) it's a complete jungle out there, maybe if I make a thread people can join in ^_^

Hey i'd love to move over to TTC! Let me know if you start one and we can all join you?!

So i'm feeling rather grouchy and have serious period pain symptoms starting, I was due on Sept 25th but I guess having the implant out has scuppered (?) any existing cycle that I had so i'm hoping that its on its way as I still really want to start this month!!!

I do have a question if I may....Its about alcohol....

Hubby and I have been invited to a Halloween Fancy dress party on Oct 26th. It will also double up as saying goodbye to my brother and his husband who leave to go back to Poland for the winter. Since they have been here we have had some serious house gatherings, enjoyed many cocktails etc. If, and obviously its a big IF I am pregnant by then, how should I go about it? I mean i'm either trying so not drinking as much as normal or i'm pregnant and perhaps too soon to even know.

What would you girls do in my position? My suggestion to hubby is that we stick to me drinking rum and coke except I make my own and happen to leave out the rum when people aren't looking?

Hey i'd love to move over to TTC! Let me know if you start one and we can all join you?!

So i'm feeling rather grouchy and have serious period pain symptoms starting, I was due on Sept 25th but I guess having the implant out has scuppered (?) any existing cycle that I had so i'm hoping that its on its way as I still really want to start this month!!!

Hubby and I have been invited to a Halloween Fancy dress party on Oct 26th. It will also double up as saying goodbye to my brother and his husband who leave to go back to Poland for the winter. Since they have been here we have had some serious house gatherings, enjoyed many cocktails etc. If, and obviously its a big IF I am pregnant by then, how should I go about it? I mean i'm either trying so not drinking as much as normal or i'm pregnant and perhaps too soon to even know.

What would you girls do in my position? My suggestion to hubby is that we stick to me drinking rum and coke except I make my own and happen to leave out the rum when people aren't looking?

You could also say your on anti biotics/meds for some reason... I used that when i was pregnant with Daughter x

You could also say your on anti biotics/meds for some reason... I used that when i was pregnant with Daughter x

True but I used that last time and besides, If I say that i'm not drinking I guess I should offer to drive.

If I don't know, a few drinks won't hurt if I later find out i'm pregnant will it?

Hello Ladies, we are officially trying in Oct as well :)
Would be nice to have some buddies to chat with in the same boat. I have a son who will be 10 in Oct. and a 6 year old daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->